ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Enough’s enough: Clark Hunt must make major changes now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264469)

the Talking Can 10-01-2012 09:10 AM

nobody with any self-respect or ambition wants to work with a ****-tard like pioli...

htismaqe 10-01-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estron (Post 8966404)
As Old Frank pointed out last night on TV, how are you going to get a reputable head coach, or even a decent one, to come to Kansas City?

Why would a man who knows what he's doing and wants to lead a winner even consider this team? He'd hear the offer and say, "Really, Kansas City? The town is boring, the owner is chintzy, there's very little chance of national exposure, and the guys on ChiefsPlanet would be wishing me violent death in a hundred ways from the day I signed the contract. No freakin' way."

Why would you come to Kansas City?

Because if you turn it around and win it all, especially if you do it with your own drafted QB, would make you a GOD ON EARTH and all but pave your way to the PFHOF.

htismaqe 10-01-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8966414)
nobody with any self-respect or ambition wants to work with a ****-tard like pioli...

Nope.

Firing Pioli is an absolute necessity at this point.

Estron 10-01-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8966418)
Because if you turn it around and win it all, especially if you do it with your own drafted QB, would make you a GOD ON EARTH and all but pave your way to the PFHOF.

Maybe it would in New York or Chicago, but doing it in Kansas City would mean little to anyone outside of Chiefs fandom. Who, except a Chiefs fan or a football historian, remembers Hank Stram?

The only people who give a flying fig for anything Kansas City are Kansas Citians.

Molitoth 10-01-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estron (Post 8966466)
Maybe it would in New York or Chicago, but doing it in Kansas City would mean little to anyone outside of Chiefs fandom. Who, except a Chiefs fan or a football historian, remembers Hank Stram?

The only people who give a flying fig for anything Kansas City are Kansas Citians.

Green Bay is a well respected team, as are the Steelers.

2 small market teams with the most super bowls and a ton of bandwagon fans.

PRIEST 10-01-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8966419)
Nope.

Firing Pioli is an absolute necessity at this point.

This

buddha 10-01-2012 10:01 AM

As long as the Hunts make money on the Chiefs, why should they care. That family showed time and time again that they'd be pleased if the Chiefs won, just as long as they did it with a very low payroll. The Chiefs are the laughing stock of the NFL. The sad thing is that KC still has better talent than several other teams we could name but nobody underchieves like KC.

I agree with Mellinger. There needs to be a major league house cleaning and it starts at the top.

Brock 10-01-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estron (Post 8966404)
As Old Frank pointed out last night on TV, how are you going to get a reputable head coach, or even a decent one, to come to Kansas City?

Why would a man who knows what he's doing and wants to lead a winner even consider this team? He'd hear the offer and say, "Really, Kansas City? The town is boring, the owner is chintzy, there's very little chance of national exposure, and the guys on ChiefsPlanet would be wishing me violent death in a hundred ways from the day I signed the contract. No freakin' way."

I don't care about "reputable". What this team needs is a young guy who wants to plant his own flag, not a retread.

ILChief 10-01-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8966564)
I don't care about "reputable". What this team needs is a young guy who wants to plant his own flag, not a retread.

Todd Haley says hello

ChiTown 10-01-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8966564)

Hello?/Toad Haley ;)

No, what this team needs is a GM that has a ****ing clue, who can hire and lead with a good Coach.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-01-2012 10:23 AM

I ****ing LOVE Mellinger.

Brock 10-01-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8966576)
Hello?/Toad Haley ;)

No, what this team needs is a GM that has a ****ing clue, who can hire and lead with a good Coach.

A new GM goes without saying. Would also prefer a young coach who isn't insane.

Brock 10-01-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8966574)
Todd Haley says hello

So does Jim Harbaugh, Ken Whisenhunt, Gary Kubiak, Sean Payton, and Mike McCarthy.

htismaqe 10-01-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estron (Post 8966466)

Outside of Chiefs fandom?

First of all, winning it all would galvanize the people INSIDE Chiefs fandom. That alone would feed ANYBODY'S ego. Taking a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 20 years to the Super Bowl would be epic in KC.

And god forbid you could build a dynasty. Ask New England about national exposure.

Skyy God 10-01-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8966164)
They only needed to lose ONE more. They lost that freaking coin flip or whatever it was...

Even then, you can still trade with the Rams for the 2nd pick. Coin flip's no excuse.