ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official NCAA Championship Game Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271889)

notorious 04-08-2013 09:52 PM

Missed FT's will haunt Michigan.

Sure it was a hackfest, but Michigan started getting away with them, too.

KC_Connection 04-08-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9570147)
But the number of shots these guys made both from the perimeter in traffic, some of the execution to get guys shots, some of the desire shown getting to rebounds....not sure I get your point. Sure Spike was an anomoly, but a kid got open looks and knocked them down.

I'm not knocking their desire or offensive execution, but there was way, way too much contact being allowed for my liking.

Quote:

Hancock can play, not a scrub. It was physical, but no more than any other game.
Hancock is pretty much the definition of a scrub. He's just a spot shooter (and not even a particularly good one at that either if you look at his stats). There is little else to his game. I give him credit for playing above his head at the right time, there's no better time than the FF to do so.

Ceej 04-08-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niblet (Post 9570158)
So if WSU had beaten Louisville the MVC would have been better than the Big East?

Yup.

That's exactly what I said.

ChiefRocka 04-08-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9570157)
There were some bad calls, but no different than others. Burke's 2nd, the non-kick, etc. But everything about that game was big time.

Really...the non-kick....really

Chiefs Pantalones 04-08-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9570161)
I'm not knocking their desire or offensive execution, but there was way, way too much contact being allowed for my liking.

Hancock is pretty much the definition of a scrub. He's just a spot shooter (and not even a particularly good one at that either if you look at his stats). There is little else to his game. I give him credit for playing above his head at the right time, there's no better time than the FF to do so.

This was an odd year no doubt overall. A bunch of scrubs playing above their heads in college basketball IMO. Felt weird the whole year actually.

KC_Connection 04-08-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9570157)
There were some bad calls, but no different than others. Burke's 2nd, the non-kick, etc. But everything about that game was big time.

It's not so much what they did call (although that was often bad), but what they didn't.

notorious 04-08-2013 09:56 PM

An "expert" on ESPN said that if they called college ball like they do in the NBA, Lousiville wouldn't make it past the 10 minute mark because they would all be fouled out.

I enjoy good basketball, but Louisville plays a mix of Rugby and Basketball. They amount of arm bars they get away with is laughable.

Pitino knows how the officiating will be, so congrats to him and his team for doing what is allowed.

KevB 04-08-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9570161)

He's a rotation guy though that Ville counts on to be a 3 pt threat. He definitely played over his head in the FF, but the guy can play a little. Spike was a much bigger surprise.

In terms of the contact, not going to argue, I'd prefer less. Ironic though that KU plays a similar brand of defense as this game displayed and I'm guessing you're ok with that.

niblet 04-08-2013 09:57 PM

Kinda funny that the overall #1 ended up winning what looked like a wide open tournament.

KC_Connection 04-08-2013 09:58 PM

Dieng was probably the most important player on the court today for Louisville. Impacted nearly everything. Although I certainly don't expect them to give him MOP.

KevB 04-08-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9570165)
Really...the non-kick....really

Amazing that wasn't called.

Ceej 04-08-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9570173)
Dieng was probably the most important player on the court today for Louisville. Impacted nearly everything. Although I certainly don't expect them to give him MOP.

Which is crazy.

He was basically irrelevant in the WSU game.

KevB 04-08-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9570173)

He and Behanan were great, especially in that second half. Dieng is big on both ends with his length. Behanan's toughness really made a difference in the 2nd half.

lcarus 04-08-2013 09:59 PM

Are people really saying Michigan got the short stick of the officiating? I saw it completely the other way. I saw some bad calls on both ends but in the long run I felt the refs were keeping Michigan in it.

KC_Connection 04-08-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9570171)
He's a rotation guy though that Ville counts on to be a 3 pt threat. He definitely played over his head in the FF, but the guy can play a little. Spike was a much bigger surprise.

So, in other words, he's a scrub. Spike is just a bigger one.

Quote:

In terms of the contact, not going to argue, I'd prefer less. Ironic though that KU plays a similar brand of defense as this game displayed and I'm guessing you're ok with that.
Except KU plays a defense nothing like this. There is little pressure involved and they don't create turnovers at all. It's all about forcing teams into bad shots through Withey's presence. Whereas Louisville creates the 2nd most turnovers in the nation (behind VCU) with their full court, on the ball defense and it's not difficult to see why.