ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals (New) 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275329)

CaliforniaChief 08-16-2013 10:57 PM

Winning one of the next two keeps us in it.

Winning both makes the division as winnable as the Wild Card.

BWillie 08-16-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9889830)
I've never seen another professional team give players off so much time for bereavement.

Team? Pretty sure its MLB rules

Al Bundy 08-17-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9889830)
I've never seen another professional team give players off so much time for bereavement.

KK was giving Perez the business about his leave helping his grandma move here. I recently moved my mom to KC and it took me a week to help her do that. I couldn't imagine if she lived outside the country.

BlackHelicopters 08-17-2013 01:30 AM

Two more wins and the Central can be had. Can we do it?

Mama Hip Rockets 08-17-2013 08:55 AM

So, has Duffy taken Davis' job yet? A rotation of Shields/Santana/Guthrie/Chen/Duffy is sounding pretty awesome right now.

Mama Hip Rockets 08-17-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9893262)
Winning one of the next two keeps us in it.

Winning both makes the division as winnable as the Wild Card.

But...I thought the season was over when they gave up a run the other day?

CaliforniaChief 08-17-2013 08:59 AM

Nope. Duffy's going back to Omaha before today's game starts, to put us back at 25 active players.

He'll come back in September, unless there's an injury in our rotation before then.

I suppose if, God forbid, Wade Davis gets bombed tonight, there would be a chance of a swap. But GMDM and Ned seem to be pretty stuck on Wade. And while I'd prefer Duffy to Davis, I ultimately prefer that Davis turns it up and keeps winning.

58-4ever 08-17-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 9893627)
So, has Duffy taken Davis' job yet? A rotation of Shields/Santana/Guthrie/Chen/Duffy is sounding pretty awesome right now.

Sounds like a winner, you guys.

Chris Meck 08-17-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9893634)
Nope. Duffy's going back to Omaha before today's game starts, to put us back at 25 active players.

He'll come back in September, unless there's an injury in our rotation before then.

I suppose if, God forbid, Wade Davis gets bombed tonight, there would be a chance of a swap. But GMDM and Ned seem to be pretty stuck on Wade. And while I'd prefer Duffy to Davis, I ultimately prefer that Davis turns it up and keeps winning.

Dis.
If Davis can turn it up and be what we had hoped he would, then your rotation next year looks still good with Duffy in there and probably not Santana.

CaliforniaChief 08-17-2013 09:50 AM

Yeah, we're talking about this year. I don't think there's any doubt that Duffy's in the rotation next year.

I would imagine that next year, our rotation will look like this:

1. Shields
2. Guthrie
3. Duffy
4. Davis
5. Ventura/FA option

WilliamTheIrish 08-17-2013 09:56 AM

We always look back on our experiences and this season reminds me so much of the summers of 75 and 76. Those were stressful summer evenings. And I'm glad we a having more stressful summer evenings.

A young team, fighting against a veteran laden three time world champion. A GM who was too conservative to make a bold pick up before the trading deadline or through the waiver wire.

Today, a young team that needs a power bat or a bold move at 2b. They go out and sign a player, and recall another who are just like the one they released.

I'll never forget Whitey demanding Joe Burke find him a RH power bat (Whitey knew Larry Hisle wanted to play in KC)and instead Joe Burke traded for a utility infielder from the Twins, Jerry Terrell. Hisle had his best years in Milwaukee as part of Harvey's Wallbangers. But Whitey had balls. And he had leverage because the we knew he was good at his job.

Ned has neither. Ned's a shitty manager who happens to the son of a shitty big leaguer, who got his kid into the game.

Ned is Dayton Moore's Goonther.

tredadda 08-17-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9893634)

Pretty sure us giving up Myers for Shields and him has a lot to do with that. Have to play him as much as possible to try and break even on that trade.

Mama Hip Rockets 08-17-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893755)
Pretty sure us giving up Myers for Shields and him has a lot to do with that. Have to play him as much as possible to try and break even on that trade.

It seems like the middle of a pennant chase would be a good time to swallow their pride and realize winning games is more important than breaking even on a trade. Common sense tells me that a guy who shuts out the Tigers on 1 hit for 6 innings gives you a better chance of winning than a guy with a 5+ ERA.

tk13 08-17-2013 12:01 PM

We'll see what Wade does today. It's been kind of lost in all the injury news that Davis has been a lot better in his last 3 starts. 2-0, 1.96 ERA, 5 BB/12 K. Different beast today facing the Tigers lineup.

alnorth 08-17-2013 12:03 PM

Breaking News: Miguel Tejada is going to be suspended by MLB for 105 games. He tested positive twice for amphetamines. 3rd-longest suspension in MLB history.

edit: This is actually his 3rd failed test. He previously tested positive before. He failed two more tests this season, 25 games for the 2nd, 80 games for the 3rd.