ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

the Talking Can 01-02-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9270441)
So we've gone from Pioli was in ATL because he set up those interviews before getting neutered to he's in Philly because nobody knows the team like he does.

no, we've gone from raising money in order to launch a promotional campaign intended to get pioli fired to deciding that it's fine if he stays because he isn't a cancer and maybe a decent GM really anyways....

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9270398)
Pioli is pretty good at the GM job. Everyone hates him because he was doing far more than being just the GM. Yeah he let Carr go, because he was smart enough to know you don't pay your #2 CB more than your #1. Other than that he did a great job of retaining guys like Charles, DJ, Hali, and Flowers. Just because we had the cap space, doesn't make it OK to throw out stupid contracts to a player that wanted to go play for his favorite team anyways.

Just because his role is reduced greatly, doesn't mean he isn't doing anything anymore. Most GM's don't have the kind of power he had, unless they also owned the team like Jerry Jones.

Clark Hunt will be more involved, as will the HC. It wont be Don Pioli anymore, just GM. It would be pretty similar to his role with Bill in NE when they won three Super Bowls together.

:spock:

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9270457)
Have no problem with him not being officially fired, yet. Have a serious problem with him being a part of the traveling circus that's interviewing candidates.

Dollars to doughnuts he's not interviewing. He's doing nothing but answering questions. He has to be so humiliated. ROFL

O.city 01-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9270463)
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

Hearing that IF Reid is hired, he will make the final call on future of Pioli. #chiefs

Great to know.

The Bad Guy 01-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9270444)
Chiefs are loaded with talent, and have a shit ton of cap space. Thats a good job by the GM. Coaching has been a problem, and thats something Pioli isn't going to be controlling anymore. Good coach and good QB, this is a good team.

I have faith in Clark delivering Reid and Geno.

Pretty similar to great OC/DC's not being good HC's. Pioli does some things well, he just can't do it all.

Loaded with talent?

Who gives a shit how much cap space you have when you finish last in the division 3 out of 4 years?

That's not a good job by the GM.

The GM's primary job is putting a winner on the field. Can't do it all? What scale do you grade on? This might be honestly the most absurd post on this board.

Forgive me for expecting the GM to put one legit QB on the roster, draft well and find not be on his 3rd head coach in 5 years.

dirk digler 01-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9270435)
C'mon, man.

We've heard stories for 4 years about how Pioli literally runs the Chiefs, down to the amount of copies made, the type of coffee, the access the media has to the pisser.

Do you honestly think Joel Collier or Ray Farmer have any ****ing stick around that place?

Collier was hand picked by Pioli and is a NE guy I have no doubt he knows what goes on.

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9270446)
Would you have your prior superior in the room, the same individual whom you've likened to Pioli?

Me? No - but you're screwing up the roles.

The person running that particular room isn't me - its our founding partner. And yes, I guarantee you that he would have my prior superior in the room for the next major decision.

Inertia is a powerful thing.

Like I said - I'd have fired Pioli and had Farmer there. But if Pioli is still in the organization, you have to have him in the room.

Deberg_1990 01-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9270463)
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

Hearing that IF Reid is hired, he will make the final call on future of Pioli. #chiefs

GTFO Pioli!
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9270461)
See post right above yours.

Don't buy it. Pioli isn't with Clark so that the latter can "keep an eye on him." That doesn't pass the common sense sniff test to me.

If he's that paranoid about Pioli and views him as that cancerous, he could take other measures: 1. Ban from Arrowhead. 2. Allow at Arrowhead with limited access to tech. and files. 3. Etc.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9270469)
Great to know.

It's what Clark has implied all along.

This isn't new news.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-02-2013 07:11 PM

I have to say....I REALLY want Reid hired as HC of this team.

the Talking Can 01-02-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9270455)
My guess is Clark is keeping Pioli close to his side because he doesn't want him out of his sight until the coach thing is done.

Imagine if Pioli was back in KC on the phones stirring up shit in the background making it hard for Clark to hire a guy?

If he is in the room with him, he knows where he is and what he is doing.

so clark is going to sleep with pioli, and accompany him everywhere till he hires someone...so he "knows where he is and what he is doing?"

any clue how dumb that sounds?

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 07:12 PM

Read all that shit and only one thing matters.

Clark met with Sir Walrus for 9 hours.

If Sir Walrus is hired, Pioli's media mouthpiece stated Pioli was out.

Warming up RoboCop NOW.

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9270444)
Chiefs are loaded with talent, and have a shit ton of cap space. Thats a good job by the GM. Coaching has been a problem, and thats something Pioli isn't going to be controlling anymore. Good coach and good QB, this is a good team.

I have faith in Clark delivering Reid and Geno.

Pretty similar to great OC/DC's not being good HC's. Pioli does some things well, he just can't do it all.

Wow.

Someone has lost all credibility with me around here, that's for damn sure.

This is just a completely insane statement. The Chiefs are comparable to the Cardinals...a 4-12 football team. They most assuredly are not 'loaded with talent' and dingle**** most assuredly did not play a major role in acquiring the meager talent they do have.

You're just flat-ass wrong here. Scott Pioli is a terrible GM.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9270470)
Loaded with talent?

Who gives a shit how much cap space you have when you finish last in the division 3 out of 4 years?

That's not a good job by the GM.

The GM's primary job is putting a winner on the field. Can't do it all? What scale do you grade on? This might be honestly the most absurd post on this board.

Forgive me for expecting the GM to put one legit QB on the roster, draft well and find not be on his 3rd head coach in 5 years.

Teams that are loaded with talent win more than 23 games in 4 years.

A LOT MORE.