ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2012 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254491)

BigCatDaddy 01-07-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8269960)
Probably should have asked this before I bought it.

But today bought "White Flood." Need a good pump, but I'm not a big fan of creatine. Anyone try this before?

That's what I use for a pre-workout since I'm not a fan of the 1,3 dimeth stims in stuff like Jack3d. I don't know if it gives me much of a pump, but it's a nice clean pick me up before hitting the gym. I like that taste as well.

L-Arginine and Beta Alainine are the main things that will give you that pump in the gym so you can just buy them individually and give it a try. It doesn't last long, but it's still fun to swoll up for a bit.

penguinz 01-07-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8270835)
There's no other alternative? Because creatine tends to give me headaches.

You probably need to up your water consumption.

NewChief 01-07-2012 10:59 AM

Finally able to do full pistols to the floor and back up. Yay for hip mobility, balance, and strength.

chiefzilla1501 01-07-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8270917)
That's what I use for a pre-workout since I'm not a fan of the 1,3 dimeth stims in stuff like Jack3d. I don't know if it gives me much of a pump, but it's a nice clean pick me up before hitting the gym. I like that taste as well.

L-Arginine and Beta Alainine are the main things that will give you that pump in the gym so you can just buy them individually and give it a try. It doesn't last long, but it's still fun to swoll up for a bit.

Used no2 which I think is basically that. That did help me but you're right, it sort of wore off halfway through.

lewdog 01-07-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8269960)
Probably should have asked this before I bought it.

But today bought "White Flood." Need a good pump, but I'm not a big fan of creatine. Anyone try this before?

White flood and any pre-workouts are just designed to provide you stimulants for increased "energy" and maximize blood flow to the muscles. Likely no real muscle building effects, unless this stimulants helps you do more work in the gym. I definitely use pre-workouts a few times a week when I feel sluggish before hitting the gym.

Add some cheap creatine-monohydrate to that White Flood. How much water were you drinking when you were taking that creatine? Anything else you would take that would have diuretic properties that could cause those headaches?

BigCatDaddy 01-07-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 (Post 8271345)
White flood and any pre-workouts are just designed to provide you stimulants for increased "energy" and maximize blood flow to the muscles. Likely no real muscle building effects, unless this stimulants helps you do more work in the gym. I definitely use pre-workouts a few times a week when I feel sluggish before hitting the gym.

Add some cheap creatine-monohydrate to that White Flood. How much water were you drinking when you were taking that creatine? Anything else you would take that would have diuretic properties that could cause those headaches?

There is proof that caffeine does increase strength slightly while lifting weights. But like TG said and what I was trying to say earlier "You guys sweat some small shit". If WF or a stim gets your ass to the gym and you like it (like I do) then go for it. Over analyzing everything will turn counter productive most of the time for the casual person.

BigCatDaddy 01-07-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8271211)
Used no2 which I think is basically that. That did help me but you're right, it sort of wore off halfway through.

It should last a little after the workout. It's not going to make you bigger or stronger in the long run, but if you liked looking a little more pumped up for a short time do it. Whatever motivates you to workout.

lewdog 01-07-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8271436)
There is proof that caffeine does increase strength slightly while lifting weights. But like TG said and what I was trying to say earlier "You guys sweat some small shit". If WF or a stim gets your ass to the gym and you like it (like I do) then go for it. Over analyzing everything will turn counter productive most of the time for the casual person.

Couldn't agree more. Do what it takes to get to the gym and bust ass, whatever that may be.

chiefs2012 01-07-2012 05:21 PM

I'm loaded up on pre-workout for awhile, I got 50 servings of no-xplode in with an extra 10 serving container of it. Then bodybuilding.com threw in 5 packs of c4 extreme each 2servings apiece.

chiefs2012 01-08-2012 11:07 PM

UP

chiefzilla1501 01-08-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 (Post 8271345)

Cool. Thanks. It was probably the water. Good idea on adding some cheap creatine.

chiefs2012 01-15-2012 01:38 PM

^

Omaha 01-16-2012 11:57 AM

I screwed up my back doing deadlifts & now I'm doing physical therapy. I really hate being hurt. On the bright side, physical therapy has been going well.

Brock 01-16-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8302372)
I screwed up my back doing deadlifts & now I'm doing physical therapy. I really hate being hurt. On the bright side, physical therapy has been going well.

I changed up to just doing 1 leg deadlifts with a dumbbell. It just isn't worth the risk anymore.

Omaha 01-16-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8302375)
I changed up to just doing 1 leg deadlifts with a dumbbell. It just isn't worth the risk anymore.

That's what the back doc suggested, but I've been having a lot of fun doing crossfit & deadlift is a big part of it.