ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317770)

TwistedChief 09-29-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13773410)
I'm not upset at Berry because of the situation. I'm upset at the Chiefs for multiple reasons. They have not been forthcoming to the media or fans on the type of injury, other than "heel/foot", whereas this situation was much worse than they're letting on.

In hindsight, the Chiefs should had placed him on IR (with the designation to return) thus freeing up a roster spot for someone else who can actually help the team, specifically, the defensive side.

Nope, they ****ed up.

Sorry, but do you really think missing a roster spot for someone with the talent level of a Ward or a Lucas who have been invisible last-minute pick ups is what’s been the Achilles Heel (too soon?) of this defense?

CaliforniaChief 09-29-2018 07:50 PM

The tenor of the comments indicates what I think is a misunderstanding.

I don't think this is any more than an explanation of why "day to day" has turned into months.

I think he'll return shortly. But it's complicated, and not Berry's fault.

TwistedChief 09-29-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13773422)
It's not his fault necessarily, but his inability to stay healthy may be the reason we miss a Super Bowl run. He got a huge contract and has been useless since.

It just sucks and is hard to swallow since he fought the team so hard on that contract.

It sucks. I fully agree with you on that. But I don’t for a second begrudge the guy because he fought so hard to get that contract. That’s exactly what any athlete should be doing and certainly one with a potentially recurring terminal illness.

Coach 09-29-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13773424)
Sorry, but do you really think missing a roster spot for someone with the talent level of a Ward or a Lucas who have been invisible last-minute pick ups is what’s been the Achilles Heel (too soon?) of this defense?

Well, considering that Berry haven't played for almost a year and with this coming up, it just makes sense to put him on IR. Since that thing requires rest, as the article has mentioned, the Chiefs could had find a safety either by FA or trade.

Really, Murray is just bad, and the point is to get him off the field. The corner play have not been terrible by any means of the imagination. But they look bad because of awful safety play. I'd be curious to see where the overall breakdowns occur, but I would not be one bit surprised if that happened on Murray's area.

DaFace 09-29-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13773432)
It sucks. I fully agree with you on that. But I don’t for a second begrudge the guy because he fought so hard to get that contract. That’s exactly what any athlete should be doing and certainly one with a potentially recurring terminal illness.

It's fine. It's just contrary to this narrative of Berry being one of the best Chiefs ever. His contact could damage the team for years.

Look at the contracts DJ and Tamba got over the years. Perfectly fair to both sides, and they'll both be in the Chiefs HOF someday.

I'm not quite sure Berry will be there at this point, and the contract and lack of production since plays into that.

FloridaMan88 09-29-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

What has he done since getting paid?

htismaqe 09-29-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13773424)

Could they be worse than Eric Murray?

Sassy Squatch 09-29-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13773404)
Wow - it’s amazing how quickly this board turns on someone like Berry. He’s been a true professional his entire career and everyone is questioning his motives and determination. I guess he never beat cancer or anything like that and came back with an epic season where he was far and away our most impactful defensive player.

I’m as disappointed as anyone that he’s not on the field and you can blame Dorsey and the Chiefs for giving him that contract. But people are talking about Berry like he’s a guy who just got his big money contract and mailed it in after that. Like he’s a guy with character issues. Amazing.

I'm frustrated with Eric Berry and his inability to play since he signed his massive extension, but that's ultimately not his fault. I'm ****ing fed up with this team lying through their teeth about the severity of injuries.

O.city 09-29-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13773443)

Gotta think with more time in the system they get more pt right.

Coach 09-29-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13773448)
Gotta think with more time in the system they get more pt right.

I don't think so. Murray seems to lack football IQ.

htismaqe 09-29-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13773451)
I don't think so. Murray seems to lack football IQ.

He was talking about Ward and Lucas.

BlackOp 09-29-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs showed unprecedented support for him....they literally paid him while he was getting treatment. They could have reached an injury settlement and had every right to do so. He wasn't playing football and there was no indication he would ever again. They went above and beyond..

From my understanding, Dorsey wanted to contractually protect the Chiefs...which is his job as GM. It's a smart move as Berry just went through Chemo..and his contract was a blockbuster. You would think EB would understand the financial risk involved in signing him...instead Berry cut him out of the loop...essentially went straight to Hunt.

And now KC has a financial shit-show on it's hands.

Coach 09-29-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13773454)
He was talking about Ward and Lucas.

Ah, my apologies.

Carry on, O.City.

TwistedChief 09-29-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13773443)

By putting Murray on the field instead of Lucas, Reid/Sutton/Veach are answering affirmatively.

O.city 09-29-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13773458)
Ah, my apologies.

Carry on, O.City.

Will do