ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Bump 01-23-2013 02:38 PM

so I'm downloading POE, excited to try it out when it starts. I left to go run errands and was at 30%, I come back. Some error and stopped downloading, have to do it all over. And at this rate it's going to take at least 10 hours.

Not off to a good start with this game.

Imon Yourside 01-23-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9344900)
so I'm downloading POE, excited to try it out when it starts. I left to go run errands and was at 30%, I come back. Some error and stopped downloading, have to do it all over. And at this rate it's going to take at least 10 hours.

Well it is a bad day to download the entire game, lots of traffic today.

Bump 01-23-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9344994)
Well it is a bad day to download the entire game, lots of traffic today.

ya, shoulda done it last night. But I had to re-install windows first and was too lazy to do it yesterday lol.

Imon Yourside 01-23-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9345079)
ya, shoulda done it last night. But I had to re-install windows first and was too lazy to do it yesterday lol.

Well it seems even better than I remember over the summer, but I have to leave for a few hours. I hit lvl 5 top lvl right now is 12 so i'm not too far behind yet.

jd1020 01-23-2013 05:02 PM

Better hurry up and get it downloaded or you aren't going to be the first to 100!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/71278

Mr. Laz 01-23-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9344900)

there are probably a ton of people downloading it

If i remember the download server is way slow compared to everything else.

Maybe they saved money for the game servers by going cheap/slow

htismaqe 01-23-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9341103)
only cuz you're a pussy

:D

Honestly it depends on how long/time consuming the game. Getting to Hell in DII didn't take too long, especially if you joined a group/rushed. Once you got to Hell you found out if you screwed up your build or not. It didn't take long to rebuild a character. Getting the character to level 90+ and doing MF runs is what took the time.

If a characters takes hundreds of hours then some kind of respec helps.

DII just was well done ... casual,hardcore,MF-ing,Trading,Crafting,PvP even a little PK'er danger to make life interesting.

I should clarify that I'm not really an advocate of a FULL respec mid-game. Kingdoms of Amalur was a little ridiculous in that you could play 20 levels as a warrior and then suddenly decide "I'm gonna use spells" and cook up a COMPLETELY different character.

It sure would be nice to be able to respec a few points here and there though. Like in Skyrim, I wish I could take those couple of points I put in 1-handed sword critical hits and use them elsewhere (since that perk is useless).

Bump 01-23-2013 05:25 PM

ya, not gonna play this game.

2nd time, got around the same amount downloaded. It was 2 hours and 36% and got this error

Error: could not resolve host name while downloading

then your only option is to click ok and then it exits and then you have to start over. **** it. I'm out.

Mr. Laz 01-23-2013 05:45 PM

wow ... 1.5 gigs even if you are already up-to-date on all the patches.

apparently completely downloading it all again

The Franchise 01-23-2013 05:48 PM

I'll wait until it dies down a little bit before I try downloading.

Bump 01-23-2013 05:51 PM

back to Diablo 3 I guess. It wont let me download.

Mr. Laz 01-23-2013 07:30 PM

My download went straight through the first time :shrug:

just starting a new female witch character called Manti Teos GF

maybe the monsters won't see me to attack :D

Setsuna 01-23-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9345703)
My download went straight through the first time :shrug:

just starting a new female witch character called Manti Teos GF

maybe the monsters won't see me to attack :D

ROFLROFL Playing it. This is my first time with this type of MMO. But I like it alot. Runs very smooth and looks great even on my ancient graphics card.

Mr. Laz 01-23-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9345745)
ROFLROFL Playing it. This is my first time with this type of MMO. But I like it alot. Runs very smooth and looks great even on my ancient graphics card.

The actually playing is just part of it.

The gigantic skill tree and crafting are a large part of it too.

Pants 01-23-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9345745)

I don't think it's an MMO. Is it an MMO?