ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Books COMIC BOOK PEOPLE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277123)

Aries Walker 07-31-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10777567)
They made "Robin" Nightwing in the mid 80s.. Marvel just sort of did the same thing and made more noise with it with Bucky in the mainstream/movie industry LMAO

Pretty much Marvel and DC in a microcosm.

That is to say, Marvel did it better. I can live with that.

Jamie 07-31-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10777567)
They made "Robin" Nightwing in the mid 80s.. Marvel just sort of did the same thing and made more noise with it with Bucky in the mainstream/movie industry LMAO

Marvel also extensively retconned Bucky's history to make him more interesting, and made him look cool. DC put Robin in a shitty disco suit. In 1984.

http://i.imgur.com/y6kP3JC.jpg

lcarus 07-31-2014 12:01 PM

Has anyone checked out the new 52 Nightwing comics? I've heard they were pretty cool.

Ragged Robin 08-01-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10777960)
Has anyone checked out the new 52 Nightwing comics? I've heard they were pretty cool.

They were really bad under Kyle Higgins.. he drove that character to the ground and now that title is cancelled because Nightwing is "dead" :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10777739)

Basically, yeah ROFL

DaveNull 10-25-2014 07:59 AM

Anyone else headed to the Free State Comicon today?

Rausch 10-25-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10777739)

Marvel and DC have been stealing ideas, writers, and artists from each other for decades.

Rausch 10-25-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 10774033)
I'm going to have to seek out that Hulk vs. Wolverine series.

The ultimate Hulk v Wolverine is excellent.

Psyko Tek 10-25-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10774329)
Haven't been keeping up on anything ongoing because I'm kind of a DC guy and New 52 has been utter ****ing shit from the get go but anyone else find it hilarious that all the hipsters are raving about Cameron Stewart's new Batgirl design when... it's basically the exact same as Quitely/Daniels's Damian Wayne outfit that's existed for like 3/almost-four-ish years?

http://i.imgur.com/cCb8kvK.png

Damian's dead, she gets his hand me downs and a boob reduction

Valiant 10-26-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 11052942)
Damian's dead, she gets his hand me downs and a boob reduction

He is not dead anymore.

As for her, it is because of all the feminism in comics going on and desexing the costumes.

Which I find funny, because almost every male costume is just as revealing.

Aries Walker 10-26-2014 02:43 PM

Now, perhaps. Over time? Not a chance.

salame 10-27-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11049558)
Anyone else headed to the Free State Comicon today?

I went out there.
Did you get anything good?

DaveNull 10-27-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11059816)
I went out there.
Did you get anything good?

Meh...I found three of five issues of Red Skull Incarnate, vol 3 of the Frank Miller Daredevil run ($5) and a couple other random self contained trades for $3 a piece. I go with a friend who is a lot more into collection of single issues so I'm not as intent on digging as he typically is.

I suppose the real highlight was meeting Kyle Strahm who is drawing Spread for Image right now. Picked up a first printing #1 that he signed and a black and white print of the first issue cover. Super nice dude. He lives somewhere in midtown.

I needed a break from every day life so it was a successful day.

salame 11-01-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11060115)
Meh...I found three of five issues of Red Skull Incarnate, vol 3 of the Frank Miller Daredevil run ($5) and a couple other random self contained trades for $3 a piece. I go with a friend who is a lot more into collection of single issues so I'm not as intent on digging as he typically is.

I suppose the real highlight was meeting Kyle Strahm who is drawing Spread for Image right now. Picked up a first printing #1 that he signed and a black and white print of the first issue cover. Super nice dude. He lives somewhere in midtown.

I needed a break from every day life so it was a successful day.

Yeah Strahm was cool I had him sign my Spread 1-3 and bought the 4th issue from him. I didn't think this years was as good as last year. I spent about $50 on stuff I could have just got at any other shop in the city. At those shops I wouldn't have had to pay $5 to in though :/

Planet Comicon should be sick this year though. I heard that they made a SHIT TON of money last year and plan to do it really big this year. The guest list is supposed to be the best one yet. We'll see.

DaveNull 11-02-2014 08:04 PM

Planet is pricey at the door for someone that doesn't care about meeting c-list celebrities though. I like Free State because I go in with some coin to drop on comics instead of admission.

salame 11-06-2014 12:13 PM

I like Planet because I can get my books signed by the artists and writers I like. I have never stood in line for any celebrity there.