ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Update on Tyreek Hill (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322406)

FAX 04-19-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 14214490)
Or some people don't really care what is reported and wait for outcomes. I don't read the Star so maybe that is why it never mattered to me. I don't know, but the lack of discussion about the fact that he lost custody and the focus on an article headline is a bit silly.

I can certainly understand this, Mr. Codered.

Only believe the part of the newspaper you can use to start a fire. That's my motto.

I can't speak for anyone else, but it bothers me when hacks (like the ones we seem to have in KC) appear or attempt to pattern their behavior after their MSM heroes. To me, it's been clear from the very beginning of this story that the media are simply praying that this situation worsens.

For example, a Channel 5 dude (I think it was 5) was on Twitter BRAGGING about the fact that his "tweet story" had ranked #1 on his Twitter feed. Think about that ... no concern for the child. No concern for the mom. No concern for the community, the Chiefs, the fans ... no. He was bragging about the story trending upward. Self-awareness in that case? Less than 0.

I have another motto; F*** people whose priorities are that screwed up.

FAX

Mecca 04-19-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14214513)
Why would they take the kid away from the mom unless she was guilty?

BTW, the kid is really cute.

It happens in investigations because it has to do with child safety. Its basically we want to make sure nothing happens because if we leave the kids there and something else happens we look bad, it's precautionary.

Red Dawg 04-19-2019 08:47 AM

It's standard operating procedure to remove the child and let the parents take a break from being parents. Everyone can catch their breath and get a clear mind to move forward. We did the same thing in the Air Force when spouses were having issues. Separate for a few days and calm down, then make decisions about how to move forward. In this case they need a break from parenting. KK and Adam sounded like idiots yesterday about Hill not having custody. At this point it's just procedure.

kcpasco 04-19-2019 08:47 AM

Corporal punishment is a learned behavior. I bet the majority on this board got their asses whooped when they where a kid. A broken arm looks bad but it doesn’t have to have been intentional. Let family court do it’s job.

Third Eye 04-19-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14214512)
hopefully he didn’t abuse his child so he doesnt get suspended.

FIFY

FAX 04-19-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14214528)
Corporal punishment is a learned behavior. I bet the majority on this board got their asses whooped when they where a kid. A broken arm looks bad but it doesn’t have to have been intentional. Let family court do it’s job.

Definitely generational.

FAX

Mecca 04-19-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14214528)

Yea,so much so I remember thinking to myself "I'm not doing that cause I don't want my ass beat"

I'll be honest I do think the new parenting of not spanking or anything has led to a lot of self entitled kids who think they have no consequences.

Aspengc8 04-19-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 14214534)
FIFY

Didn’t require a fix. If he abused his child he will be found guilty, right?

blake5676 04-19-2019 08:51 AM

Some in this thread are willfully blind or obtuse. None of the news reports are making up anything out of thin air. Is it possible that some of the accusations that have been alleged are false? Absolutely.

But it's not as if the Star or the local news stations are just making up details about the investigation. They all have MUCH more information than what they've publicly run with and are not reporting every "he said, she said" that has been relayed to them by people involved in the situation. THAT would be irresponsible journalism.

It's my hope that this can be a serious learning process for both of the parents and a wake up call to get their stuff together. Pretty sure we obviously all really hope that Tyreek is on the Chiefs and catching balls from Mahomes for many years to come. But if some of the more serious allegations are true, and if professionals believe there is no hope education/reform can put the kid in a better situation, then so be it. Fandom aside, whether or not Tyreek plays again matters little in the scope of the health and well being of a freaking 3 year old. And it's not like he hasn't already been given the gift of a second chance.

TEX 04-19-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14214502)
Now that the child has been removed from the home...

And as it's become clear there's a genuine investigation that has likely uncovered something that seems questionable...

Is there anything from the initial reporting that you deem grossly inaccurate?

I completely appreciated people's anger toward the Star when all of this first came out. But now I fail to see how that persists. I think Pryor is a terrible reporter and felt that way long before this situation, but in light of these developments, it's pretty clear that the Star wasn't just sensationalizing some off-the-record source's dubious account.

I find it really hard to see how some of you are still pinning blame on them.

That's because as a "Stat Boy" you totally missed the part of how the story was reported.

Third Eye 04-19-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14214538)

In a perfect world, yes. Do you believe we exist in a perfect world where criminals always get caught and innocent people never get convicted? If so, I’ll have some of what you’re having.

TwistedChief 04-19-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14214542)
That's because as a "Stat Boy" you totally missed the part of how the story was reported.

And yet I still remember - when this first broke - your informing someone that he was "not as important to the thread as he thinks he is." ROFL

Probably the least effective "burn" ever unleashed on CP. :clap:

kcpasco 04-19-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 14214538)

Maybe he needs to learn how to properly discipline his child. I don’t think Tyreek was raised in a great family environment. IMO this isn’t a case of he’s either completely innocent or monster that should be killed. Humans are flawed and sometimes needs guidance. Anyways, that’s my 10 cents for what it’s worth.

kcpasco 04-19-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14214535)
Definitely generational.

FAX

Yep. And I have mixed feelings about it.

TravelingChiefs 04-19-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 14214401)
It's a headline, dumb dumb.... and it's accurate. I swear you hate women with a passion.

Pryor hates KC and is looking for a GOTCHA so she can move on to some liberal rag. When she tweets about sports it's mostly about North Carolina, she doesn't know sports and just retweets breaking news. She's worthless as a sports reporter let alone the actual Chiefs beat reporter. There's a lot of women sports reporters that do a great job. Brooke is not among that group.