ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276494)

WilliamTheIrish 09-21-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10004777)
Almost everyone was excited about bringing Gunther back.
Jim (Logical) and I were were just about the only dissenting voices.

I miss Jim.
Wish he were here for this.

I hated that hire. As a matter of fact, when Carl hired him as HC I gave up my season tix.

Rausch 09-21-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10004777)
Almost everyone was excited about bringing Gunther back.
Jim (Logical) and I were were just about the only dissenting voices.

I miss Jim.
Wish he were here for this.

If I'm alive when KC finally wins one I'll think of 3 people:

1) DT (even if retired he deserved to see the moment.)
2) Jim
3) Keith Cash. I'd love to have my most happy (football) moment tied to the greatest of all Chiefs football moments.

SAUTO 09-21-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10004758)
I'm not sure what you mean here...

He was banned over his font size
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus 09-21-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10004818)
If I'm alive when KC finally wins one I'll think of 3 people:

1) DT (even if retired he deserved to see the moment.)
2) Jim
3) Keith Cash. I'd love to have my most happy (football) moment tied to the greatest of all Chiefs football moments.

I assume you mean this? And yeah, it was awesome lol. I will never forget that. And I was like 10 years old.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o5zNNkAtrz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gblowfish 09-21-2013 03:08 PM

I just re-watched the Philly game, and had some additional thoughts. If we're looking to improve against the G-Men, here's some areas that need work.

I watched Eric Fisher primarily on all our offensive plays. He is very bad on footwork for pass blocking. I mean bad. He got beat at least a half dozen times where it wasn't even close. Several times after getting beat, on the next pass play, the guard had to slide over and help double team his man, or the tight end had to stay in and chip his man. He got beat inside on swim moves, he missed picking up blitzers on the corner. Remember the receiver screen to Bowe that almost got intercepted? It was Fisher's guy who went untouched to the flat and almost picked off the ball. Also, he does not sustain his blocks long enough. If you go back and watch Charles' stretch plays, he can't get the corner when running right on Fisher's side, because Fisher doesn't hold his block. Most of Charles' yards were made running left, behind Albert, who seals the edge. Fisher seems to drive block straight ahead well, but really needs big time help in pass blocking and holding the edge. He's getting owned out there. Needs to get better or the Giants will eat his lunch.

Kendrick Lewis is TERRIBLE in run support. On Michael Vick's first run, Vick takes the ball on the 16 yard line, Lewis is standing on the 24 yard line. He sees Vick coming all the way, and yet doesn't lay an hand on him until Vick is at midfield. Same thing on McCoy's TD run. It's a 41 yard run. Lewis is standing in the middle of the field, back about 15 yards. It's an obvious running play, right up the middle. Lewis doesn't lay a hand on McCoy until he's crossing the end zone corner. Berry, on the other hand, is tremendous at run support, and stuffed several runs for short yardage. Lewis, not so much. And he also has a hard time bringing people down one on one. He almost always needs help making a tackle.

On Vick's TD Pass: They ran a pick play, where three receivers converge. Abdullah got picked by one guy crossing, and it gave his man an opening where he got a couple steps, and Abdullah couldn't close. The pass was perfect. And Derrick Johnson was just a millisecond too late to stop Vick from unloading. He totally buried Vick, just de-cleated him. So you have to give Vick credit for standing in there and taking the blitz. But he's not going to make it through the season if he keeps taking hits like that.

Nobody said anything about Andy Reid's clock management at the end of the first half. The yard line marker guys juked him. Reid thought he had a first down, but it was actually fourth and a yard. In the confusion, KC got a delay of game penalty, which made it fourth and six. Smith had to do his best Daffy Duck impersonation -thanks to Fisher's guy almost sacking him not once, but twice- and threw up a Hail Mary which was knocked down by Philly. With better management, we may have been able to try a field goal at the end of the half, but couldn't get it together. Philly fans held clock management fails against Reid as one of his shortcomings as a coach. First time I've seen it, but we'll have to watch for that in games to come.

Oh...

And I did snap a cool screen shot of Charles. I like it!
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wptk79.jpg

Saccopoo 09-21-2013 03:22 PM

Spot on with the addendums.

Right now, our two tackles stink. So do Allen and Asamoah.

It was immediately apparent that blocking quality went up when Schwartz came into the game at LG, even though he's primarily been a RT/RG to this point in his career.

I'm sure Albert would bitch to the heavens, but right now, this should be the Chiefs offensive line:

LT: Fisher
LG: Albert
C: Hudson
RG: Schwartz
RT: Stevenson

Fisher is having a hard time adjusting to the right side of the line and it's apparent in his footwork and timing. I'd like to see if it's actually a left/right thing as former offensive linemen have stated (remember Bruce Matthews talking about how difficult the switch was going from left to right).

Albert's technique has always been mediocre at best and he's getting worked and penalized in order to compensate for it at this point. He needs to be in at guard. His experience and athleticism at LG would greatly benefit Fisher at LT as well, whereas Fisher and Asamoah on the right side isn't looking too hot.

Allen has put too much weight on from his rookie to second year and it shows. He's carrying a lot of fat whereas he was relatively lean at the beginning of last season. He's slow out of the blocks and has a hard time engaging.

Asamoah simply misses far too many blocks. He completely whiffs on picking guys up, especially on pulling plays. He's a liability at this point versus Schwartz, who has really manhandled dudes so far this season.

Hudson has been solid through three games, IMO.

I don't know if it's continuity or what, but the offensive line has been the weak point of the team so far and it's not even close.

Deberg_1990 09-21-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10005136)
I assume you mean this? And yeah, it was awesome lol. I will never forget that. And I was like 10 years old.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o5zNNkAtrz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heh, I wonder if that Cash spike would draw a penalty in today's NFL?

Buehler445 09-21-2013 04:00 PM

If Fisher has no feet or power on the right, why the **** would we move the ONE GUY that's not a sieve?

Sandy Vagina 09-21-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10001575)
Ten Things About Last Nights Game

I'll get to some of that in a minute. People…..HELLO, THIS TEAM IS 3-0. They've already won more games than all of last year. They have not lost a road game. I swear to God, there's a pocket of Chiefs fans that will never be happy no matter what. They're the kind of people who would win power ball, and bitch that the winning ticket gave them a paper cut.

My final piece of advice is, enjoy the ride. Stop worrying about Alex Smith and line blocking and third down efficiency and such, and think about this: Six out of the last seven times the Chiefs started 3-0, they made the playoffs. I like our chances.

Best poster on this entire forum... seriously. These are great. Thank you again.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9114/toastsmiley.gif GO CHIEFS !!!

ThaVirus 09-21-2013 04:38 PM

Given what we've seen on the field, moving Fisher to LT would be literally the worst idea ever. I can't believe someone would actually think that would be a good idea.

damaticous 09-21-2013 05:17 PM

Love the "Ten Things"!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOng time member and lurker, but I look forward to this each and every day after a chiefs game.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!1

Please continue!!! Love em, love your opinions, observations, and continuance of the "Ten Things".

Pasta Little Brioni 09-21-2013 05:43 PM

I said all offseason and why I picked the team to win 10-11 games was that turnover differential is the easiest way to turn around a struggling team...especially one with this much talent. The top like 8 teams in the NFC all had winning records last year.

BigMeatballDave 09-21-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10005319)
Given what we've seen on the field, moving Fisher to LT would be literally the worst idea ever. I can't believe someone would actually think that would be a good idea.

It is his natural position.

No reason to move him while Albert is still here.

ThaVirus 09-21-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10005716)
It is his natural position.

No reason to move him while Albert is still here.

I'm aware of that.

It would still be the worst idea ever at this point in time.

splatbass 09-21-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10005751)
I'm aware of that.

It would still be the worst idea ever at this point in time.

I agree. I don't want the weakest link in the OL protecting the QB's blindside.