ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Luke Kuechly (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257773)

buddha 04-17-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8548566)
If the Chiefs take a linebacker, Hightower is a far better fit for this team.

All day...every day. Hightower is going to be a star in the NFL.

ChiefMojo 04-23-2012 01:09 PM

This is what Greg Cossel said about his Chiefs pick Luke Kuechly...

11. Kansas City: The Chiefs under Romeo Crennel are quietly building an excellent defense. Focus on linebacker: It’s a very good group that features Tamba Hali and Justin Houston on the outside, and Derrick Johnson inside. You add Luke Kuechly to the mix, and you may well have the best 3-4 linebacking unit in the NFL. I’m tired of hearing about Kuechly’s average athleticism. I watched game after game after game and he played fast with urgent reaction speed. He played with his eyes better than any linebacker I can remember evaluating. His so-called inability to play physically? Watch the NFL as extensively as I do, and you’ll know that very few linebackers take on blocks. That’s a time-worn cliché that really has little practical application.

My Take: School has taken over my life, so I've been absent most of the offseason. That being said, I have done my research on a few guys, and I've finally set my heart on Kuechly. KC needs. Guard, but I think that can be had in RD2. Kuechly is a much needed piece for a Defense that will face 3 pass heavy teams, twice a year. Adding one more speed playmaker would go a long way to getting the defense from top 15 to top 5.

BigChiefFan 04-23-2012 01:13 PM

He's a better fit for the Seahags.

veist 04-23-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8560841)
He's a better fit for the Seahags.

He's a better fit for anyone looking to add a 4-3 linebacker.

KChiefs1 04-23-2012 09:53 PM

I'd be happy with this pick.

Dmello12 04-23-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8548566)
If the Chiefs take a linebacker, Hightower is a far better fit for this team.

yupppppp:thumb: wise words

DJ's left nut 04-23-2012 10:21 PM

Have I said in enough threads yet how much I would hate this pick?

I'm talking a McCluster level of hate.

Saccopoo 04-24-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8562239)
Have I said in enough threads yet how much I would hate this pick?

I'm talking a McCluster level of hate.

That's a little over the top, isn't it?

veist 04-24-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8562337)
That's a little over the top, isn't it?

No, I'd hate it more than McCluster.

BossChief 04-24-2012 10:43 AM

He just interviewed on ESPN radio and said he wants to play for the Bengals.

Only 4 teams interviewed him or worked him out.

The two he named were Cincy and NYG.

dirk digler 04-24-2012 08:03 PM

While I was driving today I was listening to 810 and KK and Boal said from what they have heard Kuechly is the pick.

Take it for what it is worth which may not be much...

DJ's left nut 04-24-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8563869)
While I was driving today I was listening to 810 and KK and Boal said from what they have heard Kuechly is the pick.

Take it for what it is worth which may not be much...

Makes sense - he pisses me off about 1/2 the time he does something.

So considering that I was pretty much elated with everything that happened in last years draft, I should prepare myself for some rage headaches this year.

BossChief 04-24-2012 09:32 PM

We bombed the 09 draft and days afterwards, we hired Phil Emery.

The next two drafts were extremely good.

Now that Emery isn't in the hizzy anymore, I hope we continue to draft as effectively as we have the last two years.

I have fears that we revert back to that 09 quality.

DJ's left nut 04-24-2012 10:14 PM

The 2010 draft has become overrated in the minds of Chiefs fans.

McCluster over Cody is an unforgivable abortion of a pick. Trading up for Moeaki when you could've had Graham or Hernandez was a mistake. Arenas was a major reach and I'm not impressed by getting a kick returner and nickle corner from a 2nd round pick.

Berry was a good pick...it was also a no-brainer. Asomoah was also a good pick.

Pioli has had 1 good draft in Kansas City. I still think he's an overrated hack that's living on a reputation built by Belichick and playmakers brought in by Herm.

We shall see. I'm starting to get a really awful feeling that he actually will draft Kuechly and the reason he didn't bring him in for a visit was it was all part of this cloak and dagger bullshit that he loves to pull.

Well the good news is that you and I could be united in our fury at that point...

Urc Burry 04-24-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8564281)
The 2010 draft has become overrated in the minds of Chiefs fans.

McCluster over Cody is an unforgivable abortion of a pick. Trading up for Moeaki when you could've had Graham or Hernandez was a mistake. Arenas was a major reach and I'm not impressed by getting a kick returner and nickle corner from a 2nd round pick.

Berry was a good pick...it was also a no-brainer. Asomoah was also a good pick.

Pioli has had 1 good draft in Kansas City. I still think he's an overrated hack that's living on a reputation built by Belichick and playmakers brought in by Herm.

We shall see. I'm starting to get a really awful feeling that he actually will draft Kuechly and the reason he didn't bring him in for a visit was it was all part of this cloak and dagger bullshit that he loves to pull.

Well the good news is that you and I could be united in our fury at that point...

Cody had major concerns coming out. Sure in hindsight it would of been a better pick. But if that was the case then we should of taken Gronk.

Moeaki > Hernandez, and Moeaki was a much better fit for our offense then Graham.

Javier is one of the best nickel corners in the game and was the third (I think) best punt returner last year. I am not going to complain about that pick.

2009 was a terrible draft period. Not a lot of teams nailed that draft.

The 2011 draft also looks like a hit. Pioli knows what he is doing when it comes to the draft and I believe we will have another solid one this year.