ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283091)

Sure-Oz 04-22-2014 07:16 AM

@GabeDeArmond: Missourian story lists Painter, Anderson, Marshall as candidates, not finalists necessarily I guess. Sorry for any confusion, I'm with you

duncan_idaho 04-22-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10577706)
I'm still not buying the Kim Anderson talk, but I also don't think he'd be as bad as some of the perpetual haters think. A lot would depend on what kind of recruiters he has on his staff.

Hiring recruiters is all about existing relationships.

I can see a scenario where Anderson would be able to hire guys that would do well in Kansas City and St. Louis (Peeler and Corey Tate).

But they'd still have the Norm bias in St. Louis to overcome (Anderson is so closely linked to him, especially in coaching circles). Not sure if Tate makes that up with the St. Louis Eagles or not.

And what about nationally? It's unlikely Missouri can entirely support a high D1 program (top 30-40) with entirely Missouri players. What national guys/high level recruiters would Kim Anderson be connected to and able to bring in?

duncan_idaho 04-22-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10577731)
Painter's stock fallen? I haven't heard much from Purdue since he got an extension

He made the tournament with a middling 21-12 team two years ago. Finished 16-18 this year with a loss in the CBI.

Basically, he recruited one great recruiting class (Robbie Hummel, E'twaun Moore, Juwuan Johnson) and rode that for several years. But has been pretty mediocre outside that group.

He's on the hot seat at Purdue and maybe 1-2 years away from getting fired if he doesn't turn it back around.

Hiring him would be throwing a lifeline.

GloryDayz 04-22-2014 08:14 AM

I wonder if anybody bothered to ask the top 50-75 high school recruits if any of the names on the list would make them want to come play for MIZZOU. I'm sure they're not allowed to talk to them, but I'd be interested to know what they think because in the end that's all that really matters, will the next clown get players that can make this program not suck.

KU has to deal with blue-chip recruits who they only get one year out of, MIZZOU dreams of such a problem.

It's a process...

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-22-2014 09:27 AM

Anderson would actually be worse than Haith, and Painter would be Haith reincarnate. Only Alden...

Stanley Nickels 04-22-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10577787)
He made the tournament with a middling 21-12 team two years ago. Finished 16-18 this year with a loss in the CBI.

Basically, he recruited one great recruiting class (Robbie Hummel, E'twaun Moore, Juwuan Johnson) and rode that for several years. But has been pretty mediocre outside that group.

He's on the hot seat at Purdue and maybe 1-2 years away from getting fired if he doesn't turn it back around.

Hiring him would be throwing a lifeline.

This could be a Mad Lib where you just replace the underlined parts with Frank Haith's coaching career at Miami and Mizzou, except the bold part should be replaced with "awful".

Pasta Little Brioni 04-22-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10577826)
I wonder if anybody bothered to ask the top 50-75 high school recruits if any of the names on the list would make them want to come play for MIZZOU. I'm sure they're not allowed to talk to them, but I'd be interested to know what they think because in the end that's all that really matters, will the next clown get players that can make this program not suck.

KU has to deal with blue-chip recruits who they only get one year out of, MIZZOU dreams of such a problem.

It's a process...

If it takes tanking football to pay those type of recruits.....**** that. In the end it will always be a secondary sport.

TribalElder 04-22-2014 06:18 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/22...-anderson.html

meh

WhawhaWhat 04-22-2014 08:06 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>UTEP coach Tim Floyd has emerged as a strong candidate at Missouri, a source told ESPN.</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/458785864148320257">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

patteeu 04-22-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10579274)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>UTEP coach Tim Floyd has emerged as a strong candidate at Missouri, a source told ESPN.</p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/458785864148320257">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What happened at USC after Floyd left? Wasn't there some kind of controversy?

DeezNutz 04-22-2014 08:08 PM

Started at the college level in '86 and has advanced past the second round of the tournament twice. In his entire ****ing career.

What a ****ing sack of shit.

kepp 04-22-2014 08:12 PM

Why is it so hard for Alden to identify and contact good coaches? Is he just gullible and they're calling and telling him what he wants to hear? Or is he just afraid to take a home run swing?

dirk digler 04-22-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10579279)
What happened at USC after Floyd left? Wasn't there some kind of controversy?

They vacated all the wins because of OJ Majo taking money that Floyd was part of.

Not very smart of Alden to bring in another coach that has a shitty past

Pepe Silvia 04-22-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10579291)
Why is it so hard for Alden to identify and contact good coaches? Is he just gullible and they're calling and telling him what he wants to hear? Or is he just afraid to take a home run swing?

He's a ****ing idiot, is he really interviewing Tim "Baggage Claim" Floyd?

Stanley Nickels 04-22-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10579291)

It could be that our boosters aren't in love with Alden, and he's playing with a short stack. Think about it: hires two up-and-comers in Pinkel and Snyder, then when Snyder's gone, he still has some good will with the boosters, using that to get another up-and-comer in Mike Anderson. By that time, there's already questions about his ability, and some boosters back off. He's forced to settle for a has-been, trying to sell the "Miami's not a basketball school" story. Fourth time around, big money people don't trust him, and many don't even want him there. Even if I had a shit ton of money, I wouldn't trust Alden to make things work with Marshall, so why spend that money?