ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Cops & Homeless Man (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282546)

Strongside 03-26-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10517640)
Did the man break the law? Yes
Did he comply with officers orders? No
Did he cause a 3 hour standoff? Yes
Did he verbally threaten officers? Yes
Did he brandish weapons? Yes
Did he drop his knives before being shot when ordered to by officers? No
Did he get exactly what he wanted? Yes

This is suicide by cop plain and simple. This man wanted to be shot by police and he made sure that is exactly what happened. All of this anger over a crazy man who obviously had issues with authority getting exactly what he wanted?

I have also enjoyed reading the posts from all of the macho men on here who claim they wouldn't shoot somebody who pulls a knife on them. Or who claim they are such expert marksmen that they would shoot the guy in the leg in such a high stress situation. Quite a few Rambo mother****ers on this site.

Just because a guy wants the police to shoot him doesn't mean that they should. Taser the guy, subdue him, and get him some ****ing help.

The lack of respect for human life in this world sickens me. We are so quick to judge and discard, but no one wants to help their fellow man.

The dude had a knife. So ****ing what? I've seen ONE OFFICER subdue a guy that had pulled a knife on him outside a bar while I was college. This was several armed men with assault rifles and body armor. If you mean to tell me that they couldn't have used non-lethal tactics then you're daft.

lcarus 03-26-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

This is suicide by cop plain and simple. This man wanted to be shot by police and he made sure that is exactly what happened. All of this anger over a crazy man who obviously had issues with authority getting exactly what he wanted?

I have also enjoyed reading the posts from all of the macho men on here who claim they wouldn't shoot somebody who pulls a knife on them. Or who claim they are such expert marksmen that they would shoot the guy in the leg in such a high stress situation. Quite a few Rambo mother****ers on this site.

I agree with a lot of this, but it just doesn't seem right that deadly force is necessary when you outnumber a man 5 to 1 or whatever. Plus you have an attack dog. All he had was that little 2 inch blade?

Ragged Robin 03-26-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10517670)
I agree with a lot of this, but it just doesn't seem right that deadly force is necessary when you outnumber a man 5 to 1 or whatever. Plus you have an attack dog. All he had was that little 2 inch blade?

The fact that he had a knife when he was gunned down is a null point. He only drew it after they set off the grenade despite him already agreeing to come down. Not to mention he's running in the other direction as they gun him down..

Steron 03-26-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Don't forget they all bench 225 pounds 35 times, run a 4.4 40, and have 15" dicks. CP is an amazing place.

The Franchise 03-26-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10517620)
I love how the guy was complying and picking up his shit and leaving when the flash bomb the guy and send their hyper active attack dog on him.....and then they shoot him when he freaks out.

These cops PURPOSELY escalated the situation to the point where they had the slightest window of opportunity to open fire (i dont find it justifiable but the APD does, they have a long history of using excessive force on their citizens, including tazering and pepper spraying women in the you know what).

You can tell these cops are former military.
Which is why they acted like they did...they're secretly begging to kill someone. And they knew the guy was homeless and knew they had a much better opportunity to get away with it.

Go **** yourself, dipshit.

The Franchise 03-26-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10517677)
The fact that he had a knife when he was gunned down is a null point. He only drew it after they set off the grenade despite him already agreeing to come down. Not to mention he's running in the other direction as they gun him down..

Funny....he wasn't running. He turned. Everyone who said he was running needs to get their eyes checked.

Fishpicker 03-26-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10517782)
Funny....he wasn't running. He turned. Everyone who said he was running needs to get their eyes checked.

true. it only looks like he was running away, he was actually being propelled by bullets.

ThaVirus 03-26-2014 09:58 AM

Yeah, he only slightly turned to conceal his true intentions.

HE WAS ABOUT TO THROW THE KNIVES.

ThaVirus 03-26-2014 09:58 AM

WITH ASTOUNDING ACCURACY.

Strongside 03-26-2014 10:07 AM

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...knifethrow.gif

verbaljitsu 03-26-2014 10:10 AM

Reading some of the comments on this site generally makes me question humanity, but specifically in this thread it worries me that some of you may ever find your way onto a jury. It is no wonder that it is nearly impossible to hold police accountable in this country.

To the police defenders - What in your mind justifies the officers firing automatic weapons at this man, rather than using the force escalation continuum that their training calls for? There were obviously less-lethal options available...since you know, they used them on the guy after they killed him. Presumably there were tazers as well as the bean bag shotgun.

What justifies the officer shouting "Booyah!" after he unloads several rounds into this man's back? Is that not indicative of the officer's intent to do harm?

Why do you believe that the penalty for "having a knife in the desert and not immediately doing what the police tell you to" should be the death penalty, when if the man was arrested, he was likely to only be charged with a misdemeanor or a low-level felony?

When specifically should the officers have been in "reasonable fear of imminent bodily harm?"

Over the last ten years, more people have been killed by police officers in this country than all American soldiers who died in Iraq. We are militarizing our police at astounding rates. We send SWAT teams to solve every problem (and justify their existence and budget) and we get SWAT solutions. Every tool in the toolbox is a hammer now, and guess what cop defenders...you and everyone you love are the nails.

Pablo 03-26-2014 10:11 AM

They feared for their lives. Obviously shooting the guy in the back was the only resort they had. The "Boo-yah" at the end is just short-speak for "I'm certainly glad I'm alive and no longer feel like I am in imminent danger".

The Franchise 03-26-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbaljitsu (Post 10517851)
Reading some of the comments on this site generally makes me question humanity, but specifically in this thread it worries me that some of you may ever find your way onto a jury. It is no wonder that it is nearly impossible to hold police accountable in this country.

To the police defenders - What in your mind justifies the officers firing automatic weapons at this man, rather than using the force escalation continuum that their training calls for? There were obviously less-lethal options available...since you know, they used them on the guy after they killed him. Presumably there were tazers as well as the bean bag shotgun.

What justifies the officer shouting "Booyah!" after he unloads several rounds into this man's back? Is that not indicative of the officer's intent to do harm?

Why do you believe that the penalty for "having a knife in the desert and not immediately doing what the police tell you to" should be the death penalty, when if the man was arrested, he was likely to only be charged with a misdemeanor or a low-level felony?

When specifically should the officers have been in "reasonable fear of imminent bodily harm?"

Over the last ten years, more people have been killed by police officers in this country than all American soldiers who died in Iraq. We are militarizing our police at astounding rates. We send SWAT teams to solve every problem (and justify their existence and budget) and we get SWAT solutions. Every tool in the toolbox is a hammer now, and guess what cop defenders...you and everyone you love are the nails.

No one answered my question from before...

Say the cops tazed him....he fell down to the ground...hit his head and died. Then what?

Fishpicker 03-26-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10517807)
Yeah, he only slightly turned to conceal his true intentions.

HE WAS ABOUT TO THROW THE KNIVES.

thrown knives aren't a joke. even if a knife is weighted awkwardly and is not a knife made for throwing, it can still be thrown effectively. I can throw a large bowie knife (obviously not made for throwing) and get it to stick in a tree 7/10 times. all you have to do is throw it with no spin. go to youtube and look up no spin knife throwing tutorial. you can watch people throw pocket knives, kitchen knives, hunting knives, tac knives, even swords.

The Franchise 03-26-2014 10:14 AM

And I'm not defending the cops either.