ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

RustShack 05-20-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10642063)
Be prepared to be surprised. They will take Jabari Parker.

Actually rumor is that Parker has been at the top of their board all year... Now I don't know if it was our old GM, the new one, or both that had him there.

chiefzilla1501 05-20-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10641949)
What Cleveland needs is a HC who will run a fast paced high scoring offense. Both guys would be able to get their points, and winning cures all.

What the Cavs need is a coach who will keep some egos in check. Kyrie is a really talented player. But I really don't like his attitude, and I think Deng's criticism of the team is a huge indictment on a guy like Kyrie.

I think George Karl is the perfect guy for the team. If not, Hollins is supposed to be high on the list and he's not a terrible candidate.

chiefzilla1501 05-20-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10641854)
Well we are probably actually drafting Wiggins.

EDIT-

Duh Wiggins is a Jayhawk too. I'm fine with either though.

Wiggins is an interesting pick. He's a great character guy and he's a freakishly athlete. I talked to some guy who knows Wiggins' family well. The comment was that Wiggins could be among the game's elite… when he wants to be. That's the part that scares me. It's a great chance to take. He's going to be a great player. I wonder if he will have the consistent killer instinct to continually beat teams. Probably will, with the right coaching.

It will also be interesting to see if the Cavs make a run at LeBron. If they do, then suddenly, Parker and Wiggins are off their board. Unless they are considering moving one of them to Guard.

KC_Connection 05-20-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10642098)
Wiggins is an interesting pick. He's a great character guy and he's a freakishly athlete. I talked to some guy who knows Wiggins' family well. The comment was that Wiggins could be among the game's elite… when he wants to be. That's the part that scares me. It's a great chance to take. He's going to be a great player. I wonder if he will have the consistent killer instinct to continually beat teams. Probably will, with the right coaching.

It will also be interesting to see if the Cavs make a run at LeBron. If they do, then suddenly, Parker and Wiggins are off their board. Unless they are considering moving one of them to Guard.

Watch Wiggins' game against WVU this year when he was motivated. Unreal. The question will be whether he reaches the point where he can play like that consistently.

chiefzilla1501 05-20-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10642134)
Watch Wiggins' game against WVU this year when he was motivated. Unreal. The question will be whether he reaches the point where he can play like that consistently.

I agree. There were lots of games where the dude looked unstoppable. He almost seems too unselfish, and that's usually a good thing, but a guy that talented… I want to see him attack. All the time. If he's coached to be that kind of a killer, he's going to be something special. If he isn't, he's still going to be a terrific player.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-20-2014 08:46 PM

Cavs don't need another soft Canadian.

-King- 05-20-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10642134)

I doubt it. I just don't see him being a superstar in the league whereas I think Parker and Embiid can (provided Embiid stays healthy).

Deberg_1990 05-20-2014 09:29 PM

I feel like the Cavs win the draft lottery every year. Why are they so bad then?

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2014 09:32 PM

Just watch the Cavs take the kid from Australia.

KC_Connection 05-20-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10642149)
I doubt it. I just don't see him being a superstar in the league whereas I think Parker and Embiid can (provided Embiid stays healthy).

I think all three of them have that potential. If I had to pick a player #1, though, I don't think I could pass up on Embiid. Haven't ever seen anything quite like him when he was healthy.

-King- 05-20-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10642445)
I think all three of them have that potential. If I had to pick a player #1, though, I don't think I could pass up on Embiid. Haven't ever seen anything quite like him when he was healthy.

Yeah. A 7' player that moves like a small forward is just too good to pass up.

okcchief 05-20-2014 09:40 PM

I would definitely go Embiid.

Wiggins is a fantastic talent, and maybe in right situation he becomes a star. I think at minimum he's a very solid defender for a long time. Just not sold on him being an a franchise changing player.

ChiefsCountry 05-20-2014 09:41 PM

I kidded about Exum from Australia, but I think he could end up being just as good as the big names from the states.

okcchief 05-20-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10641960)
Cavs should break the bank for George Karl, but I don't think he'd be interested.

I think he wants to coach again. He could be worse off than what the Cavs have.

George Karl would be my pick if the Thunder by some miracle fired Brooks. I think he's enough of a players coach he wouldn't lose Russ and he has this thing that some of you NBA fans call a system :) I might as well talk about what color unicorn I'd like to fly.

KevB 05-20-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10642445)

Agreed. If his back checks out, I'd be surprised if he wasn't the top pick. Especially with a scoring point guard --- having a big that can change the game defensively is huge. And he has a developing offensive game. Pick and roll with he and Kyrie could be really nice. It's a small man's game now, but having a dominant big is still a game changer.

The only counter is that the Cavs have had a gigantic hole at small forward since LeBron left. They traded for Deng, but not much help there. The Cavs have some interesting bigs, notsomuch at SF.