ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** OFFICIAL 2013 KANSAS FOOTBALL THREAD ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268663)

RustShack 05-22-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9702042)
Sweet. Lets hope Year 2 Weis is much better than Year 2 Gill.

Hear me out, if Kansas gets good we have to be the deepest conference right? Obviously not the top end schools like the SEC until Texas and/or Oklahoma get back to form...but is it even possible for all schools to reach six wins and bowl eligibility? We obviously want a school or to at least to have 0-2 losses too... But if Kansas gets good under Weis all ten schools are capable of being Bowl Eligable, but just might look worse given the hard schedule.

ArrowheadHawk 05-22-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9702103)
Hear me out, if Kansas gets good we have to be the deepest conference right? Obviously not the top end schools like the SEC until Texas and/or Oklahoma get back to form...but is it even possible for all schools to reach six wins and bowl eligibility? We obviously want a school or to at least to have 0-2 losses too... But if Kansas gets good under Weis all ten schools are capable of being Bowl Eligable, but just might look worse given the hard schedule.

The conference is tough no doubt but more likely somebody else will be down if it's not Kansas. Kansas State is only as good as their coach. Not sure what they are going to do when he dies.

Braincase 05-23-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9702042)
Sweet. Lets hope Year 2 Weis is much better than Year 2 Gill.

He already is. Recruiting has been better than I hoped for, and having a couple of solid transfers at WR this coming season can't hurt. We'll have to see what we have in Heaps, but the OC that benched him got canned at BYU after one season.

Bambi 05-23-2013 07:51 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zxkB2uuIM08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 07:55 AM

If Weis wins 1-2 games this year he should be on the hot seat. He won't be because of his contract, but if Turner got a short leash it's only fair this guy does too. Uncle Charlie can't just laugh his way out of another terrible season and expect everyone to laugh along.

Braincase 05-23-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9702628)
If Weis wins 1-2 games this year he should be on the hot seat. He won't be because of his contract, but if Turner got a short leash it's only fair this guy does too. Uncle Charlie can't just laugh his way out of another terrible season and expect everyone to laugh along.

I'm going to remain positive. Hell, we were one butterfingered d-back away from beating Texas last year. It's a foewgone conclusion that we're going to be better this year than we were last year. The question is by how much. Gill actually got worse over time, so I don't think it's a legit comparison. I think Zenger is going to give HCCW the time he needs to get his system in place.

Bambi 05-23-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9702851)
I'm going to remain positive. Hell, we were one butterfingered d-back away from beating Texas last year. It's a foewgone conclusion that we're going to be better this year than we were last year. The question is by how much. Gill actually got worse over time, so I don't think it's a legit comparison. I think Zenger is going to give HCCW the time he needs to get his system in place.

I have concerns over losing 3 off the OL and McDougald in the defensive backfield.

However most every other position group appears to be upgraded. I don't care if it's with juco talent to get things back on track... tons of schools do that nowadays anyway. I think the important thing though is going to be converting 3rd downs better because although our RBs are great the OL won't be as good. This means Heaps and his new weapons are going to have to make 3rd and 6 happen which was basically impossible with last year's group.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-23-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9702628)

I agree with the short leash, however it isn't nearly as short as Turner's should have been. With Turner, we could see the competitiveness leaving the team.. we could see the lack of talent being brought in on the roster, and we could see that his cupboard was not bare when he took over.

With Weis, We can see competitiveness improving. KU was in a lot of games last year until their lack of overall talent\depth weared on them. We see talent being brought in this coming season... The talent in the incoming class is 10x what Gill ever brought in a single season (last season is tough to judge due to the short timeframe weis had to recruit.. yet he still brought in a few quality kids). When Weis got here his cupboard was darn near barren. He even cleaned house further, that team last year was so devoid of high D1 talent it is embarassing... That's not on Weis.

By year three, if there isn't a dramatic change in this program I will be surprised. And you are right.. if there isn't, then he needs to have that leash used.

Bambi 05-23-2013 10:07 AM

And agreed on Texas. Only game I made it back for last year and it was KU's game for 59 minutes. Unbelievably back luck for the Hawks. Would have been a great win for Weis. But they can't dwell on that and I don't think this group will.

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9702851)
I' It's a foewgone conclusion that we're going to be better this year than we were last year. The question is by how much. .

Sagarin ratings:

2011 (Gill): #91, 64 rating
2012 (Weis): #98, 63 rating

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...in/2011/teams/

ArrowheadHawk 05-23-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9702913)
Sagarin ratings:

2011 (Gill): #91, 64 rating
2012 (Weis): #98, 63 rating

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...in/2011/teams/

Interesting:

Don't forget 2010 (Gill): #119, 59 rating

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-23-2013 10:20 AM

Y'all will probably beat K-State next year. They are in for a terrible year

Mr. Plow 05-23-2013 10:25 AM

I'm really looking forward to seeing the team this year. Last year expectations were low for me. Didn't expect much and really I got more than I thought I would out of the season. Close games against a few teams that KU very easily could have won, but most importantly, improvement from the first game to the last.

I expect to see the same this year. Overall improvement from the first game to the last, but with some of those close losses turning into close wins. I'm keeping expectations low though, so I'll say 3-4 wins with at least one damn conference win.

The following year, he should be making decent strides in making KU competitive in each game of the year.

ArrowheadHawk 05-23-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9702959)
I'm really looking forward to seeing the team this year. Last year expectations were low for me. Didn't expect much and really I got more than I thought I would out of the season. Close games against a few teams that KU very easily could have won, but most importantly, improvement from the first game to the last.

I expect to see the same this year. Overall improvement from the first game to the last, but with some of those close losses turning into close wins. I'm keeping expectations low though, so I'll say 3-4 wins with at least one damn conference win.

The following year, he should be making decent strides in making KU competitive in each game of the year.

That would be nice. Weis should have these boys rolling by the time we get that track removed.

Bambi 05-23-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9702959)

I agree except for that Iowa State game. They should never have been clocked like that. West Virginia was a freight train so that's not so bad but losing by that much to ISU should never happen.