ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

Mr. Flopnuts 10-02-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8970494)
I would agree with you. I'll give Clark the benefit of the doubt. If Pioli gets an extension after this mess, unless he does some serious damage control, we can start to question him.

I still have this glimmer of hope that Clark knows this is a problem and that Pioli is skating on thin ice.

And I disagree that this won't work. The Chiefs have had some bad teams before, but their fans are the loyalest of loyal. For it to have sunk this low... it's not good. Pioli is too egotistical not to notice. And Hunt is just not used to Chiefs' fans reacting negatively.

I think it's already working. All of a sudden Quinn is getting snaps with the 1's? Yeah. Not this. Just coincidence...

luv 10-02-2012 02:47 PM

Looks like I'm going to the game Sunday. I'll make sure to get pictures.

Titty Meat 10-02-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8970937)
Here is a link to the discussion on Reddit in the NFL subreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...iefs_fans_are/

It is mostly uninformed nonsense from fans of other teams, which is kinda to be expected.

Lawlz @ the one dude who points out the Chiefs have lead in time of possession and first downs. Wonder if that dumbass has ever heard of garbage time?

vailpass 10-02-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8971001)
I think it's already working. All of a sudden Quinn is getting snaps with the 1's? Yeah. Not this. Just coincidence...

If this benches Cassel all your sig lines are belong to PR Capone.

Reerun_KC 10-02-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

I want Quinn to play the Ravens... I would love nothing more than watching his garbage ass get destroyed by their D...

Would make the game quite enjoyable. Please Cassel, **** up so bad that you get pulled so we can watch Quinn get raped...

**** Quinn, a pure garbage shit QB.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-02-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8971065)
I want Quinn to play the Ravens... I would love nothing more than watching his garbage ass get destroyed by their D...

Would make the game quite enjoyable. Please Cassel, **** up so bad that you get pulled so we can watch Quinn get raped...

**** Quinn, a pure garbage shit QB.

I take it you're not a big Pioli fan for putting us in this position. Spew the vitriol. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Reerun_KC 10-02-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8971081)
I take it you're not a big Pioli fan for putting us in this position. Spew the vitriol. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

I feel better now.

tooge 10-02-2012 03:11 PM

I've sent an e mail to Florio at Profootball talk about this. I'm sure he will have his cronies check it out and if it looks like a story, he may post something. I know he did about the Tebow billboard last year.

BigMeatballDave 10-02-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8971015)
Lawlz @ the one dude who points out the Chiefs have lead in time of possession and first downs. Wonder if that dumbass has ever heard of garbage time?

LOL

BigMeatballDave 10-02-2012 03:17 PM

It'd be cool to see the CBS pregame pick up on this.

DMAC 10-02-2012 03:19 PM

"WE DESERVE BETTER: FIRE PIOLI" is the banner?

If so...heh heh...awesome.

Chief Roundup 10-02-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Quinn might actually have an advantage in this game. He played against the Ravens twice a year while he was with the Browns. So he should know some of thier tendencies.

oldman 10-02-2012 03:22 PM

Since he hasn't played in forever, I doubt it. But he did put his helmelt on last game!!

007 10-02-2012 03:28 PM

Hmmm, has Riggle donated yet?

Bearcat 10-02-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8971127)
Quinn might actually have an advantage in this game. He played against the Ravens twice a year while he was with the Browns. So he should know some of thier tendencies.

Uh...

Code:

DATE        OPP        RESULT        CMP        ATT        YDS        CMP%        AVG        LNG        TD        INT        QBR        RAT        ATT        YDS        AVG        LNG        TD
Sun 9/27 @BAL  L 3-34        6        8        34        75.0        4.25        12        0        1        1.8        42.7        2        9        4.5        7        0

Mon 11/16 vs BAL L 0-16 13        31        99        41.9        3.19        30        0        2        2.0        23.5        2        1        0.5        2        0

gblowfish 10-02-2012 03:45 PM

They're talking about us on the NY Jets site:
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=248728

Wonder how long before we're on every NFL fan board?

Marcellus 10-02-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

That would imply RAC would know them very well and have a great plan in place as well.

Expecting that to happen?

Raiderhater 10-02-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8971188)
They're talking about us on the NY Jets site:
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=248728

Wonder how long before we're on every NFL fan board?

It would seem they think Lamar is still alive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglenj
First off, great organization by the fans there. To the people saying "it wont do anything" does anyone except lamar hunt to come out and say, "I wasnt gonna make a change at GM or QB, but now that I saw the banner I will"? It just shows how upset the fans are which is good.

I was very surprised to see pioli's draft record...not a lot of hits there

gblowfish 10-02-2012 04:05 PM

You can't expect Jet fans to know Lamar Hunt is no longer with us. Hell, they're Jet fans. They're one of the few teams that have gone longer without a SB appearance than US!

Meanwhile, Ajax the Parrot Joins the Chiefs Coalition. All is Well! Remain Calm!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X_mVnYidAhM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan 10-02-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8971241)
You can't expect Jet fans to know Lamar Hunt is no longer with us. Hell, they're Jet fans. They're one of the few teams that have gone longer without a SB appearance than US!

Meanwhile, Ajax the Parrot Joins the Chiefs Coalition. All is Well! Remain Calm!!!

I was told at a Jets/Chiefs game in the Meadowlands that the Chiefs suck because they haven't won a SB since SB IV. I am not sure I have ever had a better, more easy, put-away comeback in my life.

BigMeatballDave 10-02-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8971143)
Hmmm, has Riggle donated yet?

That would be hilarious, considering he's on the Chiefs' payroll.

007 10-02-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8971282)
That would be hilarious, considering he's on the Chiefs' payroll.

exactly. anonymous of course.

BigRedChief 10-02-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8969070)
Dunno, but The Oatmeal dude got 1.3 million dollars to fund the Tesla Museum... I'm sure if Chiefsplanet had to come up with $5-10k for a full on campaign... I'd bet the funds would come in.

After they see the crowdsourced social grassroots campaign launch on Sunday. The Clark and Pioli may finally learn that you can't alienate your fans, your former players and field shit talent on the field year after year and get away with it without hearing from Chiefs Nation.

Social media has matured since we tried to get rid of King Carl. Social media and the fans can take these guys down. We can make it so uncomfortable to do business that the business landscape changes underneath their feet and they have no choice but to act.

007 10-02-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8971250)
I was told at a Jets/Chiefs game in the Meadowlands that the Chiefs suck because they haven't won a SB since SB IV. I am not sure I have ever had a better, more easy, put-away comeback in my life.

Well, nobody ever accused jets fans of being intelligent.

SomeRandomGirl 10-02-2012 04:48 PM

Ok, sent money via paypal.

BigRedChief 10-02-2012 04:56 PM

It's hit the yardbarker site. I'm on their email list already.
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._head_11860204

Chiefs fans to protest by flying banner over stadium

<abbr class="published" title="2012-10-02 00:51,">October 2, 2012 - 12:51 am</abbr> · 3 comments
by Zack Kelberman
in Kansas City Chiefs

http://helmet2helmet.net/wp-content/...hiefs-fans.jpgThey just got beat down at home by a bitter rival, are sitting in the AFC West cellar with a 1-3 record, and have many within the organization ready to turn the page on quarterback Matt Cassel.

It’s fair to conclude the Chiefs are in a bad place.
And with the Ravens coming to town in Week 5, smart money is on it going from bad to worse.

Despite handing Romeo Crennel the head coaching reigns, hoping he could change the culture tainted by Todd Haley, fundamental issues remain within the team, leading to blowout losses, a poor record and dwindling hope of a successful season.

It’s unfortunate considering the devout fanbase that still comes out in full force each week, even when there’s little to cheer for. However, the dismal situation has led to boiling point for those very fans, who’ve resorted to their own ‘Occupy’ movement in hopes of nudging upper management’s hand.

With the monetary commitment of fellow fans, one member of a Chiefs message board has organized a banner to fly over Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday, calling for, among other things, the firing of general manager Scott Pioli and benching of Cassel. As of early Tuesday morning, $1,055 have been raised for the cause. The tentative plan is for the banner to go airborne before kickoff, and perhaps take to the sky after the game, too.

They’re not stopping there, either. If enough money is raised, the same banner also could be flown at the next home contest, presumably to grab the attention of owner Clark Hunt.
Or so they wish.

I get that desperate times call for desperate measures, but we’ve seen this before and it never ends as hoped. Just six months ago, Dolphins fans lined the streets outside the team facilities, protesting for nearly the exact same reasons. The end result? Just a bunch of people given an excuse to shout and flaunt signs, while changing absolutely nothing.
Though this venture is more expensive, the outcome will ultimately turn out the same and, if anything, land a few folks on the local news.
But, hey, A+ for effort; at least they’re trying. Unlike the team, apparently.
(Photo: John Sleezer/McClatchy-Tribune)

hometeam 10-02-2012 04:57 PM

Q X 5

SomeRandomGirl 10-02-2012 05:01 PM

How you like my sig? Not amazing, but fun nonetheless.

DaFace 10-02-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8970937)
Here is a link to the discussion on Reddit in the NFL subreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...iefs_fans_are/

It is mostly uninformed nonsense from fans of other teams, which is kinda to be expected.

Not a fan of the whole "Arrowhead Spring" thing. That makes it sound lame and cheesy.

pr_capone 10-02-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 8971360)
How you like my sig? Not amazing, but fun nonetheless.

LOVE IT

teedubya 10-02-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8971376)
Not a fan of the whole "Arrowhead Spring" thing. That makes it sound lame and cheesy.

Yeah. I was wanting to help orchestrate the reddit post... and edit the copy a bit. I can get those things to pop, if done right.

Good intentions, though... it just needed a bit more strategic thinking behind it... and it would have been best to launch on Sunday after we had pics of it, IMO.

BigRedChief 10-02-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8971376)

+1

pr_capone 10-02-2012 05:17 PM

updated OP with paypal amt

BigRedChief 10-02-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8971387)
Yeah. I was wanting to help orchestrate the reddit post... and edit the copy a bit. I can get those things to pop, if done right.

Good intentions, though... it just needed a bit more strategic thinking behind it... and it would have been best to launch on Sunday after we had pics of it, IMO.

This!

We need to think strategically and act logically. Get the most bang for our buck.

The Mayor 10-02-2012 05:22 PM

Got my confirmation email. You should see my contribution in your account. Wish I could see it live!

ClevelandBronco 10-02-2012 05:27 PM

Dammit you guys. This had better have no effect.

NJChiefsFan 10-02-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8971331)
Well, nobody ever accused jets fans of being intelligent.

No, no they haven't. It's odd how different two fanbases(Giants/Jets) can be considering they are from the exact same region.

FlaChief58 10-02-2012 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

bitch please

jackkked 10-02-2012 05:48 PM

You Got Money
PP $ sent

BigRedChief 10-02-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8970388)
And the first tweet I see when searching for 'chiefs banner'...

It's mind-boggling, really... LMAO

WTF, the coalition is on board with the direction on the team?

BigRedChief 10-02-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8969280)
the "donate to" and paypal email address thing might be a little much. Should be a URL for a page that then suggests ways to get involved.

no way do you put "donate" on a billboard. It will kill the incentive to drive traffic to a web site.

Planetman 10-02-2012 06:07 PM

If this idea fails, someone please rename the lounge, "The Sopwith Camel." :D

MIAdragon 10-02-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8971469)
WTF, the coalition is on board with the direction on the team?

There are some of those idiots here too :banghead:

bevischief 10-02-2012 06:26 PM

Where the hell is donation? Done this morning.

Bwana 10-02-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8971514)
Where the hell is donation? Done this morning.

Likewise

rockymtnchief 10-02-2012 06:35 PM

In for $25.

bevischief 10-02-2012 06:35 PM

There are a lot more people who donated that I don't on this list.

AustinChief 10-02-2012 06:37 PM

OK, here are my thoughts on the next step...

If the national media picks up and gives the slightest mention of the banner.. then it is DONE.. no need to fly it again, it would have substantially diminished returns. If there is NO national coverage at all (seems highly unlikely) then I would say it may be worth flying it again.

If we do get national coverage (even a little) then I think you go with a billboard if it is economically feasible. If not, then I suggest looking into expanding the online reach and other grassroots efforts like a concessions boycott or whatnot.

bevischief 10-02-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8971533)
In for $25.

You, me and Bwana at least.

AustinChief 10-02-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8971534)
There are a lot more people who donated that I don't on this list.

yeah, let's cut pr_capone some slack, it's a nightmare trying to sift through paypal donations and figure out what's from whom and the like. If you use the NOTE field and put your username in there, it would be easier but it still is a bitch to try to keep track of. Of all the things he is tackling right now, I'd put 'updating the donor list' smack dab at the bottom of the priority list.

BigRedChief 10-02-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8971541)
yeah, let's cut pr_capone some slack, it's a nightmare trying to sift through paypal donations and figure out what's from whom and the like. If you use the NOTE field and put your username in there, it would be easier but it still is a bitch to try to keep track of. Of all the things he is tackling right now, I'd put 'updating the donor list' smack dab at the bottom of the priority list.

I'll offer to help PR. Been keeping the peoples money straight for the packages for the troops and nzoners bash.

JoeyChuckles 10-02-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 8968551)
It's Arrowhead Spring.

I coin the phrase "Arrowhead Spring" last night in post 408, nobody says a damn thing about it, and then it shows up in a YardBarker story? I feel a bit violated.

Well I guess I contributed something to the whole thing, if not money yet.

bevischief 10-02-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

I did just making sure that the outer towners get the credit for helping out, that this is not just a local effort but a national effort. That's all.

Mizzou_8541 10-02-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8970388)
And the first tweet I see when searching for 'chiefs banner'...

It's mind-boggling, really... LMAO

Wow, that'll show 'em!

Frazod 10-02-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Since he added me last night, I agree with this. :D

SDChiefs 10-02-2012 06:58 PM

Not sure if one of you did this, but there is a "bench Matt Cassel" page on FB. Like it. Sorry if repost but im not reading through 63 pages. There is also an article on there that mentions your little crusade. Kudos to you, youre my hero. PS, myself and both my roommates are going to try to send money. Joe is signing up on the planet as we speak.

Bwana 10-02-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8971536)

If the national media picks up and gives the slightest mention of the banner.. then it is DONE.. no need to fly it again, it would have substantially diminished returns. If there is NO national coverage at all (seems highly unlikely) then I would say it may be worth flying it again.

If we do get national coverage (even a little) then I think you go with a billboard if it is economically feasible. If not, then I suggest looking into expanding the online reach and other grassroots efforts like a concessions boycott or whatnot.

Bingo

Planetman 10-02-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Before someone gets all gung ho on the billboard idea, you better check all the laws Missouri has in place for them. I can tell you from recent experience, it could be a colossal waste of time and effort if you don't familiarize yourself with the regs.

Bwana 10-02-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8971537)
You, me and Bwana at least.

He sent me a PM and he works 12 hour shifts. He will get us all on there. :thumb: I can't wait to see some shots of this thing in the air. :)

Raiderhater 10-02-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

I am going to disagree with you. If you stop flying the banner after getting some media attention than it looks like that is all we were after. You keep flying the banner until actual changes are made (providing funds keep coming in). Continuing the flights shows it is not just a moment of venting frustration but, that we are serious about this. Especially as a grass roots average fan donating to the cause week in and week out.

Pursue other avenues but, do not abandon the flights.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 10-02-2012 07:05 PM

folks - honestly - i see the idea of a movie in here somewhere - if this groundswell continues and results in change? impossible? - not really!

In for $20US from canada!!!

mlyonsd 10-02-2012 07:12 PM

The next step should be we just buy the team from Clark.

gblowfish 10-02-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 8971648)
The next step should be we just buy the team from Clark.

Think he'd take $600 for it?

mlyonsd 10-02-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8971649)
Think he'd take $600 for it?

If we keep putting pressure on him maybe he'll crack Howard Hughs style.

CosmicPal 10-02-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

The way things are going there may be enough collective money to buy out the contracts of both Cassel and Pioli and send them both out of Arrowhead for good.

Dayze 10-02-2012 07:17 PM

Can someone take a pic of the banner please? Sure as hell won't be on tv anywhere

ILChief 10-02-2012 07:24 PM

I'm surprised no major news outlet has picked this up. This seems like something Florio at profootballtalk would run with

Dayze 10-02-2012 07:26 PM

If Tebow were flying the plane, they'd pick it up

SomeRandomGirl 10-02-2012 07:35 PM

I saw the Chris Hansen tweets earlier, but didn't see his latest article from bleacherreport.com posted yet. Sorry if repost.

The Kansas City Chiefs Should Stick With Matt Cassel

Quote:

By
Christopher Hansen
(AFC West Lead Writer) on October 2, 2012

The Kansas City Chiefs are a disappointing 1-3 and a big reason for their bad start has been the poor play of quarterback Matt Cassel. Turnovers have been particularly costly for the Chiefs and Cassel has 10 of the team’s 15 turnovers through the first four games.

Fans are growing impatient with Cassel, general manager Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel. One group of fans will protest the game by flying a banner over the stadium on Sunday. While Pioli and Crennel might be the problem, benching Cassel just makes things worse.

Cassel is not a good starting quarterback, but he’s still the best quarterback available to the Chiefs.

Brady Quinn is basically Cassel three years from now. Ricky Stanzi? Please. There are a few quarterbacks available through free agency, but whether they are better than Cassel is questionable plus there is a steep learning curve at the position.

Benching Cassel only gives Pioli and Crennel a scapegoat for the team’s poor performance. Pioli is the one that brought Cassel in and stuck with him this long. Pioli even had opportunities to bring in a franchise quarterback through the draft and instead squandered those picks. He didn’t even sign a quarterback that was worth starting over Cassel this offseason.

Crennel’s specialty is defense and that side of the ball has also fallen apart. The team that played so hard for him when he was an interim coach looks lost and confused.

It’s clear that the Chiefs have issues and Cassel might not even be the biggest one. It’s not Cassel’s fault that the defense can’t keep the game within two scores or that offensive coordinator Brian Daboll hasn’t been able to run the ball enough.

Cassel has attempted 55 more passes in the first four games than he did 2010, the season he led the Chiefs to the playoffs. This is inexcusable given Kansas City's highly productive running game; the Chiefs are averaging 5.6 yards per carry this season, compared to 4.7 in 2010.

Cassel is throwing the ball more because the Chiefs have had to attempt to come back from down two touchdowns in every game this season, but Daboll needs to resist the urge to go away from the running game. The statistics are obviously skewed because Cassel has been piling up garbage-time stats in three of the four games. Outside of the interceptions, Cassel has actually been a more productive passer than he was in 2010.

If the defense could keep the game close, Daboll could lean on the running game and limit passing plays that would put Cassel in a position to make mistakes. If thing don’t change quickly, it’s going to be a very long season in Kansas City.

The margin of error is razor thin with a quarterback like Cassel, and that should be no surprise to anyone. The only people that seem surprised are Pioli and Crennel. Benching Cassel just makes the offense worse and allows those responsible for the poor play to blame someone other than themselves.

Fans should be supporting Cassel and letting his performance be the iceberg to Pioli’s Titanic. Besides, it’s not like the Chiefs have a better option.

NJChiefsFan 10-02-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8971689)
If Tebow were flying the plane, they'd pick it up

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Dylan 10-02-2012 07:49 PM

Contact: Associated Press - They should distribute the news on the national wire

http://www.ap.org/company/contact-us

Dave Skretta, AP Sports Writer - wire source of news and information on the KC Chiefs

https://twitter.com/APdaveskretta

That is great!!!

Raiderhater 10-02-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 8971715)
I saw the Chris Hansen tweets earlier, but didn't see his latest article from bleacherreport.com posted yet. Sorry if repost.

What the author fails to realize is that Cassel ALREADY HAS BEEN Pioli's downfall. That is the number one reason, in a list of many, that we have turned on him.

AustinChief 10-02-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8971607)
I am going to disagree with you. If you stop flying the banner after getting some media attention than it looks like that is all we were after. You keep flying the banner until actual changes are made (providing funds keep coming in). Continuing the flights shows it is not just a moment of venting frustration but, that we are serious about this. Especially as a grass roots average fan donating to the cause week in and week out.

Pursue other avenues but, do not abandon the flights.

Well we will have to disagree here (a rare event!).. I just think the banner's return on investment will be so low that the money would be better spent on other avenues. If you keep changing things up, the media keeps reporting on it. "OH look, those banner guys are now doing a billboard!" "oh look those crazy billboard guys are having a {insert crazy event} to protest"

I just don't see as much coverage for "oh look, the banner is back again for the 4th week..."

WV 10-02-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 8971715)

This is probably accurate, but we're tired of seeing Cassel trotted out there every Sunday to suck ass. The other two QB's are at least up to sucking equally, furthering the evidence that this organization knows exacly squat about picking a QB. Exactly how much run does Pioli get for being a part of the team that LUCKILY drafted Brady.

I'm not sure of the perfect wording for the banner, but whatever it takes to remove Cassel is the biggest key. Hell even Daniel Snyder is taking less heat now that they have RGIII, Geno Smith may just make Peeholy tolerable.

WV 10-02-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8971774)
Well we will have to disagree here (a rare event!).. I just think the banner's return on investment will be so low that the money would be better spent on other avenues. If you keep changing things up, the media keeps reporting on it. "OH look, those banner guys are now doing a billboard!" "oh look those crazy billboard guys are having a {insert crazy event} to protest"

I just don't see as much coverage for "oh look, the banner is back again for the 4th week..."

Agreed...it will lose it's burst after 1 week, maybe 2. It's initial shock value will not be increased. If it can get time before and ideally after the game it's accomplished most of what it ever will.

teedubya 10-02-2012 08:00 PM

IMO, we turn the 2nd banner/billboard into a call-to-action of some sort.

We ask the fans to blackout some game. Maybe the last game of the year... something.

If we are just bitching... fine. But, I'd like to see some mass action when the fans do or don't do something in a coordinated fashion.

AustinChief 10-02-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8971806)
IMO, we turn the 2nd banner/billboard into a call-to-action of some sort.

We ask the fans to blackout some game. Maybe the last game of the year... something.

If we are just bitching... fine. But, I'd like to see some mass action when the fans do or don't do something in a coordinated fashion.

Exactly! Each week of inaction should prompt further more extreme measures.

Escalation dominance works. (a little cold war theory for Raidehader to get behind! :D)

Titty Meat 10-02-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

How bout for the final hooray we buy a Chevy Tahoe driven by Kc Wolf to pick Pioli up during the pre-game intro of the last home game of the season and KC drives him back to Boston?

Titty Meat 10-02-2012 08:15 PM

Hey Teedub did you say Fox 4 was going to interview PR? I just got a tweet from a reporter saying that this is a great story and will be passed along to the producers.

pr_capone 10-02-2012 08:20 PM

updated OP with new total