ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey agrees to be the Chiefs next GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268810)

Window Licking Whiner 01-12-2013 09:53 PM

This is great news. Got to give it to hunt, in the lowest point that I've seen in the fan base, he has found a way to reinvigorate us. Go Chiefs!

RealSNR 01-12-2013 09:53 PM

Geno Smith

SAUTO 01-12-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9311873)
The big point I'm trying to make is... do you blame the scouts for making this pick? Because I'm sure Pioli made this pick armed with clear information about Moeaki's injury history, but he made the pick anyway. So again... was Pioli given bad information from the scouts? Or was he making horrendous decisions off of good information?

I'll compare this to a business. I've seen brilliant researchers who feed reports to VPs who make shitty decisions with good information. It would be foolish to fire your entire research department. Many of those guys' information will turn out to be great if they handed it off to a VP who knew what to do with it.

Or did the scouts claim the skills were enough that the injury history would be worth the risk
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy 01-12-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9311856)
The Chiefs traded up to select Moeaki while Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez were still on the board.

It was a stpid pick, made even more stupid by the fact that he did trade up to make it.

You can't use the he's talented but hurt as defense for the pick when the guy couldn't stay healthy in college. It was an awful pick when you factor in the history, the cost and the players on the board.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9311904)
Or did the scouts claim the skills were enough that the injury history would be worth the risk
Posted via Mobile Device

Given the Ferentz connection and Pioli's boner for finding Patriot Way players, which includes a TE who can block/catch and play in 2 TE sets, I'm going to chalk this up as a clear Pioli pick.

The Bad Guy 01-12-2013 09:57 PM

Just wait until the Mc****ster lovers compare him to Randall Cobb.

KChiefs1 01-12-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9311762)
This new dynamic is wasting NO time, head coach wrapped up far before anyone else, general manager wrapped up way early...

The speed with which change has taken place is heartwarming, Clark has once again shown he definitely has the stones to swing for the fences... "one supposedly brilliant mind couldnt get it done, well then this time i'll get TWO"

THIS can potentially build the Pittsburgh West kind of team that Clark and most everyone else envisioned ***** accomplishing... btw, his "scouting" was pure garbage.

/swoons for the excitement of 2013

It's more the Packer model they are working for.

Mother****erJones 01-12-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9311914)
You can't use the he's talented but hurt as defense for the pick when the guy couldn't stay healthy in college. It was an awful pick when you factor in the history, the cost and the players on the board.

Another arrogant jackass pick and not listening to scouts im sure. Pick one of my guys players and outsmart people hahaha NOPE! 3 TEs are better that were picked after

milkman 01-12-2013 09:58 PM

You, zilla, are the kind of guy, that if someone bakes a cake, then frosts it with mud, you scrape the mud off the top and eat the cake, right?

BullJunkandIron 01-12-2013 09:58 PM

Give ****** some credit he got this culture of excellence rolling.

Saccopoo 01-12-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9311843)
I don't have a problem with the Moeaki pick. He's talented, he's just injury prone. lots of players get drafted later than they should because of injuries, you just hope they get over it, and a lot do. TM hasn't been able to shake the injuries, but I have no problem with him as a player or the pick. I do have a big problem with the 1st nd 2nd round picks that have been wasted under *****.

The problem with the Moeaki pick was that Pioli traded up eight spots to get him while Dennis Pitta (who looked great tonight against the Doncos), Aaron Hernandez AND Moeaki were still on the board. One of those guys was going to be available without the trade up.

And that was the second time he cost us picks in moving up for a tight end.

Pioli was a ****ing moron.

aturnis 01-12-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

"@kcmetrosports: Metro Sports Zone with @bradkporter is coming up at 10pm. Hear from the New #Chiefs GM and if he feels ready. CH30/1310HD on TWC"
Someone capture/record it...

Don't care if it's a repost.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9311935)
You, zilla, are the kind of guy, that if someone bakes a cake, then frosts it with mud, you scrape the mud off the top and eat the cake, right?

I am the type of person who asks... if the baker made a good cake, and ***** added mud frost at the end, I'm not going to fire the baker for *****'s stupid decision.

I've been very consistent about not scapegoating. You know I took a lot of shit for crediting Herm with bold personnel moves. And I know you agree with me on the point that Haley was never allowed to develop into a coach he could have been, and maybe there was upside in him. In both cases... I said Pioli and Carl were the cancers. Same deal... just because ***** was a trainwreck, think it's reckless for us to assume every single person in this organization was incompetent. There's probably a lot of very, very good people that would thrive under the right leadership.

The Bad Guy 01-12-2013 10:05 PM

Apparently Metro Sports is going to have an interview with Dorsey on tonight. I don't live in KC, can someone pull that video?

DeezNutz 01-12-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9311947)
I am the type of person who asks... if the baker made a good cake, and ***** added mud frost at the end, I'm not going to fire the baker for *****'s stupid decision.

I've been very consistent about not scapegoating. You know I took a lot of shit for crediting Herm with bold personnel moves. And I know you agree with me on the point that Haley was never allowed to develop into a coach he could have been, and maybe there was upside in him. In both cases... I said ***** and Carl were the cancers. Same deal... just because ***** was a trainwreck, think it's reckless for us to assume every single person in this organization was incompetent. There's probably a lot of very, very good people that would thrive under the right leadership.

If someone is dumb enough to frost a cake with mud, you'll excuse our skepticism in this dumb ****'s acumen in selecting a baker.

My guess is that in trying to find the baker, he ended up at a whore house, where he paid $75 dollars for a bag of brownie mix and never got the happy ending because the cops showed up.