ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9064966)
I lived in AR for 18 years. Big fan of the Hogs. Wilson is 5x the QB Mallett was.

Having that said, if our beloved Chiefs do not fix the FO problem, bring in good coaching,

none of these QBs are going to heal our pain!

I would not be suprised to see Wilson go #1 overall when it is all said and done.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9064959)
I agree 100% but, why do you think Geno has "it?" Out of the three, he is the least clutch in my opinion. If he gets behind by a couple of scores, it seems to be over.

This was a discussion about Bray.

When it comes to character, an incomplete grade is better than a negative grade.

Geno does what he is asked to do. That's the way it is in college. More than ever before, guys aren't being prepared to play in the NFL, they're being inserted into crazy motion and read offenses in an attempt to win college football games. Teams have finally figured out that these kinds of offenses can elevate a 2nd-tier team into a contender. Look at the QBs taken early the last few years.

Rasputin 10-30-2012 06:50 AM

Am going make a bold prediction & based off of Jerry Jones love for the Razorbacks. I predict the Cowboys trading up to get this kid. I'd love to see him as a Chief but I think Jerry Jones is going target the kid and hope that means he leaves Barkley or Geno Smith alone. The Cowboys are going be in the market for a QB and they are a player in the draft to contend with. ****ing DallASS Cowboys.

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9064975)
This was a discussion about Bray.

When it comes to character, an incomplete grade is better than a negative grade.

Geno does what he is asked to do. That's the way it is in college. More than ever before, guys aren't being prepared to play in the NFL, they're being inserted into crazy motion and read offenses in an attempt to win college football games. Teams have finally figured out that these kinds of offenses can elevate a 2nd-tier team into a contender. Look at the QBs taken early the last few years.

I hear you but, Geno hasn't shown he has "it" imo. When the game is on the line, he generally doesn't make the play that the QB has to make. For example, when you are down 21-7, you have to convert the 3rd and 5 to keep the drive going. He doesn't do that and he seems to lose his composure when he gets behind. He's not the least bit clutch in my opinion. He will have more opprotunities to prove he can do this.

suds79 10-30-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9063431)
That's what I like about Bray. He may be douchey and potentially immature, but seems to step it up, even against the good D's. Coming into the season, the top 3 guys I wanted to draft in order were; 1.) Bray, 2.) Smith, 3.) Barkley/Wilson.....a few games in this season, it switched to 1.) Smith, 2.) Barkley, 3.) Bray (mostly because his doucheyness, 4.) Wilson. Now I'm teeter-tottering with 1.) Bray/Wilson, 3.) Barkley, 4.) Wilson. I think this Bray kid has got some awesome potential....it's just the character questions that concern me.

Coming into the season I liked Bray the most also. Was used to the toughest competition on the SEC, had the size, has the best arm.

But then after watching him play several times this year, I'm convinced he should stay in school. He's just not ready. This guy if he is everything he's suppose to be should be dominating college football and he just isn't.

ncCHIEFfan 10-30-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9064974)
I would not be suprised to see Wilson go #1 overall when it is all said and done.

I think he has at least equal NFL potential as any other prospect this year.

MahiMike 10-30-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9064993)
I hear you but, Geno hasn't shown he has "it" imo. When the game is on the line, he generally doesn't make the play that the QB has to make. For example, when you are down 21-7, you have to convert the 3rd and 5 to keep the drive going. He doesn't do that and he seems to lose his composure when he gets behind. He's not the least bit clutch in my opinion. He will have more opprotunities to prove he can do this.

I agree on the composure aspect. Big red flag to me.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9065006)
Coming into the season I liked Bray the most also. Was used to the toughest competition on the SEC, had the size, has the best arm.

But then after watching him play several times this year, I'm convinced he should stay in school. He's just not ready. This guy if he is everything he's suppose to be should be dominating college football and he just isn't.

Jay Cutler has the size, the best arm, and was tested against SEC competition too.

Sometimes guys just aren't winners.

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9065076)
Jay Cutler has the size, the best arm, and was tested against SEC competition too.

Sometimes guys just aren't winners.

Jay Cutler is a winner though. He wins in the NFL. I have no idea where you are coming from? Hell, he won some games at Vanderbilt and was the 2005 SEC Offensive Player of the Year. Do you know how hard it is to win at Vanderbilt? That's where smart people go to school. It's hard to get in there.

Some of you guys need to come back down to earth and quit talking Superbowls etc. We would be lucky to have Cutler. I have no idea how you can even begin to think that any of these three QBs will have a better career than Cutler. None of them have shown enough to warrant that opinion from what I have seen.

and I don't even like Jay Cutler....

htismaqe 10-30-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9065281)
Jay Cutler is a winner though. He wins in the NFL. I have no idea where you are coming from?

Some of you guys need to come back down to earth and quit talking Superbowls etc. We would be lucky to have Cutler. I have no idea how you can even begin to think that any of these three QBs will have a better career than Cutler. None of them have shown enough to warrant that opinion from what I have seen.

You have the biggest double standard on QBs. You have no credibility on the subject.

Cutler is a royal douche. There is NOTHING to like about him unless you're a Jeff George fan.

MIAdragon 10-30-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9065281)
Jay Cutler is a winner though. He wins in the NFL. I have no idea where you are coming from? Hell, he won some games at Vanderbilt and was the 2005 SEC Offensive Player of the Year. Do you know how hard it is to win at Vanderbilt? That's where smart people go to school. It's hard to get in there.

Lolz, would we by "lucky" to have Rex Grossman, Mark Sanchez or Kordell Stewart? They are all "winners" in your book. They all have the same wining percentage in the NFL. No thanks, we need to aim a tad higher than this.

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9065288)
You have the biggest double standard on QBs. You have no credibility on the subject.

Cutler is a royal douche. There is NOTHING to like about him unless you're a Jeff George fan.

I do? ROFL

You say you want a QB with the "it" factor and you hitch your wagon to Geno Smith?

Personally, I don't think you know half of what you are talking about most of the time. Maybe it's because you don't have credibility with me?

I mean, look at this argument. You're the one that brought Cutler up asking for this but you really don't know a damn thing about the guy.

Bears fans seem to like him. They went through exactly what we went through trying to get a QB. Look at them now. They have the best shot at winning a Superbowl since 1985. I think we'd be lucky to have him.

http://www.dabears.com/showthread.ph...different-quot

Woodchuck 10-30-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9065304)
Lolz, would we by "lucky" to have Rex Grossman, Mark Sanchez or Kordell Stewart? They are all "winners" in your book. They all have the same wining percentage in the NFL. No thanks, we need to aim a tad higher than this.

Cutler is above the level of those QBs. He has the "it" factor. 13 fourth quarter comebacks and 17 game-winning drives is pretty damn good in six years.

Look at that 2006 draft and tell me if you see similarities?

Here's the order the first round QBs taken back then:

1. Vince Young - system QB

2. Matt Leinart - big shot USC guy

3. Jay Cutler - played for a bad team in the SEC

Don't most expect:

1. Geno Smith - system QB

2. Matt Barkley - big shot USC guy

3. Tyler Wilson - played for a bad team in the SEC

There is plenty to like about Cutler compared to those other 2006 guys.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9065322)
I do? ROFL

You say you want a QB with the "it" factor and you hitch your wagon to Geno Smith?

I haven't hitched my wagon to anybody.

I like Smith's potential.

htismaqe 10-30-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9065332)
Cutler is above the level of those QBs. He has the "it" factor.

Yep, you're clueless.