ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bucs not planning to extend Josh Freeman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268578)

crazycoffey 01-07-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9291812)
They're not going to trade picks for a 24-year old QB and then take a QB in the 1st round.

Trading for Freeman means Freeman is the guy. We'll take the other option later, ala Seattle.

putting all the eggs in one basket is a big problem, pioli did it with casshole. I don't see how this is a bad move. Get a rookie, a young vet and sign an older vet from FA, get more draft picks by trading down. more options.

Titty Meat 01-07-2013 11:33 AM

Id trade a 3rd for him

Mr. Laz 01-07-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9291835)
2 years with incentives

Freeman is not going to agree to that

Hammock Parties 01-07-2013 11:34 AM

Isn't Freeman and another high QB on the roster at the same time just another Sanchez/Cassel fantasy from 2009?

Seems far fetched.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9291839)
putting all the eggs in one basket is a big problem, 'Team-killer' Pioli did it with casshole. I don't see how this is a bad move. Get a rookie, a young vet and sign an older vet from FA, get more draft picks by trading down. more options.

Teams just don't make moves like that.

Freeman is essentially your "draft" if you swap picks and such to get him. They would then look for the Russell Wilson/Kirk Cousins late-rounder as a contingency plan.

They're not going to essentially spend TWO first round picks on a QBs. Not gonna happen.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9291844)
Isn't Freeman and another high QB on the roster at the same time just another Sanchez/Cassel fantasy from 2009?

Seems far fetched.

Exactly.

crazycoffey 01-07-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9291844)

Seems far fetched.

I think I was more on the trade up to get stafford boat, was not a sanchez fan then or now

Marco Polo 01-07-2013 11:47 AM

Geno > Freeman

crazycoffey 01-07-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9291855)
Teams just don't make moves like that.

Freeman is essentially your "draft" if you swap picks and such to get him. They would then look for the Russell Wilson/Kirk Cousins late-rounder as a contingency plan.

They're not going to essentially spend TWO first round picks on a QBs. Not gonna happen.

you say essentially like it makes the scenerio different from signing a released matt flynn and drafting geno first overall. In both cases you'd get two unproven qbs with different levels of potential values. one has some nfl experience.

A swap of first rounders to get more draft picks, add one potential starting qb and still drafting one at 13 doeasnt sound so impossible to me. improbable? sure, I hear what youre saying.

we're still just talking about rumors anyway.....

htismaqe 01-07-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9291858)
I think I was more on the trade up to get stafford boat, was not a sanchez fan then or now

No, people were suggesting we could/should still draft Sanchez even after we traded for Cassel (including me).

NFL teams just don't really do that, though.

Al Bundy 01-07-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9291804)
There pretty much has to be something wrong with Freeman's attitude or some intangible. Maybe he can't learn a full playbook ... maybe he refuses to change some of his mechanics etc.

Young,talented QB's are too hard to find

Tampa Bay wouldn't be giving up on him unless there is something they see on a daily basis that other teams wouldn't know about yet.

Definitely a mechanics issue. I don't get the sense from some people I know inside the building that there is a refusal to learn, inconsistency is his issue.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9291888)
you say essentially like it makes the scenerio different from signing a released matt flynn and drafting geno first overall. In both cases you'd get two unproven qbs with different levels of potential values. one has some nfl experience.

A swap of first rounders to get more draft picks, add one potential starting qb and still drafting one at 13 doeasnt sound so impossible to me. improbable? sure, I hear what youre saying.

we're still just talking about rumors anyway.....

Signing a REALEASED Matt Flynn and trading picks for Matt Flynn (or Josh Freeman) are two completely different things, though.

jd1020 01-07-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9291893)
Definitely a mechanics issue. I don't get the sense from some people I know inside the building that there is a refusal to learn, inconsistency is his issue.

Sounds like he lacks drive.

You can keep him.

Al Bundy 01-07-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9291900)
Sounds like he lacks drive.

You can keep him.

If you say so... I have never heard that about him.

Bowser 01-07-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9291840)
Id trade a 3rd for him

I wouldn't be against this, but if we're looking to move our third rounder, send it to Philly for Maclin (if they would take it. Might take a third and a sixth, or somesuch for him).