ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9757322)
Green had shown more ability as a passer to that point.

His one good season at Washington he threw for 3400.

Whoopty ****ing doo.

Coogs 06-17-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757267)
I dont disagree with that balance, my argument was where are we getting a Matt Schaub-like QB from? Who is throwing for 4000 yards? Alex Smith?

What makes anyone think Alex Smith is capable of a 4000 yard season? Because he has Bowe now? That's literally ALL he has on this team in the passing game now until a bunch of borderline ***** bust draft picks decide to wake up and produce.

Small sample size, but Orton was throwing for nearly 300 a game... without the benifit of Charles for a RB. I think we have been so conditioned to suckage from Cassel that we think every QB we bring in is going to post small numbers.

And just for the sake of the discussion, Schaub threw for 3800 last season, with one huge game that went 3 socores into overtime aginst the Jags. The rest of his games we comparable to Smith's. So yes, I think Smith can duplicate Schaub yardage wise. I think he can out do Schaub TD/Int wise.JMO

Hammock Parties 06-17-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757330)

Whoopty ****ing doo.

He also had a very productive half season in St. Louis.

And even that season in Washington was greater than anything Alex Smith has done.

That's how lousy Alex Smith is.

keg in kc 06-17-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757330)

Whoopty ****ing doo.

He threw for just under 2000 yards and 15 TD in a 6 game stretch the year before the Chiefs traded for him.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9757337)
He also had a very productive half season in St. Louis.

And even that season in Washington was greater than anything Alex Smith has done.

That's how lousy Alex Smith is.

So, in other words, you haven't got the slightest ****ing idea what you are talking about. Smith threw for 3100 2 seasons ago. Looks similar to when Green came to KC.

Sandy Vagina 06-17-2013 03:45 PM

:doh!: The fantasy football world has contaminated minds.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9757340)
He threw for just under 2000 yards and 15 TD in a 6 game stretch the year before the Chiefs traded for him.

Come on, man.

NONE of us thought Green was going to be worth a shit after 01. TrINT?

Tribal Warfare 06-17-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757352)
Come on, man.

I knew Trent was good, and still believe he would've lead the Rams to SB victory in '99 if he wasn't injured by Harrison during that preseason.

Coogs 06-17-2013 03:52 PM

I expect for Smith to come in a get things done. He is a starting QB who was playing good football.

Cassel was a backup QB with minimal experience. So were many of the others we have brought in the past 30-40 years.

Smith is different. My expectations for him are to elevate this team to good things right from the get go.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9757371)
I expect for Smith to come in a get things done. He is a starting QB who was playing good football.

Cassel was a backup QB with minimal experience. So were many of the others we have brought in the past 30-40 years.

Smith is different. My expectations for him are to elevate this team to good things right from the get go.

You crazy homer. How dare you be optimistic about your favorite team.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9757360)
I knew Trent was good, and still believe he would've lead the Rams to SB victory in '99 if he wasn't injured by Harrison during that preseason.

Really? Show me your posts where you said he'd throw for 4000 in 3 consecutive seasons. :)

BigBeauford 06-17-2013 04:08 PM

I guess if we all just drank the Alex Smith kool-aid and had no debate, there wouldn't be much point to a message board, and we could just rename this place arrowhead addict. Please, just because we don't support Alex Smith, doesn't mean I gotta give up following this team. I paid 300 bucks for sunday ticket on my PS3, I painted my address with a stupid chief logo in the driveway in El Paso, next to only Cowboy fans. I talk up this team, even though we suck ass. In mg mind, the haters will always be better fans than true fans.

keg in kc 06-17-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757352)
Come on, man.

You're using that as evidence that we should listen to you about Alex Smith? You weren't savvy enough to recognize what Green could do, and so that makes you an authority of some kind in judging QBs? Interesting logic.

Some of us actually noted at the time that Green's receiver corps was dominated by names like Snoop Minnis and Larry Parker and Chris Thomas, and noted the difference that Kennison made after his mid-season arrival. And it certainly appeared to certain of us that Al Saunders had figured out his offense in general, and Priest Holmes in particular, over the course of the 2001 season, which might have, at the time, been taken as evidence that things could improve for Green in year 2.

Which they did.

Not all of us called him TrINT, in other words.

Unfortunately, I see no parallel in the discussion about Alex Smith.

Sandy Vagina 06-17-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9757415)
In mg mind, the haters will always be better fans than true fans.

If by better, you mean better chickenshit cowards? Then yes.

You said it yourself.. better to be negative and either be unexpectedly surprised or at least consoled by your brilliant, gloom-n-doom predictions coming true. You really keep your bases covered by this approach. Unfortunately, it's an approach that KC coaches and players would slap your pussy self for. :shrug:

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9757415)
I guess if we all just drank the Alex Smith kool-aid and had no debate, there wouldn't be much point to a message board, and we could just rename this place arrowhead addict. Please, just because we don't support Alex Smith, doesn't mean I gotta give up following this team. I paid 300 bucks for sunday ticket on my PS3, I painted my address with a stupid chief logo in the driveway in El Paso, next to only Cowboy fans. I talk up this team, even though we suck ass. In mg mind, the haters will always be better fans than true fans.

True Fans exhibit the same behavior. :)