ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

WhawhaWhat 08-14-2013 06:47 PM

Pete Grathoff ‏@pgrathoff
Kyle Zimmer is out of the game after two scoreless innings for NW Arkansas. Trying to determine why. #Royals

Sure-Oz 08-14-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9885744)
Kyle Zimmer is out of the game after two scoreless innings for NW Arkansas. Trying to determine why. #Royals

Please be illness

penbrook 08-14-2013 06:50 PM

Dayton Moore tells the KC media they can expect Bonifacio to play 2nd and 3rd."

Nightfyre 08-14-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9885744)

Maybe they'll move him to AAA - Duffy to Majors - Johnson - DFA

penbrook 08-14-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9885775)
Maybe they'll move him to AAA - Duffy to Majors - Johnson - DFA

Duffy is pitching Friday when we have the doubleheader.

Brianfo 08-14-2013 08:20 PM

As a lifelong Royals fan, today was a heart breaker. Unfortunately, I think our goose is cooked. It was a long shot anyway, but a fun ride. Todays game was a must win. Santana does what he does and we have ample opportunities to score runs. At some point the offense has to win a few games. Elliot Johnson at 3b is a travesty. For that matter any time Elliot and Getz are in the lineup, raise the white flag. I kind of feel bad for both of them, because one of them is gone tomorrow and it was probably their last chance.

Hosmer had two chances today, to blow the game open. He didn't deliver. If youre gonna point fingers, he needs one pointed at him.

This 5 game series at Detroit is probably the biggest series the Royals have played in the last 28 years. They know it, we know it, and I don't think it will end well.

We now have to absolutely take 3/5. Anything less and we come home home 6 games out of the wild card with 5 teams in front of us. Aint happening.

Make me believe again.

siberian khatru 08-14-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 9885978)
As a lifelong Royals fan, today was a heart breaker. Unfortunately, I think our goose is cooked. It was a long shot anyway, but a fun ride. Todays game was a must win. Santana does what he does and we have ample opportunities to score runs. At some point the offense has to win a few games. Elliot Johnson at 3b is a travesty. For that matter any time Elliot and Getz are in the lineup, raise the white flag. I kind of feel bad for both of them, because one of them is gone tomorrow and it was probably their last chance.

Hosmer had two chances today, to blow the game open. He didn't deliver. If youre gonna point fingers, he needs one pointed at him.

This 5 game series at Detroit is probably the biggest series the Royals have played in the last 28 years. They know it, we know it, and I don't think it will end well.

We now have to absolutely take 3/5. Anything less and we come home home 6 games out of the wild card with 5 teams in front of us. Aint happening.

Make me believe again.

Great post

Brianfo 08-14-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9885989)
Great post

I know you wake up with the royals every day like I do. Baseball is America. Let's do this.

C3HIEF3S 08-14-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 9885978)

Make me believe again.

Yep, good post.
I would like to add Gordon to the finger pointing too.
0-5 with 5 LOB isn't going to cut it (Hosmer 2-5, 2 2b, 6 LOB)

Discuss Thrower 08-14-2013 08:36 PM

Well it was fun while it lasted.

siberian khatru 08-14-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 9885995)
I know you wake up with the royals every day like I do. Baseball is America. Let's do this.

I live 1,000 miles from KC. I wake up at 6 every morning and turn 810 WHB on my phone to listen to The Border Patrol discuss the previous night's game. I listen to the pre-game show driving home from work. I listen to the 810 and 610 post-game shows.

This ride's been great fun. Hate to see it end.

Brianfo 08-14-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 9886003)
Yep, good post.
I would like to add Gordon to the finger pointing too.
0-5 with 5 LOB isn't going to cut it (Hosmer 2-5, 2 2b, 6 LOB)

I agree to a certain extent. Gordon resigned with this team and he's a player. Hosmer never will. He's a boras client and he's gonna be a star. Look forward to him playing his twilight years in New York or California. Game is broken and needs fixed.

penbrook 08-14-2013 08:47 PM

Naturals manager Brian Poldberg said Kyle Zimmer was pulled because he was complaining of "stiffness," and they were being extra cautious.

Brianfo 08-14-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9886010)
I live 1,000 miles from KC. I wake up at 6 every morning and turn 810 WHB on my phone to listen to The Border Patrol discuss the previous night's game. I listen to the pre-game show driving home from work. I listen to the 810 and 610 post-game shows.

This ride's been great fun. Hate to see it end.

I'm afraid it has my friend. You just never know. Made me believe again, and I took my family to 4 games. Went to opening day at the K and July 3/4. My kids are into it and it's priceless.

Deberg_1990 08-14-2013 08:50 PM

I still maintain they hang around some ams probably end up winning 80-85 games. 3rd place.
Posted via Mobile Device

siberian khatru 08-14-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9886044)
Naturals manager Brian Poldberg said Kyle Zimmer was pulled because he was complaining of "stiffness," and they were being extra cautious.

I'm heading to the highest bridge.

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 09:01 PM

Dear God guys! Come on! Should we have won this series? Yeah. But let's be realistic here, it would have been impossible to win EVERY series from the all-star break on. This team is capable of winning a lot of games still and we have a lot of baseball left! We're a little dinged up right now but I still feel very confident in this group. Hell, maybe losing a series to the fraking marlins is what this team needs to wake up and realize wins aren't gonna just fall in their laps. Let's cut the negativity and ride this mofo out! What else do we got to do?!!!

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 9886083)
Dear God guys! Come on! Should we have won this series? Yeah. But let's be realistic here, it would have been impossible to win EVERY series from the all-star break on. This team is capable of winning a lot of games still and we have a lot of baseball left! We're a little dinged up right now but I still feel very confident in this group. Hell, maybe losing a series to the fraking marlins is what this team needs to wake up and realize wins aren't gonna just fall in their laps. Let's cut the negativity and ride this mofo out! What else do we got to do?!!!

Lose a series to Boston, Detroit, Baltimore? Fine. This was unacceptable. We have missed two golden opportunities the past two days. If we just don't play terrible we win them and are sitting 3 games back of both wildcard spots and are ahead of all the other contenders.

Instead we are 5 back of both spots and only 0.5 ahead of the freaking Yankees. Add in the fact that the biggest series we have had since 1985 is shaping up to be an absolute disaster, well, it's hard to stay positive right now.

If we don't make the playoffs it is likely by just a few games and these past two turds will be the first ones that we think of on our couch watching the Chiefs matriculate 5 yards at a time instead of watching playoff baseball.

C3HIEF3S 08-14-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9886105)
Lose a series to Boston, Detroit, Baltimore? Fine. This was unacceptable. We have missed two golden opportunities the past two days. If we just don't play terrible we win them and are sitting 3 games back of both wildcard spots and are ahead of all the other contenders.

Instead we are 5 back of both spots and only 0.5 ahead of the freaking Yankees. Add in the fact that the biggest series we have had since 1985 is shaping up to be an absolute disaster, well, it's hard to stay positive right now.

****ing this.
Perfect post.

SPATCH 08-14-2013 09:11 PM

When does Moose come back?

Al Bundy 08-14-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9886044)

Steven Davis ‏@Steven_Davis3 5m

.@nwanaturals pitcher Kyle Zimmer taken out after 2 innings as a precaution after feeling arm stiffness

Today was a GREAT day for us Royals fans.

C3HIEF3S 08-14-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9886111)
When does Moose come back?

If I remember correctly Vernier said that Moose might be able to pinch hit if needed for the Tigers series. Doesn't really answer the question, but that's all I know.

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9886105)

If we don't make the playoffs it is likely by just a few games and these past two turds will be the first ones that we think of on our couch watching the Chiefs matriculate 5 yards at a time instead of watching playoff baseball.

I totally understand and agree fully. I just can't give up. And I don't mean that in some weird, homeristic, tears in my eyes, chokin' up kind of way... I seriously feel that we're capable of taking three from Detroit. If we get swept or win only one game then I may throw in the towel, but I'm just not gonna say it's over yet.

SPATCH 08-14-2013 09:18 PM

Honestly, though... 22 games ago if someone would have said we would go on a 17-5 run I would have been ecstatic. Looking back, I'm not really going to trip about where those losses came from.

We just need to regroup.

C3HIEF3S 08-14-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 9886120)
I totally understand and agree fully. I just can't give up. And I don't mean that in some weird, homeristic, tears in my eyes, chokin' up kind of way... I seriously feel that we're capable of taking three from Detroit. If we get swept or win only one game then I may throw in the towel, but I'm just not gonna say it's over yet.

I can see where you're coming from. With a full, healthy lineup I would be right there with you, but not with our current players out. I'm trying to remain as optimistic as possible, but this series tomorrow is HUGE and if these past 2 games are any indication of anything, ouch.

These injuries, if they haven't already, are going to just kill us though, I think. Lorenzo Cain is a nearly irreplaceable glove in CF, Moustakas is miles better than anyone we trot out at the 3b position until he is back, and Tejada's injury kills for obvious reasons at 2nd.

I probably just pointed out obvious things, but i'm still trying to get over this ****ing series. I just don't think, that with our current lineup, we are that big of a threat to the Tigers. BUT, maybe our pitching can carry the team like they have for most of the year, who knows.

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9886127)
Honestly, though... 22 games ago if someone would have said we would go on a 17-5 run I would have been ecstatic. Looking back, I'm not really going to trip about where those losses came from.

We just need to regroup.

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm trying to say. Sure, we really crapped out with this series but I just feel anything is possible with this team.

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 9886140)
I can see where you're coming from. With a full, healthy lineup I would be right there with you, but not with our current players out. I'm trying to remain as optimistic as possible, but this series tomorrow is HUGE and if these past 2 games are any indication of anything, ouch.

These injuries, if they haven't already, are going to just kill us though, I think. Lorenzo Cain is a nearly irreplaceable glove in CF, Moustakas is miles better than anyone we trot out at the 3b position until he is back, and Tejada's injury kills for obvious reasons at 2nd.

I probably just pointed out obvious things, but i'm still trying to get over this ****ing series. I just don't think, that with our current lineup, we are that big of a threat to the Tigers. BUT, maybe our pitching can carry the team like they have for most of the year, who knows.

You're absolutely right. If anything does us in it's gonna be these ridiculously untimely injuries.

penbrook 08-14-2013 09:36 PM

We need Moose and Cain back ASAP. Plus get a second baseman from FA. Perhaps a Ryan Theriot.

SPATCH 08-14-2013 10:09 PM

Hell, I'd take Brandon Inge at this point. He hasn't batted worth a shit for a while, but at least he's got a history of hacing some pop from the right side... idk

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 9886120)

I can't and haven't given up either. Back before they ever went on this stretch I made a post that they would be making a movie out of this season because I just had/have a feeling that something special is going to happen this season.

But as we sit right now it is really hard to see it happening. Obviously the Detroit series could be the rallying point that turns the tables and we finally catch up to them by doing it ourselves since we got no help all this time. But with all these injuries it could also put us in an impossible hole to get out of.

tk13 08-14-2013 10:12 PM

This upcoming series has far more weight than what happened today. No doubt today sucked hard though. But you can't call the season over after 1 bad game when the team's coming off a 17-3 stretch.

Great Expectations 08-14-2013 10:13 PM

The injuries suck, DM's response to them sucks worse

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9886231)
The injuries suck, DM's response to them sucks worse

That pretty much sums it up.

C3HIEF3S 08-14-2013 10:18 PM

I wish we would try Lough out in center, I think he could do it he has good speed. Then that opens us up to playing Maxwell in right and still have Lough in the lineup. Thoughts?

Someone mentioned either in a game thread or previously in this one, but it would go something as follows:

Vs RHP
Dyson- CF, Lough- RF

Vs LHP
Lough- CF, Maxwell- RF

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9886228)
I can't and haven't given up either. Back before they ever went on this stretch I made a post that they would be making a movie out of this season because I just had/have a feeling that something special is going to happen this season.

But as we sit right now it is really hard to see it happening. Obviously the Detroit series could be the rallying point that turns the tables and we finally catch up to them by doing it ourselves since we got no help all this time. But with all these injuries it could also put us in an impossible hole to get out of.

I do remember the movie post you made...that was good stuff!!! We'll call this series the "Bobby takes out Daniel's knee in the karate tournament and all hope is lost" point in the movie. Here's to a great ending Mr. Tegu!!! :clap:

NJChiefsFan 08-14-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9886127)

We just need to regroup.

It's baseball, anybody can beat anybody. Obviously when your margin is slim you don't want to throw away games, but even the worst teams usually win 60 games. You guys go nuts in this series and the last two games will be a distant memory.

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 9886241)
I wish we would try Lough out in center, I think he could do it he has good speed. Then that opens us up to playing Maxwell in right and still have Lough in the lineup. Thoughts?

Someone mentioned either in a game thread or previously in this one, but it would go something as follows:

Vs RHP
Dyson- CF, Lough- RF

Vs LHP
Lough- CF, Maxwell- RF

I hope so. We actually saw that briefly the other day when Dyson was pinch hit for by Maxwell. Lough moved to CF and Maxwell went into right. I hope they realize that what you wrote is the best option.

Brianfo 08-14-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 9886255)
I do remember the movie post you made...that was good stuff!!! We'll call this series the "Bobby takes out Daniel's knee in the karate tournament and all hope is lost" point in the movie. Here's to a great ending Mr. Tegu!!! :clap:

Really. Weak sauce.

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 9886273)
Really. Weak sauce.

Meh, what are you going to do? I tried to come up with one of the cheesiest examples I could think of.:D

CaliforniaChief 08-14-2013 11:12 PM

Alright, I move that Duncan starts a new Repository before tomorrow's series starts.

We're literally at rock bottom of mojo, and we're about to hit 10,000 posts in here anyways.

Opinions?

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9886321)
Alright, I move that Duncan starts a new Repository before tomorrow's series starts.

We're literally at rock bottom of mojo, and we're about to hit 10,000 posts in here anyways.

Opinions?

Would GMDM do it? If not then we must!

CaliforniaChief 08-14-2013 11:21 PM

GMDM would find a small but well-respected Repository that had been cast off from another site or had lay dormant for years without much use.

Such a repository would be fast to load, but would carry a really small rep stick.

So in other words, Duncan needs to bring us a bad-ass place where we can get our mojo back and beat the Tigers.

C3HIEF3S 08-14-2013 11:30 PM

Put me down for a new repository.

AussieChiefsFan 08-15-2013 12:09 AM

Division standings
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/15/e4u4egyg.jpg

1.5 game behind Cleveland now.

AussieChiefsFan 08-15-2013 12:10 AM

Wildcard race.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/15/pemy5atu.jpg

If we don't start winning again, NY will likely overtake us.

KC_Connection 08-15-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9885623)
You can never have enough guys in your lineup that can't hit but can run. :shake:

Not only can he not hit, he can't field either. I spent much of the 2013 Jays season making the argument that Emilio Bonifacio was perhaps the worst infielder I've ever seen put on a Jays uniform (until Maicer Izturis and his -2.3 WAR surpassed him in that regard). The fact that he was traded out of the organization was probably one of the high points of the season for me.

I don't know what Moore's plans for him are, but the Royals would probably be better off with some replacement level AAA guy in his spot instead.

Al Bundy 08-15-2013 06:00 AM

I guess that Zimmer leaving his game with arm stiffness last night doesn't bother anyone?

Mama Hip Rockets 08-15-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9886453)
I guess that Zimmer leaving his game with arm stiffness last night doesn't bother anyone?

We're in the middle of a playoff chase. Not really concerned about AA pitchers right now.

DeezNutz 08-15-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9886431)
I don't know what Moore's plans for him are, but the Royals would probably be better off with some replacement level AAA guy in his spot instead.

I don't know how many times since '06 I've either heard, read, or said the above. This is DM in a nutshell. Never underestimate his ability to **** up a ML roster.

Silock 08-15-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9886453)

He's not coming up this year, and maybe not even next. Get him surgery, move on.

Back to the MAJOR leagues . . .

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 06:53 AM

I can start a new repository today if that's the preference. Seems like any mojo we were worried about slipped between Elliot Johnson's legs yesterday.

Dayton Moore's biggest issue, by far, is his extreme loyalty to bad baseball players and willingness to keep rostering them despite complete proof they are shitty.

Jeff Francoeur
Chris Getz
Ross Gload
Hiram Davies
Luke Hochevar
Horacio Ramirez
etc.

I think the only reason Johnson has survived this long is that he is the only guy on the team who can play SS other than Escobar.

Maybe with Bonifacio, that changes.

I know Bonifacio was terrible with Toronto this year. But he at least has some upside and success in his recent past.

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9886460)
He's not coming up this year, and maybe not even next. Get him surgery, move on.

Back to the MAJOR leagues . . .

If Zimmer doesn't have surgery, there's an excellent chance he's in the Royals rotation at some point next season. Possibly even out of spring training.

Silock 08-15-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886473)
If Zimmer doesn't have surgery, there's an excellent chance he's in the Royals rotation at some point next season. Possibly even out of spring training.

In whose place?

Shields, Guthrie, Duffy, Chen or Santana (hoping we re-sign him)? Paulino? It's not like we need bullpen help.

C3HIEF3S 08-15-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9886480)
In whose place?

Shields, Guthrie, Duffy, Chen or Santana (hoping we re-sign him)? Paulino? It's not like we need bullpen help.

My guess is Chen.

AndChiefs 08-15-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 9886481)
My guess is Chen.

If he pitches like he has the rest of the year? You go with him out of spring training and let him pitch himself out of the spot.

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9886480)
In whose place?

I wouldn't count on either Chen or Santana being part of the rotation next year. And it's highly possible Zimmer surpasses Duffy early next year.

Also, if you want to contend, you really need at least 7 starters you can go with and feel comfortable. We've seen this in 2013 with Bruce Chen having to step into the rotation.

Prison Bitch 08-15-2013 07:16 AM

Dayton's biggest problem is he can't make trades. he had the crown jewel of about the last 5 years in Zack, and he gets a shitty SS who hits exactly like Berroa & Neifi plus a decent (but totally one dimensional) CF who is always banged up. That's it.

Yeah, that's it. With in-house options that were free. So when he turns around and gets James Shields giving up a legit player in Wil Myers it only proves that he's a clown while Andrew Friedman isn't.

Silock 08-15-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886483)
I wouldn't count on either Chen or Santana being part of the rotation next year. And it's highly possible Zimmer surpasses Duffy early next year.

Also, if you want to contend, you really need at least 7 starters you can go with and feel comfortable. We've seen this in 2013 with Bruce Chen having to step into the rotation.

Maybe. But I doubt Dayton gives up on Davis in favor of Zimmer, even if Davis moves out of the rotation.

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9886516)
Maybe. But I doubt Dayton gives up on Davis in favor of Zimmer, even if Davis moves out of the rotation.

There's also the fact that if Zimmer has TJ now, he likely isn't back and ready to pitch until midseason 2015 at best. Possibly 2016.

KC's success beyond James Shields' contract relies on at least a few of KC's close-to-MLB starters (Danny Duffy, Will Smith, Yordano Ventura, Kyle Zimmer) being valued members of the rotation by that time.

SP depth for 2014 (assuming no Santana and no Chen)

1) James Shields
2) Jeremy Guthried
3) Danny Duffy
4) Wade Davis
5) Will Smith
6) Yordano Ventura
7) Kyle Zimmer

Considering that Davis, Smitha and Ventura are BIG question marks, Zimmer is important next season.

Silock 08-15-2013 07:56 AM

Well, hopefully, our run shows him and Glass that re-signing him and Santana would be a good business move.

We will come to the park if we have even a SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE team LMAO

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9886528)
Well, hopefully, our run shows him and Glass that re-signing him and Santana would be a good business move.

We will come to the park if we have even a SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE team LMAO

I'm not convinced signing Santana IS a good business move. It's probably going to take the same type of deal Anibal Sanchez received, which means 5 years, $80 million.

That's an incredibly risky deal for KC to commit to, in my opinion, considering the up-and-down nature of Santana's career.

Chen is much less risky. Wouldn't mind seeing them bring him back on a short-term deal, at all.