ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *****Official Formula 1 Thread******* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271074)

Dylan 05-28-2017 10:57 AM

Grazia, Grazia :D

Vettel

Kimi

Ricciardo

Bottas

My boy Verstappen

Hydrae 05-28-2017 11:13 AM

That was a nasty looking accident. Castronevas (sp?) going under the flying car had to be a pants shitting moment. :eek:

Dylan 05-28-2017 11:18 AM

J.C...Missed the crash - caught it at the end on replay - However, these cars carry too much speed to be racing on this ancient oval /round circuit ...

Unbelievable...

Dylan 05-28-2017 11:23 AM

I remember Michael Schumacher saying years ago that drivers have to be crazy to race open wheel at Indy 500 - There is no run-off - nothing...

I remember one year Formula 1 drivers boycotted right before of the race because of tire compound and safety issues - They never went back - They left the fans sitting in their seats...F1 now races at the beautiful COTA in the U.S.

Dylan 05-28-2017 01:07 PM

Wow, IndyCar is garbage!

I keep turning the channel - When I turn back to Indy, there is a safety car on the track. The only reason I am watching is to see two-time F1 champion Alonso sit in that God-awful IndyCar.

This is the first time Alonso has stepped into an IndyCar and he is running second with a bad road crew - Looks like his pit crew are rookies - no?

Oh boy, bad restart for Alonso and he drops to P12 - Could spell trouble for Alonso now he is in a pack that races like amateurs.

God Bless Alonso come back to Formula 1 - This sport is way beneath his racing talent...Oops another caution.

Too bad McLaren Honda F1 car sucks - This is the reason Alonso did not race in Monaco today and hopped into a Honda IndyCar.

When does the racing start?

Oh Lord, car parts flying in the air again...

Rant over.

Dylan 05-28-2017 01:28 PM

Another Honda is out of the race -

With all these cars stopping and starting - Hard to pick a winner...:D

Alonso on the move! Putting on a clinic ... Save yourself Alonso, IndyCar is not worth your life.

Dylan 05-28-2017 01:34 PM

OMG! Alonso engine blew!

Honda! LMAO

OMG - Alonso HATES Honda...Just like he hates driving for McLaren-Honda in F1.

EDIT: Wow, 5-car crash!

Open wheel should never race on this track - What a cluster. The back fillers are now leading... Yikes.

Come On Sato! Win this race...! Former F1 driver

Let's go Sato! Beat those IndyCar boys!

Al Bundy 05-28-2017 02:05 PM

Sato.... what a good win for that guy.

eDave 05-28-2017 02:05 PM

Hi Dylan.

Dylan 05-28-2017 02:16 PM

Congratulations Sato!

Happy for him...He did not see it coming...Former Formula 1 driver wins the Indy500.

IndyCar is pretty exciting when they are not crashing out.

Hey, eDave! Happy Memorial Day!

Dylan 05-28-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 12892758)
Sato.... what a good win for that guy.

So Happy for him!

On to the NASCAR race :D

Baby Lee 05-28-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 12892629)
That was a nasty looking accident. Castronevas (sp?) going under the flying car had to be a pants shitting moment. :eek:

That was AMAZING. Don't think I've ever seen so much air under a car [even the famous Mercedes flip of a few years back that resulted in the undercarriage rule change]

Scarier even than the bassackwards landing on the safety cell wall was the landing flush on the cockpit protection triangle right after.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/wwvyy/smkhvr" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Baby Lee 05-28-2017 03:00 PM

More inspiring, amazing even, in Monaco

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/fnbm1/fbggfi" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Slo-Mo of the close cutting

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="BM8kL9h"><a href="//imgur.com/BM8kL9h">hhnnnnngg</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Prison Bitch 05-28-2017 03:19 PM

My live report from Indy:

*Worst crash I've seen there in 30 years. Shocked Dixon survived.
*Awesome for Sato
*Alonso is a f**** stud. Looked to the crowd after getting out, raised his arms and got a standing O

eDave 05-28-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12892819)
My live report from Indy:

*Worst crash I've seen there in 30 years. Shocked Dixon survived.
*Awesome for Sato
*Alonso is a f**** stud. Looked to the crowd after getting out, raised his arms and got a standing O

You are/were there? Nice man.