ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL's salary cap now projected to be about $130 million (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281594)

htismaqe 02-28-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10458815)
Why would Bowe turn it down?

Why would Bowe want to talk about his contract at all?

BossChief 02-28-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10458819)

Hey Dwayne, we are just gonna pay you up front for the whole years games checks...you ok with that?

That's all a restructure is, from the players perspective.

chiefzilla1501 02-28-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 104587)
We absolutely should, IMO.

If its locked at 133, that gives us about 11 worth of space. Count the 2.45 rollover from last years cap and we should be sitting at between 13-14 million in cap space.

Extending Berry should clear up another 4
Restructuring Bowe and Hali could clear up another 13 million...

We could EASILY have 30 million in cap space and not really effect future years cap numbers by doing so.

Yes, it does. It means we are basically guaranteeing Bowe and Hali more money in their twilight years. And for what? Our cap becomes really, really clean in 2016. Rather than restructure, just sign contracts with a big bonus and a huge roster bonus kicker in year 3.houston is a perfect candidate for that because he is a second contract player.

Restructuring doesn't make sense for Bowe and Hali. Why would they do that when they have a ton of guaranteed money already? The only way they'd agree to it is if they create a deal that is harder to manage in the later years of the deal.

chiefzilla1501 02-28-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10458819)

He wouldn't. Players only restructure if they have fear that they will soon be a cap casualty. Bowe won't be cut for a very long time.

Dunerdr 02-28-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10458818)
I wonder if the Bills would let us give them next years third rounder for the rights to a tag n trade with Byrd.

I know there are lots of options out there at safety this offseason, but none of them would give this defense the kind of mega impact a guy like Byrd would.

It would be an Allstate secondary but the price with a 3rd would be unreal.

BossChief 02-28-2014 12:10 PM

A high percentage of this teams difference makers have a smaller window than you are counting on.

I think the time to push all the chips in is right now.

Clear up 25 million and lets bolster this roster and prepare to make a run at a ****ing title.

I'm tired of waiting.

I want to see us win playoff games and have a realistic shot at winning it all.

We have 3 probowl defenders that are either 30 or are approaching 30. We have a 30 year old quarterback. We have a high quality receiver that's approaching the end of his prime.

Lets worry about 2016 when we get there...when the cap will have another 20+ million in it more than 2014.

BossChief 02-28-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 10458830)

It would be well worth every single penny.

The man has played an unreal role in that defenses turnovers.

In 5 years for the Bills, he has

22 picks
11 forced fumbles
5 recovered fumbles

That's 38 turnovers he has played a role in over the course of just 5 years.

Basically, he plays a role in a turnover every other game on average.

Add that to our defense, coupled with our pass rush and this defense jumps into the elite class.

ct 02-28-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10458818)
I wonder if the Bills would let us give them next years third rounder for the rights to a tag n trade with Byrd.

I know there are lots of options out there at safety this offseason, but none of them would give this defense the kind of mega impact a guy like Byrd would.

If you're gonna go there, why not a tag and trade a tag and trade? Albert for Byrd straight.

Direckshun 02-28-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 10458859)
If you're gonna go there, why not a tag and trade a tag and trade? Albert for Byrd straight.

The Bills don't want Albert. They have a LT.

ct 02-28-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10458870)
The Bills don't want Albert. They have a LT.

I like Glenn too, was hoping we'd snag him. But we got Jeff Allen so it's all good...

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-28-2014 12:39 PM

Jairus Byrd - DB - Bills
Two sources tell the Buffalo News that long-term talks between the Bills and free agent FS Jairus Byrd have been "pleasant so far."
As reporter Tim Graham points out, that's in contrast to last year, when the sides were seemingly at each other's throats. Byrd badly wants the multi-year deal he didn't get in 2013, but remains a candidate for the franchise tag. He'd make $8.3 million under a second consecutive one-year tender. Teams have until Monday afternoon to apply the tag.

The Franchise 02-28-2014 12:41 PM

If Buffalo doesn't re-sign Byrd....then I could see him landing in Cleveland because of Pettine.

Rausch 02-28-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10458880)
If Buffalo doesn't re-sign Byrd....then I could see him landing in Cleveland because of Pettine.

I don't think he wants to be there and I doubt they pay a stupid amount to keep him...

Chief Roundup 02-28-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10458823)
Hey Dwayne, we are just gonna pay you up front for the whole years games checks...you ok with that?

That's all a restructure is, from the players perspective.

What if anything has happened with Bowe and his pot arrest? If he is found guilty and misses the season or several games that would impact the decision to pay him a year up front like that. But what affect does that have on the cap? Would he go over to the non-injury reserve type of thing? I figure he counts against the cap but if he misses game and or game checks then I am not sure how that changes that stuff.

Chief Roundup 02-28-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 10458830)

The true price would be paying the safety position 13-15 mil a year between Berry and Byrd. I just don't see that happening.