ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Scott Egoli and the Kansas City Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263819)

FAX 09-18-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8926014)
No doubt it would have had to have been a haul of picks. But based on Pioli's record of drafting, I would have gladly given that up.

ROFL

Point.

FAX

Tribal Warfare 09-18-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8925890)
Whitlock is right, but that "Egoli" nickname is still wack as ****.

it does sound like some Mediterranean breakfast

FAX 09-18-2012 06:48 PM

Whittles could down at least 6 or 7 egolis without requiring a sip of water. The man is a machine.

FAX

tredadda 09-18-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8925991)
Lamar had an extremely likeable public image. Plus, he was responsible for, not only bringing the Chiefs to KC, but creating the AFL and helping to force the merger. For those reasons, he was revered by the community ... and rightfully so.

But Lamar is no longer with us. Clark now has the reins and lacks the gravitas and charisma of his father. Apparently, however, he does possess the same laissez-faire, hands-off approach to the team. Taken together, those characteristics don't provide him with the same benefit of the doubt Lamar enjoyed.

FAX

^ This. Clark and Lamar are similar in their management styles, the difference is Lamar has achievements to back him up, Clark not so much.

suzzer99 09-18-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8925993)
And every draft pick for 10 years.

FAX

You an always make up non-QB picks a million times easier through free agency.

gold_and_red 09-19-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8926211)
it does sound like some Mediterranean breakfast

I am sure that Whitlock had far worse variations of Pioli in his mind, I mean the kind CP revels in...

Cornstock 09-19-2012 01:05 AM

A single post by Whitlock automatically sparks a 200 post thread (and counting). Amazing. Hate him or love him he gets people going to the degree that Clay can only dream.

Deberg_1990 09-19-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8925991)
Lamar had an extremely likeable public image. Plus, he was responsible for, not only bringing the Chiefs to KC, but creating the AFL and helping to force the merger. For those reasons, he was revered by the community ... and rightfully so.

But Lamar is no longer with us. Clark now has the reins and lacks the gravitas and charisma of his father. Apparently, however, he does possess the same laissez-faire, hands-off approach to the team. Taken together, those characteristics don't provide him with the same benefit of the doubt Lamar enjoyed.

FAX

He also brought Worlds of Fun to KC! heh...

But its those types of public relations moves that help endear you to a community.

FAX 09-19-2012 06:38 AM

Didn't a family of four die a horrible fiery death at Worlds Of Fun after plunging 40 feet from a roller coaster into a corn dog vendors cart?

Or, did I just make that up?

FAX

007 09-19-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8927043)
Didn't a family of four die a horrible fiery death at Worlds Of Fun after plunging 40 feet from a roller coaster into a corn dog vendors cart?

Or, did I just make that up?

FAX

It was a water toy cart after they flew out of the EXT.