ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith expresses his desire to return to Chiefs in 2018 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312982)

kcpasco 01-07-2018 12:19 AM

Alex lost to a bad qb at home while scoring 0 points after halftime and the pos is begging for his job back.

jd1020 01-07-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 13340597)
I edited much, and I think you are just here to argue rather than to discuss.

Only thing we disagree on is that you don’t see Alex being traded, and only see him being released since no gm will pick him up. I call bull shit. If you call bull shit too, then we agree on everything and you can stop arguing with a wall of text.

Where did I say I see Alex being released. Please find a quote. I will be here waiting.

I'm calling bullshit on your garbage of a team trading for him then franchising him to trade him. That will NEVER happen.

There are only 2 outcomes for the team that trades for Smith. 1) They trade for him and extend him to a modest stop gap deal for maybe 3 years, 2) They trade for him to mentor a QB they just drafted in the top 10 and let him walk after the season.

You simply ****ed up by saying the team will then flip him when he wont be under contract any more and then doubled down on your stupid by bringing up the franchise tag.

Discuss Thrower 01-07-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13340362)
Terez Paylor on their post game show is tearing up the narrative that the Chiefs needed to run it more. They couldn't he says, the boxes were stacked. He goes on to say that the key to this game was that Alex threw it around. He didn't in the 2nd half.

Terez gets it...

As much as I love Terez for being accessible to the common Joe Schmo fan, you're a fool of you think he's not parroting out the narrative 1 Arrowhead Drive wants him to parrot out.

TripleThreat 01-07-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13340611)
Where did I say I see Alex being released. Please find a quote. I will be here waiting.

I'm calling bullshit and your garbage of a team trading for him then franchising him to trade him. That will NEVER happen.

There are only 2 outcomes for the team that trades for Smith. 1) They trade for him and extend him to a modest stop gap deal for maybe 3 years, 2) They trade for him to mentor a QB they just drafted in the top 10 and let him walk after the season.

You simply ****ed up by saying the team will then flip him when he wont be under contract any more and then double downed on your stupid by bringing up the franchise tag.

Good amount of insults in there. You must be a blast at conversations..

You are right you never said you see Alex being relased. My original reply was to someone who said he would only be released. I responded, he responded, I responded, then you quoted me as saying I was wrong, therefore I assumed you agreed with his stances and not mine.

Again it’s a very real possibility a team trades for Alex on a 1 year prove it deal. IF by 8 games they don’t know wether they want to extend him, they let him play out the year. If he does well and brings his team to a playoff birth, they could very well likely franchise tag him, to either a keep him around to sign him to a new contract, or b trade him to a sucker who would bite on a success finding qb such as smith...

And no, the only person who double downed on their stupidity was you, who a few pages ago, assumed that Alex Smith would be a free agent no matter what, if not signed by the end of next season by whatever team trades for him, completely forgetting about the option of the franchise tag.

jd1020 01-07-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 13340646)
Good amount of insults in there. You must be a blast at conversations..

You are right you never said you see Alex being relased. My original reply was to someone who said he would only be released. I responded, he responded, I responded, then you quoted me as saying I was wrong, therefore I assumed you agreed with his stances and not mine.

Again it’s a very real possibility a team trades for Alex on a 1 year prove it deal. IF by 8 games they don’t know wether they want to extend him, they let him play out the year. If he does well and brings his team to a playoff birth, they could very well likely franchise tag him, to either a keep him around to sign him to a new contract, or b trade him to a sucker who would bite on a success finding qb such as smith...

And no, the only person who double downed on their stupidity was you, who a few pages ago, assumed that Alex Smith would be a free agent no matter what, if not signed by the end of next season by whatever team trades for him, completely forgetting about the option of the franchise tag.

Alex Smith is worth more than he was in SF and there's a possibility he is franchise tagged in 2019.

And I'm stupid. Ya ok.

Must be just a coincidence that you created your account the year Alex came to KC.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-07-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13340635)
As much as I love Terez for being accessible to the common Joe Schmo fan, you're a fool of you think he's not parroting out the narrative 1 Arrowhead Drive wants him to parrot out.

I honestly don't. Terez has been saying all week that we wouldn't be able to run the ball against their front, and that the game would come down to whether or not Alex would sling it into some tight windows and down field.

That's basically exactly what happened in the 2nd half.

TripleThreat 01-07-2018 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13340654)
Alex Smith is worth more than he was in SF and there's a possibility he is franchise tagged in 2019.

And I'm stupid. Ya ok.

Must be just a coincidence that you created your account the year Alex came to KC.

Patriots franchise tagged Matt cassle with Tom Brady on the roster in 2009. paying Tom Brady, and franchising the back up quarterback, only to trade him to us to make us look like complete idiots.

The exact same could be done in this situation, you’re just too stupid to realize it.

Oh I see your edit. By your standards I guess you made your account when we got Matt right? Or just a coincidence?

GloryDayz 01-07-2018 12:37 AM

Why would he want to go anywhere else. Hell, they might require him to win crucial games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jd1020 01-07-2018 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 13340675)
Patriots franchise tagged Matt cassle with Tom Brady on the roster in 2009. paying Tom Brady, and franchising the back up quarterback, only to trade him to us to make us look like complete idiots.

The exact same could be done in this situation, you’re just too stupid to realize it.

How old was Cassel back then?

You've now triple downed like your ****ing name.

Here's why it worked for the Patriots. Matt Cassel was 26 years old. Do you get that? He just had a good season in NE and wasn't going to be the QB on the team, obviously. At his age there's a chance he could be something, hindsight doesn't enter into this equation. So when you tag someone like him you trade for him with the expectation you are going to reduce that 1 year hit by extending him to a 5 year deal.

Now who the **** is giving Alex Smith a 5 year deal at 35, especially in the scenario of him being bad and the team that traded for him not liking him? TELL ME.

kcpasco 01-07-2018 12:38 AM

This muther****er didn’t waste anytime after that second half performance. What an asshole.

TripleThreat 01-07-2018 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13340679)
How old was Cassel back then?

You've now triple downed like your ****ing name.

Your ability to hold a conversation resembles that of a preschooler just learning her ABC’s holy shit.

jd1020 01-07-2018 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 13340693)
Your ability to hold a conversation resembles that of a preschooler just learning her ABC’s holy shit.

You're a ****ing dumbass.

You can't even make a valid argument that makes any god damn sense in the real world.

CoMoChief 01-07-2018 12:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Halea41 01-07-2018 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13340654)

And I'm stupid. Ya ok.

This triplethreat clown sounds like a former 49ers fan that got butthurt after Jim harbaugh obviously made the right decision in 2012. Kaepernick can probably take this team to the super bowl. He would have the best tightend, the best and fastest wide receiver, the best running back and elite defense and good pass blocking offensive line - similar to what he had in SF.

gold_and_red 01-07-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halea41 (Post 13340750)
This triplethreat clown sounds like a former 49ers fan that got butthurt after Jim harbaugh obviously made the right decision in 2012. Kaepernick can probably take this team to the super bowl. He would have the best tightend, the best and fastest wide receiver, the best running back and elite defense and good pass blocking offensive line - similar to what he had in SF.

ROFL