ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***OFFICIAL UT VS. KU GAME THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270091)

Mr. Plow 02-17-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9409991)
No he wont be....he was a big fish in a small pond.

I've never seen a MCDAA suck so ****ing bad as him. He has no post move, he's strictly a back to the basket player, and a VERY weak one at that. He can't rebound. He has somewhat of a soft touch shot but his confidence is so ****ing shot he won't attempt a jumper.

LMAO

Prison Bitch 02-17-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9409976)
You made it sound as if Ellis isn't a top recruit. He IS. The Morii and TRob didn't look awesome their first years, either.

Ellis will be amazing.

Yes they did. And no he will not. Perry is the biggest disappointment in many years at KU thus far.

Prison Bitch 02-17-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9409993)
As mentioned T-Rob and the Morris twins in many ways looked worse than Ellis right now when they were freshman. .

I never could understand where myths get started.

Pants 02-17-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9410267)
I never could understand where myths get started.

I don't know where myths get started either, but the post you have quoted is absolutely not a myth.

Anyone who has deemed Ellis to be a failure is pretty much a moron. There's not much more to say than that.

CoMoChief 02-17-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9410086)
Sasha Kaun was awful and never should have been out on the floor.

Kaun had 1 good game....that was vs. Davidson

CoMoChief 02-17-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 9410123)
Maybe

Ellis, and traylor for that matter, are going to be just fine.

Matter of fact, I see Traylor being a darnell jackson type. And Ellis has a pretty high ceiling IMHO.

explain...

silver5liter 02-17-2013 11:32 AM

Reaaaaaly cracks me up that you guys are wanting to give up on a top recruit freshman so early. He will be very good.

Ceej 02-17-2013 11:34 AM

Some times I think prison, wicked and Como are all the same person.

Mr. Plow 02-17-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9410311)
Kaun had 1 good game....that was vs. Davidson

Let's not go through this again. You're wrong. Everyone knows you're wrong.

Mr. Plow 02-17-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9410340)
Reaaaaaly cracks me up that you guys are wanting to give up on a top recruit freshman so early. He will be very good.

It's called going from high school to a major college program.

Lzen 02-17-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9410367)
Let's not go through this again. You're wrong. Everyone knows you're wrong.

Water is wet. The sky is blue.

Silock 02-17-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9409991)
No he wont be....he was a big fish in a small pond.

I've never seen a MCDAA suck so ****ing bad as him. He has no post move, he's strictly a back to the basket player, and a VERY weak one at that. He can't rebound. He has somewhat of a soft touch shot but his confidence is so ****ing shot he won't attempt a jumper.

This is idiotic. You clearly don't remember anything about the development of bigs at KU in the past decade.

The Morii perfected the weak ass power layup, never taking it strong to the hoop and dunking.

Silock 02-17-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9410266)
Yes they did. And no he will not. Perry is the biggest disappointment in many years at KU thus far.

No, they didn't.

Bambi 02-17-2013 11:59 AM

Failure is such a subjective term. I honestly never saw Perry Ellis play in high school so I can't tell you that I had any real expectations out of him. All I can speak to is his play at KU. He is what he is. Players who log meaningful minutes at Kansas typically are much better than Ellis, regardless of position. Hopefully he gets better.

Prison Bitch 02-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9410369)
It's called going from high school to a major college program.

Perry isn't a typical high schooler. He was a Mickey D and a consensus top-25 recruit. The only 4-time POY in Kansas. A guy who was expected to start day 1. And he's not just having typical FR struggles: he can't catch the ball, can't go up for a layup without being stripped or rejected, looks slow, has zero confidence when he does get it ....... and is just flat surprised by the lateral quickness of defenders at this level.

It may be a problem with his lack of competition in HS but thus far, he looks absolutely terrible. This really can't be denied. Will be turn out ok? He might, I have no idea either way. But let's not sugarcoat his dreadful season.