ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Ultra Peanut 05-21-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9697292)
Tarik isn't going to be a guy that's in the game in the final minutes.

He is going to be the power enforcer type guy down low that throws his weight around.

Theoretically, yes. Functionally, he's gonna pick up some dumb fouls and be sitting down way too soon. =[

Good luck to Tarik, but there just seemed to be a disconnect while he was at Memphis. Between David Pellom transferring in and Austin Nichols joining the team, I'm kind of just relieved to not have to worry what's up with Tarik anymore.

saphojunkie 05-21-2013 03:04 PM

I think people are wildly overlooking Landen Lucas. In fact, the only big guaranteed to start is Perry Ellis. Black is still a huge get for us, because that's five 260 pound fouls to give. Which will be valuable in the title game against Randle. :)

Tharpe - Mason/Frankamp
Selden - Frankamp/Greene
Wiggins - White/Greene
Ellis - Black/Traylor
Lucas - Embiid/Black

That's my guess at the starting five. I think that Embiid and The Colors (black, white, and greene) will be heavy in the rotation to start. Frankamp might start showing up more and more as we need shooters.

Who knows? We're deep as **** this year.

Also nice to remember that we have Hunter Mickelson to practice with these guys all year and then step in when Black is gone.

2014 could look like:

Tharpe
Frankamp
Mason
Greene
White
Lucas
Embiid (?)
Selden (?)
Mickelson
Okafor
Jones
Winslow

:)

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-21-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9697681)
2014 could look like:

Tharpe
Frankamp
Mason
Greene
White
Lucas
Embiid (?)
Selden (?)
Mickelson
Okafor
Jones
Winslow

That's absolutely disgusting and borderline not fair.

the Talking Can 05-21-2013 03:27 PM

lmao...Lucas is not starting, and is not starting over Embiid

Lucas was a fringe-100 player in a weak recruiting class...I'm sure he'll be able to contribute some minutes at some point

but on next year's team? nope

Bambi 05-21-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9697681)
I think people are wildly overlooking Landen Lucas. In fact, the only big guaranteed to start is Perry Ellis. Black is still a huge get for us, because that's five 260 pound fouls to give. Which will be valuable in the title game against Randle. :)

Tharpe - Mason/Frankamp
Selden - Frankamp/Greene
Wiggins - White/Greene
Ellis - Black/Traylor
Lucas - Embiid/Black

That's my guess at the starting five. I think that Embiid and The Colors (black, white, and greene) will be heavy in the rotation to start. Frankamp might start showing up more and more as we need shooters.

Who knows? We're deep as **** this year.

Also nice to remember that we have Hunter Mickelson to practice with these guys all year and then step in when Black is gone.

2014 could look like:

Tharpe
Frankamp
Mason
Greene
White
Lucas
Embiid (?)
Selden (?)
Mickelson
Okafor
Jones
Winslow

I think you have Traylor way too low on the DC.

ArrowheadHawk 05-21-2013 04:49 PM

At least we can conversations on who should get the minutes. That wasn't the case a few weeks ago.

Mr. Plow 05-21-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9697725)
I think you have Traylor way too low on the DC.

Yeah, unless Traylor takes a step backwards, I can see him getting quite a few minutes next year.

KevB 05-21-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9696376)
Kansas Jayhawks Land Memphis Transfer Tarik Black
16 mins ago by Trevor Lowry

Black averaged 8.1 points per game and 4.8 rebounds per game this past season. However, he only averaged 20.8 minutes per game, so he could definitely do some damage in the scoring and rebounding department with more time on the court.

I think you guys here get it, but don't expect a lot from Tarik. The extrapolation above is funny. Memphis was very thin inside, and were counting on Tarik to anchor inside and play 30+ minutes a game. Unfortunately, between foul trouble, poor play and questionable attitude issues, he wasn't available for more than the 20 minutes a game. I'm guessing that's all Self is going to ask of him. You'll wonder why he doesn't rebound better and impact the game more than he does though as you watch him play.

saphojunkie 05-21-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9697720)
lmao...Lucas is not starting, and is not starting over Embiid

Lucas was a fringe-100 player in a weak recruiting class...I'm sure he'll be able to contribute some minutes at some point

but on next year's team? nope

Why not? Perry Ellis was #24 in the country on Rivals, and he didn't start.

I think Embiid is going to be a better pro prospect than college freshman. He has tons of physical talent, but I see him getting into some defensive trouble.

You can mark me down as saying Lucas could surprise a lot of people. And he'll start, because there are no other big men who know the offensive sets as well or what HCBS wants out of the defensive strategy.

Self ALWAYS goes with experience and defense first. When Embiid starts learning what his job is and can play in position without fouling, he could start, but I just always bet on the guy who's spent a year practicing getting the nod early in the season.

saphojunkie 05-21-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9697902)
Yeah, unless Traylor takes a step backwards, I can see him getting quite a few minutes next year.

I think all five bigs will get a lot of minutes in non-con play. Once we hit January, I have no idea what will happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9697893)
At least we can conversations on who should get the minutes. That wasn't the case a few weeks ago.

Sweet, sweet depth.

Dude, we have THREE guys who should be pushing for serious playing time at the 2/3 spot. Except they won't, because we have the #1 player in the country there.

Amazing team next year. So amazing.

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9697989)
Why not? Perry Ellis was #24 in the country on Rivals, and he didn't start.

I think Embiid is going to be a better pro prospect than college freshman. He has tons of physical talent, but I see him getting into some defensive trouble.

You can mark me down as saying Lucas could surprise a lot of people. And he'll start, because there are no other big men who know the offensive sets as well or what HCBS wants out of the defensive strategy.

Self ALWAYS goes with experience and defense first. When Embiid starts learning what his job is and can play in position without fouling, he could start, but I just always bet on the guy who's spent a year practicing getting the nod early in the season.

Excellent post. That's what I think. I bet Lucas becomes a far better player than people expect. I'd guess his rebounds per minute will be very high.

Mr. Plow 05-21-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9698100)
Excellent post. That's what I think. I bet Lucas becomes a far better player than people expect. I'd guess his rebounds per minute will be very high.

So you like Lucas, but not Ellis?

saphojunkie 05-21-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9698253)

Ellis is going all blows up this year. I have never seen the lights come on for a player the way they did for him last year. It was incredible.

I just realized how much happier I would be if this were a completely KU-basketball related board. Oh well, back to the "Chiefs have losing record or lose their 2nd round pick" dumpster fire thread.

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9698253)

Ellis should be much better this year. He had a rough first year for sure. Of course the expectations for Ellis should be much higher than Lucas no? He should benefit from another year of weight training too.

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9698328)
Ellis is going all blows up this year. I have never seen the lights come on for a player the way they did for him last year. It was incredible.

I just realized how much happier I would be if this were a completely KU-basketball related board. Oh well, back to the "Chiefs have losing record or lose their 2nd round pick" dumpster fire thread.

But dude, we also talk about the Royals here.

Bambi 05-21-2013 07:25 PM

http://worldonline.media.clients.ell...49ee54b77d1e0d

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 07:27 PM

Is that nick Faldo?

sedated 05-21-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9697989)
Self ALWAYS goes with experience and defense first.

Not true at all. See: Wright, Arthur, Henry, Selby, McLemore.

Self plays talent even if its young talent. What Self does NOT do is redshirt a guy and the have him starting his (RS) freshman year over more talented guys - in his own words, he redshirts guys because they will be a nonfactor at 18 but will contribute at 21 or 22.

Of all the guys Self has redshirted, show me one that started over a top 10 recruit the next year (the closest example is Morningstar starting over Elijah, who was a 30-40 recruit, not top 10). He saves them for their junior/senior years when KU is short at a position (Reed, Teahan, Releford).

Chiefs Pantalones 05-21-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9698354)
But dude, we also talk about the Royals here.

And Mizzou sports, which is lifeless and pointless as they are not winning championships any time soon.

If it weren't for KU basketball...wow, the Midwest would be a laughing stock for sports.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-21-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9698417)
Not true at all. See: Wright, Arthur, Henry, Selby, McLemore.

Self plays talent even if its young talent. What Self does NOT do is redshirt a guy and the have him starting his (RS) freshman year over more talented guys - in his own words, he redshirts guys because they will be a nonfactor at 18 but will contribute at 21 or 22.

Of all the guys Self has redshirted, show me one that started over a top 10 recruit the next year (the closest example is Morningstar starting over Elijah, who was a 30-40 recruit, not top 10). He saves them for their junior/senior years when KU is short at a position (Reed, Teahan, Releford).

Self has said that he prefers to recruit/have great offensive players and make them great defenders as well. If he had to choose he'd rather pick up a great offensive guy that is lacking on the D and make him a better defender to round out his game. He likes to make players work on both ends so they are ready to have a long tenured NBA career.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-21-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9698496)
And Mizzou sports, which is lifeless and pointless as they are not winning championships any time soon.

If it weren't for KU basketball...wow.

Red Birds will always reign supreme

Ceej 05-21-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9698538)

That's word.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-21-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9698538)

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones 05-21-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9698547)
That's word.

What's the word?

Ceej 05-21-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9698567)
What's the word?

Bird is the word.

Mr. Plow 05-21-2013 08:09 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2WNrx2jq184" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefs Pantalones 05-21-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9698573)
Bird is the word.

Does everybody know about the word?

sedated 05-21-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9698515)
Self has said that he prefers to recruit/have great offensive players and make them great defenders as well.

Ive heard that quote as well, but Im not sure I buy it when it comes to bigs. When Self had Cole and Withey he always talked about how it changed the entire defensive scheme to have an elite shot-blocker guarding the hoop.

That quote was given in front of a bunch of recruits during college gameday, I dont doubt it had a purpose.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-21-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9698580)
Ive heard that quote as well, but Im not sure I buy it when it comes to bigs. When Self had Cole and Withey he always talked about how it changed the entire defensive scheme to have an elite shot-blocker guarding the hoop.

That quote was given in front of a bunch of recruits during college gameday, I dont doubt it had a purpose.

That is a good point, yeah I remember that. Smooth Self lol

Ceej 05-21-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9698579)
Does everybody know about the word?

I will respond with the only way I know how when I'm asked a difficult question.

Wiggins.

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 08:20 PM

Kentucky has come out with a new shirt, hot off the presses, after Louisville's win:

http://lf.hatworld.com/hwl?set=sku&#91;2...;file:product]
http://www.fanoutfittersky.com/style...Shirt/20541972

Bambi 05-21-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9698639)
Kentucky has come out with a new shirt, hot off the presses, after Louisville's win:

http://lf.hatworld.com/hwl?set=sku&#91;2...;file:product]
http://www.fanoutfittersky.com/style...Shirt/20541972

Louisville lives in Paypal Cal's head. It's hilarious.

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 08:38 PM

Makes you feel sorry for KU, no rivals. Kentucky wins it then Louisville does it the next year. UNC wins it in 2009, Duke wins it the next year. Alabama football wins it in 2009, Auburn does it the next year. Ohio State goes to the Final Four, Michigan does it the next year. It's crap we were screwed out of a great rivalry.

Bambi 05-21-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9698726)
Makes you feel sorry for KU, no rivals. Kentucky wins it then Louisville does it the next year. UNC wins it in 2009, Duke wins it the next year. Alabama football wins it in 2009, Auburn does it the next year. Ohio State goes to the Final Four, Michigan does it the next year. It's crap we were screwed out of a great rivalry.

With the recruiting up and running like it seems to be KU will have a football rival in the near future that will keep things interesting. K State seems the most likely but for some reason both schools are never great at the same time. Sure both have experienced the BCS but not in the same year. I would love for that to happen.

Basketball seems less likely. KU has to go to the national powers to even be challenged. That is what comes with being a program of this caliber. I think Texas will turn the corner sooner than later but it's going to be very difficult for them to ever equal Kansas.

Chiefspants 05-21-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9698726)

Yeah, no one is ever unseating MU as our central rival.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-21-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9699421)
Yeah, no one is ever unseating MU as our priemere rival.

LMAO We don't have a rival in the Big 12, never have. Not a real rival anyway.

I always hoped we'd be in the same conference as UNC, UK and Duke. All the blue bloods in the same conference. I would JIMP and so would America. Best of the best always battling it out. Speechless.

Chiefspants 05-21-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9699435)
LMAO We don't have a rival in the Big 12, never have. Not a real rival anyway.

I always hoped we'd be in the same conference as UNC, UK and Duke. All the blue bloods in the same conference. I would JIMP and so would America. Best of the best always battling it out. Speechless.

In terms of performance, true, but AFH is an entirely different animal when MU comes to town. I doubt I will ever see that type level of crazed passion and energy from that court again. No one can deny that MU's last game there was one of the most memorable games ever played in Lawrence, Kansas.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-21-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9699439)
In terms of performance, true, but AFH is an entirely different animal when MU comes to town. I doubt I will ever see that type level of crazed passion and energy from that court again. No one can deny that MU's last game there was one of the most memorable games ever played in Lawrence, Kansas.

It was a great game and all that jazz but it got old as the years went on. I think we were more of a rival to them because they wanted to beat the best while we just wanted to continue to embarrass the shit out of them. I'd rather play our level of competition in conference play (UNC, Duke, UK) than play MU or who we play now. Call me a nontraditionalist but I'd rather get prepared for winning national championships because that's what us blue bloods are all about. I wish the Big 12 was stronger.

In a perfect world...

Chiefspants 05-22-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9699445)
It was a great game and all that jazz but it got old as the years went on. I think we were more of a rival to them because they wanted to beat the best while we just wanted to continue to embarrass the shit out of them. I'd rather play our level of competition in conference play (UNC, Duke, UK) than play MU or who we play now. Call me a nontraditionalist but I'd rather get prepared for winning national championships because that's what us blue bloods are all about. I wish the Big 12 was stronger.

In a perfect world...

Oh, and I completely agree with you. I would have accepted an invitation to the ACC in a heartbeat had they come calling. As many have pointed out, as amazing as nine straight conference championships are, at some point it starts saying just as much about the conference as it does about the team.

In a perfect world, it would be amazing to be in a conference as you're describing, but since we've signed our rights away to the Big 12 for the immediate future, that type of fantasy will not come to pass any time soon.

And if I have to choose between the teams in the Big 12 or the history we have against MU, I'm definitely picking MU.

Ultra Peanut 05-22-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9697982)
I think you guys here get it, but don't expect a lot from Tarik. The extrapolation above is funny. Memphis was very thin inside, and were counting on Tarik to anchor inside and play 30+ minutes a game. Unfortunately, between foul trouble, poor play and questionable attitude issues, he wasn't available for more than the 20 minutes a game. I'm guessing that's all Self is going to ask of him. You'll wonder why he doesn't rebound better and impact the game more than he does though as you watch him play.

THE Tarik Black Experience!

http://i.minus.com/ibyNsMZMhpnEd8.gif

It was SO CONFOUNDING and I DON'T GET IT and aanngfngugfgh

Prison Bitch 05-22-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9699421)
Yeah, no one is ever unseating MU as our central rival.

Oh no, you're one of those losers aren't you? God I wish our fanbase could just be done with your types wanting to live in the past. The relationship was crap and its over dude, let it go. She was a pyscho anyway.

Mr. Plow 05-22-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9699822)
Oh no, you're one of those losers aren't you? God I wish our fanbase could just be done with your types wanting to live in the past. The relationship was crap and its over dude, let it go. She was a pyscho anyway.

LMAO

It's going to happen again, get used to it.

saphojunkie 05-22-2013 10:12 AM

Kentucky is our best shot at a real rival now. This could be the third time in six years that Self faces calipari in the national title game. Although I'd be much happier watching them lose in the first round of the NIT tournament again.

Mr. Laz 05-22-2013 10:16 AM

Rivalries are overrated

give me domination,titles and NC's

Chiefspants 05-22-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9699822)

ROFL I'm the one that needs to let it go?

http://i78.servimg.com/u/f78/11/05/56/42/screen10.png

http://i78.servimg.com/u/f78/11/05/56/42/screen11.png

Oh, and....

Mr. Plow 05-22-2013 12:11 PM

LMAO

Prison Bitch 05-22-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9699985)
Kentucky is our best shot at a real rival now. This could be the third time in six years that Self faces calipari in the national title game. Although I'd be much happier watching them lose in the first round of the NIT tournament again.

That sounds like something a Mizzou fan would say. Rivalries require regular matchups and Kentucky isn't someone we face regularly. I suppose at this point it's KSU although both sports right now is a waste of time.

Texas was looking like they might step up but that was short-lived. We just play in a bad hoops league, I'd kill to play in the ACC.

ArrowheadHawk 05-27-2013 01:02 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SvyOU7Rbxt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefs Pantalones 05-27-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9712529)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SvyOU7Rbxt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was about to post this. ****ing awesome. It'll never stop.

Mr. Plow 05-27-2013 08:05 PM

I like the tiny ass white kid trying to guard Wiggins at the 6:45 mark.

LMAO

Ceej 05-27-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9713246)
I like the tiny ass white kid trying to guard Wiggins at the 6:45 mark.

LMAO

You and I are catching a game this year, old man.

Shogun 05-27-2013 08:06 PM

In?

Mr. Plow 05-27-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9713250)
You and I are catching a game this year, old man.

I'm planning on bringing the boys up to one at some point. We'll get it planned.

Ceej 05-27-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9713265)
I'm planning on bringing the boys up to one at some point. We'll get it planned.

Just let me know.

We also need to plan on another Topeka get together.

Mr. Plow 05-27-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9713267)
Just let me know.

We also need to plan on another Topeka get together.

Once schedule is out, we'll get them planned. I'll be up next Friday unless something odd happens & then I'll be in Lawrence in late July.

Ceej 05-27-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9713271)
Once schedule is out, we'll get them planned. I'll be up next Friday unless something odd happens & then I'll be in Lawrence in late July.

I will start training now.

Ping pong on the wii.

Mr. Plow 05-27-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9713283)
I will start training now.

Ping pong on the wii.

I'm sure you need all the practice you can get.

DOMINATION!

teedubya 05-28-2013 10:39 AM

Without the Jayhawks, I'd be a sad, bitter KC sports fan.

Mr. Laz 05-29-2013 11:01 AM

WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2013

KU coach Bill Self confirms SMU’s Jerrance Howard likely to replace Joe Dooley

'Nothing officially has been done,' Self tells Journal-World

By Gary Bedore

Illinois head coach Bruce Weber, left, and assistant coach Jerrance Howard watch from the sidlines during the second half of a game against Michigan in this 2012 Associated Press file photo. Though nothing is official, Howard is likely to replace Kansas University assistant coach Joe Dooley, KU coach Bill Self confirmed Wednesday.

It looks as if SMU assistant basketball coach Jerrance Howard will replace Joe Dooley as full-time assistant on Bill Self's Kansas University basketball staff.

Self confirmed to the Journal-World on Wednesday that he and Howard "have talked seriously the last few days, but nothing officially has been done."

"If everything comes true, it's what I'll do," Self added, in terms of hiring Howard.

ESPN's Jason King tweeted Wednesday morning, "SMU's Jerrance Howard has verbally agreed to an offer to become an assistant head coach at Kansas under Bill Self, sources told ESPN."

Howard, who played for Self at Illinois, was a four-year letterwinner for the Fighting Illini from 2000-04. He was hired by SMU coach Larry Brown on April 27, 2012.

"Jerrance came highly recommended by Kansas coach Bill Self as a person that would be able to help us build SMU to national prominence as we move into the Big East," Brown said at the time.

Previously, Howard spent five years as an assistant coach at Illinois. Before that, he served three years as director of basketball operations for coach Billy Gillispie at Kentucky and Texas A&M.

Paperwork generally is extensive in hirings at athletic departments, meaning Howard's hiring will likely be announced sometime Wednesday or Thursday.

"We hope to have someone soon," Self said, referring to an official replacement for Dooley.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-29-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9713992)
Without the Jayhawks, I'd be a sad, bitter KC sports fan.

Even with the Jayhawks I am. :redface:

Mr_Tomahawk 05-31-2013 09:21 AM

KUsports.com‏@KUsports5m
KU’s Doc Sadler accepts assistant coaching position at Iowa State: http://ljw.bz/10EtGUP

Bambi 05-31-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9721568)
KUsports.com‏@KUsports5m
KU’s Doc Sadler accepts assistant coaching position at Iowa State: http://ljw.bz/10EtGUP

Good for him. Can't wait to kick his ass.

Bambi 06-06-2013 12:19 PM

Hicks are butthurt

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=134577

DanBecky 06-06-2013 03:43 PM

KU signed an extension with adidas today through 2019. Although I think Nike is more appealing than adidas to high school recruits, I don't really have a problem with this. I know it shouldn't matter but I think it definately factors into a recruits decision. Not Wiggins though!

CoMoChief 06-06-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 9733514)
KU signed an extension with adidas today through 2019. Although I think Nike is more appealing than adidas to high school recruits, I don't really have a problem with this. I know it shouldn't matter but I think it definately factors into a recruits decision. Not Wiggins though!

I hate this.

Nike just trumps Adidas in basketball apparel and shoes.

You're right ...it shouldn't matter, but it does - which is why I care enough to not like this decision. I mean Self's not going to have a problem recruiting either way...or shouldn't, but having Nike as your brand would help, and def wouldn't hurt being that basketball has been directly correlated to basketball since the days of MJ.

HolyHandgernade 06-06-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9733532)
I hate this.

Nike just trumps Adidas in basketball apparel and shoes.

You're right ...it shouldn't matter, but it does - which is why I care enough to not like this decision. I mean Self's not going to have a problem recruiting either way...or shouldn't, but having Nike as your brand would help, and def wouldn't hurt being that basketball has been directly correlated to basketball since the days of MJ.

I think its overblown. We could be one of many schools with Nike, but with Adidas, we're their basketball flagship school. They fully fund all of our teams, both men and women, with their uniforms and gear.

Nike may be top dog in the basketball world, but with UNC, Duke and UK already there, we don't get nearly the deal or notoriety within the organization.

Prison Bitch 06-06-2013 04:01 PM

Zenger said at a luncheon I was at that Adidas treats KU basketball like royalty and any extra amount we'd get elsewhere would be minimal at best, without destroying a good relationship. Said it's not worth it to KU. That was about a year ago so this doesn't surprsie me.

CoMoChief 06-06-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9733568)
Zenger said at a luncheon I was at that Adidas treats KU basketball like royalty and any extra amount we'd get elsewhere would be minimal at best, without destroying a good relationship. Said it's not worth it to KU. That was about a year ago so this doesn't surprsie me.

Well I'd imagine that Adidas pays out the ass to KU.

I get why it's this way, I just wish it was w/ Nike instead.

Love any adidas running shoe over Nike though.

Bambi 06-06-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9733606)

Don't piss on the man!

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecac.../blogs/rg3.jpg

Bambi 06-06-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9733550)
I think its overblown. We could be one of many schools with Nike, but with Adidas, we're their basketball flagship school. They fully fund all of our teams, both men and women, with their uniforms and gear.

Nike may be top dog in the basketball world, but with UNC, Duke and UK already there, we don't get nearly the deal or notoriety within the organization.

Shifts happen. Both schools in the NC game were Adidas. The "Rise to the Occasion" shirts sold millions.

Prison Bitch 06-06-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9733606)

He said they don't ever bug KU about doing crazy-ass prints or zubazz nonsense. They know KU is too traditional for that.

So imagine my surprise when that was unveiled this March for the Big 12 tourney. Egads.

ArrowheadHawk 06-06-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9733660)
He said they don't ever bug KU about doing crazy-ass prints or zubazz nonsense. They know KU is too traditional for that.

So imagine my surprise when that was unveiled this March for the Big 12 tourney. Egads.

It was in the contract that they had to wear it once. That is all they did.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-06-2013 07:20 PM

This team is so ****ing stacked.

I get a chubby every time I read the OP.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-06-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9734302)
This team is so ****ing stacked.

I get a chubby every time I read the OP.

It's gonna be another great season.

Bambi 06-06-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9733821)
It was in the contract that they had to wear it once. That is all they did.

They only wore the whites. You could't even tell. That's so KU... even when they're getting dissed they still come out on top.

RustShack 06-07-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9721590)
Good for him. Can't wait to kick his ass.

Beat him sure, kick his ass... No. Lose to him also, probably.

ArrowheadHawk 06-07-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9735326)

Rust, better hope your team is a lot better than last year. This KU team is going to be sick!

Bambi 06-07-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9735326)

Has KU ever lost to Iowa State?

Mr. Laz 06-07-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9735525)
Has KU ever lost to Iowa State?

pretty sure they have

3/4 years ago @Hilton?

Prison Bitch 06-07-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9734436)
It's gonna be another great season.

For some reason, I'm about as cautious as I've been in quite some time. I feel a lot like I did in 2000 and 2006 when we brought in unreal classes but had little up top as upperclassmen. Both times we really struggled. People laugh at guys like Kevin Young and Brady Morningstar but those guys matter and they help you win at this level.

Hopefully Wiggins cancels out a lot of historical truths about young players, as Kentucky did a couple years ago (but which proved the truth last year)