ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox Fall 2013: Sleepy Hollow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273051)

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2013 12:02 PM

The ratings dropped 11%. It'll be interesting to see the numbers next Monday.

Raiderhater 09-24-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10015000)
It's a great premise but the producers have chosen a dopey supernatural, heavy handed approach. Had they gone with a lighter tone and more of a historical procedural, it may have had a chance. As it stands, I can't see this making it past October.

Also, every music cue felt like either Alcatraz or Fringe leftovers. Overall it's just blah.

Agreed completely. I could see it maybe going through October as Halloween approaches and people start wanting to watch more stuff along that theme. But I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even make that. The story line and writing is that bad, IMO.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2013 12:04 AM

LMAO

I just subjected myself to the first seven minutes.

Good grief.

It it lasts until next week, it would be a miracle.

I'm not sure I've seen a worse first few weeks, ever. At least in a decade or more.

mr. tegu 10-01-2013 07:06 AM

I don't even know if it ever came on here on SureWest. The were having some technical difficulties and at around 8:20 is still wasn't on so we just went to something else. The HD channel was just black and the regular channel just had the Fox logo in the middle of the screen and nothing else.

That being said I wasn't even that excited to watch it anyways given the direction it has gone. I thought this show really had potential which is why it is one of the rare shows I wanted to start off with from the beginning.

kcxiv 10-02-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10015387)
The ratings dropped 11%. It'll be interesting to see the numbers next Monday.

Barely dropped and still number one in their time slot with a 3.0. Don't think this show is going anywhere.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10039924)
Barely dropped and still number one in their time slot with a 3.0. Don't think this show is going anywhere.

It's going off my record list.

mr. tegu 10-02-2013 07:24 AM

I just caught the third episode. It was so silly that the Native American had all these things for the sleeping ritual just all ready to go.

And no, a 14 year old girl or whatever age they were, would not be sent to an insane asylum for saying she saw a demon/monster in the woods.

lcarus 10-02-2013 07:53 AM

They can show the promo for this stupid show a thousand more times during football and I still won't wanna watch it. Give it up already Fox

PhillyChiefFan 10-02-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10040101)
I just caught the third episode. It was so silly that the Native American had all these things for the sleeping ritual just all ready to go.

And no, a 14 year old girl or whatever age they were, would not be sent to an insane asylum for saying she saw a demon/monster in the woods.

ROFL

Uh yea. My wife and I were laughing about that too.

"I saw a monster in the woods."

"Ok, off to the nut house then. Enjoy!"

Frosty 10-02-2013 09:00 AM

I thought she said that the sister was moved to a different foster home because of the monster story and ended up in the nut house only after she stole the survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming? :shrug:

mr. tegu 10-02-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040341)
I thought she said that the sister was moved to a different foster home because of the monster story and ended up in the nut house only after she stole the survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming? :shrug:

I don't know if that is the case. I just went back and watched a little bit. When Crane talks to her about seeing the demon she said, "you get locked up for saying things like you saw a demon which is why I am in here and she is out there." Also, when they are doing their investigation, she is speaking to the psychologists on the video so at that point she was already getting mental help. I don't recall the survivalist stuff.

keg in kc 10-02-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040341)
I thought she said that the sister was moved to a different foster home because of the monster story and ended up in the nut house only after she stole the survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming?

That's what I understood as well.

Frosty 10-02-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10040433)
I don't know if that is the case. I just went back and watched a little bit. When Crane talks to her about seeing the demon she said, "you get locked up for saying things like you saw a demon which is why I am in here and she is out there." Also, when they are doing their investigation, she is speaking to the psychologists on the video so at that point she was already getting mental help. I don't recall the survivalist stuff.

When they went to visit the sister, Crane asks if they lock up all of their criminals in asylums. Abbie tells him that the sister went there after she broke into a sporting goods store and stole $4000 work of survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming.

Regardless, it is poorly explained and the scene with the cops dragging the sister out of the interrogation room was over the top and unrealistic, or course.

Frosty 10-02-2013 09:58 AM

I'm still watching for now anyway.

Guilty pleasure.

mr. tegu 10-02-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10040483)
When they went to visit the sister, Crane asks if they lock up all of their criminals in asylums. Abbie tells him that the sister went there after she broke into a sporting goods store and stole $4000 work of survivalist gear because the end of the world was coming.

Regardless, it is poorly explained and the scene with the cops dragging the sister out of the interrogation room was over the top and unrealistic, or course.

Interesting. It seems though one could take that she was locked up in the asylum this time as an adult because of that stealing event which would have been after her initial lockup when she was young because they did say she was in and out of them all the time. Unless we are supposed to think that the stealing was what prompted her initial lockup in the first place.

It was definitely poor explained, especially confusing was the forceful dragging her out of the interrogation room which kind of implies they are taking her to a sanitarium.