ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry ‘a bit surprised’ on lack of extension progress (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300780)

staylor26 07-12-2016 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12313257)
**** letting Berry go.

Unless he and/or his agent are just being completely unreasonable, you have to get a deal done.

ThaVirus 07-12-2016 10:49 PM

Hah. Yawn. I like Parker but that was a weak highlight film, honestly.

I'd suspect a 2015 Josh Mauga highlight reel would be more entertaining.

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2016 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 12313251)
Who ever is responsible for our safteys deserves a raise

Hint: It's a black guy.

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12313270)
Hah. Yawn. I like Parker but that was a weak highlight film, honestly.

I'd suspect a 2015 Josh Mauga highlight reel would be more entertaining.

ThaVirus highlights would be more interesting that Mauga's.

Well, maybe.

BlackOp 07-12-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 12313247)
Some teams cant find one saftey, we have found 4-5 in recent memory if you add abdulla (spl?)

Dorsey has proven to be a ****ing wizard when it comes to finding Safeties, RBs and DL....

I dont think anyone wants Berry to go...I dont. I just dont think he is as good as the PR hype machine tells us...nor do I think the position is worth 11-12 million a year. He's worth 8 million based on his play...

TribalElder 07-13-2016 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12313278)
Dorsey has proven to be a ****ing wizard when it comes to finding Safeties, RBs and DL....

I dont think anyone wants Berry to go...I dont. I just dont think he is as good as the PR hype machine tells us...nor do I think the position is worth 11-12 million a year. He's worth 8 million based on his play...

Berry rally's the troops come game time

It gets hyped the **** up like Ray Lewis style

BlackOp 07-13-2016 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 12313307)
Berry rally's the troops come game time

It gets hyped the **** up like Ray Lewis style

Yeah..that's worth something for sure... but shouldn't make him the highest paid at his position when he's not the best at it. Hopefully Berry is honest enough to know he doesn't deserve to be the top payed SS in the NFL...Dorsey knows his playing value...and his emotive value to the locker room. Lets hope his agent doesn't **** it up...

ThaVirus 07-13-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12313311)
Yeah..that's worth something for sure... but shouldn't make him the highest paid at his position when he's not the best at it. Hopefully Berry is honest enough to know he doesn't deserve to be the top payed SS in the NFL...Dorsey knows his playing value...and his emotive value to the locker room. Lets hope his agent doesn't **** it up...

Out of curiosity, who is the best then?

Berry's like a mix of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. He's certainly the most versatile safety in the league. He's probably the best open field tackler and box safety. He's high on the list in athleticism, INT return ability, and TE coverage. There really is no weakness in his game.

Mr. Laz 07-13-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12313278)

Another reason to not overpay at those positions.

We can't go crazy and just think we can make do with anyone but making Berry the highest paid safety in NFL history is probably not a good idea.

Speaking of DL, i hope to hell that Britt 'nepotism' Reid doesn't **** it up.

SAUTO 07-13-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12313181)
I was saying this several months ago: that Ron Parker did a better job at his position than Berry did in 2015, thus paying Berry big money for that level of performance would be horrible value. We have plenty of leaders on offense and defense that Berry's departure would hurt but would definitely not cripple us. We have drafted most of our needs and have locked up most important positions going into the 2016 draft. We will also have comp picks. Dorsey it sitting very, very well.

but you're a ****ing idiot so who gives a **** what you've said or think

staylor26 07-13-2016 03:39 PM

Rand Getlin
19m19 minutes ago
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin
Absent a significant shift in the next two days, I’m told the #Chiefs and Eric Berry are unlikely to come to terms on a long-term deal.

Meatloaf 07-13-2016 03:51 PM

Interesting. It'd be foolish to break the bank for a safety.....even an All Pro safety. But, apparently Berry thinks he can get more elsewhere, so, play under the tag for a year, and then, go for it. I'd be good with that.

RunKC 07-13-2016 03:53 PM

Jason La Canfora

At this point would take some major movement for the Chiefs and Eric Berry to strike a long term deal by the deadline Fri

The Franchise 07-13-2016 03:55 PM

This is going to bite us in the ass.

Hammock Parties 07-13-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12313020)
Berry will get his extension that makes him the highest paid safety in the NFL for a second time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12314203)
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin
Absent a significant shift in the next two days, I’m told the #Chiefs and Eric Berry are unlikely to come to terms on a long-term deal.

lulz