ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls MMO Announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259190)

kcxiv 01-15-2014 07:28 PM

People in beta are killing this game for being completely shitty! I dont think i have ever seen a beta'd game take this much hate and thats saying alot, because there has been some MMo's released when they were not ready.

Im hearing that the company sunk 200 million into this game and its more thenlikely goign to flop. Then again, from the other games they made a few billions, so im gussing 200m is a hit they can afford to take lol

Only hope left is a Pantheon Rise of the Fallen who is trying to get kickstarted. oh well.

Valiant 01-15-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10372150)
People in beta are killing this game for being completely shitty! I dont think i have ever seen a beta'd game take this much hate and thats saying alot, because there has been some MMo's released when they were not ready.

Im hearing that the company sunk 200 million into this game and its more thenlikely goign to flop. Then again, from the other games they made a few billions, so im gussing 200m is a hit they can afford to take lol

Only hope left is a Pantheon Rise of the Fallen who is trying to get kickstarted. oh well.

Do not sink a lot of hope, the devs running that from what I read on ign like to waste money on frivolous purchases for themselves in the past.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2014 09:17 PM

I hate these jerks for ****ing around and making a stupid MMO when all they had to do was pump out the single-player sequel to Skyrim and make a mountain of money anyway.

Huffmeister 01-15-2014 09:19 PM

I barely got out of the starting quest zone and was already bored. It felt like Skyrim "Lite", without the soul.

hometeam 01-15-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10372298)
I hate these jerks for ****ing around and making a stupid MMO when all they had to do was pump out the single-player sequel to Skyrim and make a mountain of money anyway.

All they really had to do was take skyrims engine and make it work with multiplayer. Literally, thats it.

But no they ****ed around and made some shit ass generic, done ten years ago MMO. And badly at that.

kcxiv 01-16-2014 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10372166)
Do not sink a lot of hope, the devs running that from what I read on ign like to waste money on frivolous purchases for themselves in the past.

Ooh, i know all about it, im an old school Everquest player from way back. Im not concerned about the waste money part of it this time around. There is not going to be alot of money even if their kickstarter gets funded. Alot of the old everquest dev's are working on this for free right now. They kinda have to give it a good ole college try, developers are not rich by anymeans. If they can pull it off and have a game for the niche they aregoing for, its going to pay out for them really well, its going to be constant monthly revenue. If they run the kickstarter and fail it this time around, its over for all of them. They are working on a very limited budget even even if the Kickstarter goes through.

For a MMo and what they want to do, its my kind of game. If they can pull it off, ill say one thing, ill be back MMo'ing because for about the last 7-8 years mmo's been ass. They arent even mmo's anymore. Itsmostly a single player game til you get to max level and run some of the most linear ass dungeons.

This map shows you pretty[much exactly what i mean...

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/FPS_63b475_1259033.jpg

This is how fps/mmo dungeons are now days. They wanna go back to the one that looks and is fun. lol

htismaqe 01-16-2014 07:39 AM

Just so you guys know, Elder Scrolls games (aka Morrowind, Skyrim) are made by Bethesda Game Studios, a subsidiary of Bethesda Softworks.

TES MMO is made by Zenimax Online Studios, a completely different subsidiary of Bethesda Softworks.

They didn't make this INSTEAD of a sequel to Skyrim. They couldn't just port the game engine from Skyrim.

The only relation between the two projects are the IP and the holding company that owns it.

kaplin42 01-16-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10372774)
Ooh, i know all about it, im an old school Everquest player from way back. Im not concerned about the waste money part of it this time around. There is not going to be alot of money even if their kickstarter gets funded. Alot of the old everquest dev's are working on this for free right now. They kinda have to give it a good ole college try, developers are not rich by anymeans. If they can pull it off and have a game for the niche they aregoing for, its going to pay out for them really well, its going to be constant monthly revenue. If they run the kickstarter and fail it this time around, its over for all of them. They are working on a very limited budget even even if the Kickstarter goes through.

For a MMo and what they want to do, its my kind of game. If they can pull it off, ill say one thing, ill be back MMo'ing because for about the last 7-8 years mmo's been ass. They arent even mmo's anymore. Itsmostly a single player game til you get to max level and run some of the most linear ass dungeons.

This map shows you pretty[much exactly what i mean...

This is how fps/mmo dungeons are now days. They wanna go back to the one that looks and is fun. lol

I agree with you on so many points. EQ2 was the last MMO that I really enjoyed until SOE took it F2P. I hope that by niche market, you mean the MMO will be complicated, not a single player till 50, and will require some skill to raid in? Cause that would be awesome, I would love a game, even if smaller both world and population wise that was actually challenging.

They did so many things right with Vanguard, if only they could capture that stuff, but then not **** up the code so the game ran smoothly. If they had done that, Vanguard would still be kicking ass today.

ESO on the other hand is badly made generic_MMO_9458 that is going to be F2P within 3 months of launch, if even that long.

kcxiv 01-16-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 10372993)
I agree with you on so many points. EQ2 was the last MMO that I really enjoyed until SOE took it F2P. I hope that by niche market, you mean the MMO will be complicated, not a single player till 50, and will require some skill to raid in? Cause that would be awesome, I would love a game, even if smaller both world and population wise that was actually challenging.

They did so many things right with Vanguard, if only they could capture that stuff, but then not **** up the code so the game ran smoothly. If they had done that, Vanguard would still be kicking ass today.

ESO on the other hand is badly made generic_MMO_9458 that is going to be F2P within 3 months of launch, if even that long.

Yeah, Brad has went out n pretty much explained why VG crapped and took most of the responsiblity himself, he said he ****ed up and this time around he wants to hire a CEO. He's been posting alot in the Pantheon thread over at Rerolled.org. All we can do is wait and see, he's the only hope of the old schoool feel. Everyone else wants to copy WOW which hey, if you wanna play a game like WOW play wOW. lol

Saccopoo 01-16-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10373555)
Yeah, Brad has went out n pretty much explained why VG crapped and took most of the responsiblity himself, he said he ****ed up and this time around he wants to hire a CEO. He's been posting alot in the Pantheon thread over at Rerolled.org. All we can do is wait and see, he's the only hope of the old schoool feel. Everyone else wants to copy WOW which hey, if you wanna play a game like WOW play wOW. lol

kcxiv 01-16-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10373734)

I prefer the female troll dancie imitating the french Pop Star Alizee!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jjUVStwNt3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

actually i think its this video they stole the troll female dance from.. its been a while since i played Wow.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q6omsDyFNlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kaplin42 01-17-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10373555)

I took a look, and I'm hesitantly excited. I agree with the sentiment of the thread that Vanguard is probably the best concept to come out in the last 10 years, and the game play was a shit ton of fun, just the actual game code blew.

I love that he blatantly says niche market, for the crowd that wants a challenging, yet rewarding experience.

I will personally buying the $100 Kickstarter spot for my wife and I. I know this game will be small, and wont have all the features of some of the newer MMO's, but, I will be looking forward to a challenge again. Hopefully they can deliver.

hometeam 01-17-2014 12:08 PM

If you guys are looking at oldschool throwback MMO mechanics you should also check out the kickstarter for Repopulation, game is already in alpha.

Setsuna 01-17-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 10372310)
I barely got out of the starting quest zone and was already bored. It felt like Skyrim "Lite", without the soul.

Yeah I was over it too. There was almost no challenge. The combat was a little slow. The leveling system makes no sense. And if they are going for SWTOR type quest givers then they need to do better with mouth movement because it is beyond terrible. I had to play it myself to understand how garbage this game is.

hometeam 01-17-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10375271)
Yeah I was over it too. There was almost no challenge. The combat was a little slow. The leveling system makes no sense. And if they are going for SWTOR type quest givers then they need to do better with mouth movement because it is beyond terrible. I had to play it myself to understand how garbage this game is.

http://nkayesel.files.wordpress.com/...hallelujah.gif