ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Lance Armstrong cleared of doping charges (and now drops the fight) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141549)

Sure-Oz 01-14-2013 10:00 PM

Didn't that fraud help raise a shit ton of $$$ for cancer

L.A. Chieffan 01-14-2013 10:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIl5...e_gdata_player

Ace Gunner 01-14-2013 11:04 PM

"athletes are better now than evar!!"

jd1020 01-14-2013 11:08 PM

Dude was doping?

Mind blown!

Sorter 01-15-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9319523)
Dude was doping?

Mind blown!

Chael Sonnen called it before it was public knowledge.

Graystoke 01-15-2013 08:40 AM

This timing of this confession is somewhat confusing at first glance, but if you think about it, Lance has few options at this point.

It's been previously reported that USADA said that had Armstrong met with USADA following the charges being laid in June last year, then the Texan would have retained five of his seven Tour de France titles.
Instead he decided to not meet with USDA, nor cooperate or testify, ultimately losing all 7 Tour Titles, all because he needed to maintain his mantra of the "I never doped".

To do it now, confess, leads me to believe he has no other options at his disposal. All his sponsors have jumped ship; lawsuits are pending, big insurance wants their money back. He has Conspiracy, RICO, perjury, fraud, witness intimidation, suborning perjury all laid at his feet right now. His Cancer Foundation Livestrong is in a downhill spiral. Call it what you want, but the Armstrong label is beyond tainted right now.
This is the start of his "Redemption Tour". He will get all teary with Oprah, mention his upbringing with just his single Mom, talk about his youth and pressure to dope. Ultimately he will bring the big wigs of USA Cycling and UCI cycling down by stating and testifying against several powerful people in the sport of cycling, that they knew about his doping and possibly facilitated it.
And of course none of it will be Lance's fault.

loochy 01-15-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9319845)
Chael Sonnen called it before it was public knowledge.

Dude it was common sense. Everyone called it.

GloryDayz 01-15-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9319295)
You mean everyone in the Worlds Strongest Man contest aren't natural either? I'm shocked!

No... They just drink Smart water and take fish oil...

loochy 01-15-2013 08:45 AM

I really wish that one of these days a doper/juicer would just come out and say "Yeah, I did it and it was awesome. The stuff helped me in so many ways. I tried not to get caught, but I did and that sucks. Oh well, it was worth it though."

Deberg_1990 01-15-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9320060)
This timing of this confession is somewhat confusing at first glance, but if you think about it, Lance has few options at this point.

It's been previously reported that USADA said that had Armstrong met with USADA following the charges being laid in June last year, then the Texan would have retained five of his seven Tour de France titles.
Instead he decided to not meet with USDA, nor cooperate or testify, ultimately losing all 7 Tour Titles, all because he needed to maintain his mantra of the "I never doped".

To do it now, confess, leads me to believe he has no other options at his disposal. All his sponsors have jumped ship; lawsuits are pending, big insurance wants their money back. He has Conspiracy, RICO, perjury, fraud, witness intimidation, suborning perjury all laid at his feet right now. His Cancer Foundation Livestrong is in a downhill spiral. Call it what you want, but the Armstrong label is beyond tainted right now.
This is the start of his "Redemption Tour". He will get all teary with Oprah, mention his upbringing with just his single Mom, talk about his youth and pressure to dope. Ultimately he will bring the big wigs of USA Cycling and UCI cycling down by stating and testifying against several powerful people in the sport of cycling, that they knew about his doping and possibly facilitated it.
And of course none of it will be Lance's fault.

Yep. nail on head. People never confess until they absolutely have to.

BigMeatballDave 01-15-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9313865)
The lying, cheating, fraud is ready to "give a limited confession"

It's not really cheating when 99% of the sport is also doping.

loochy 01-15-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9320100)

just make it legal and let's roll

Graystoke 01-15-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9320100)

But But But...everybody is doing it!
Remember when your Mom would say, "If everyone is jumping off a bridge are you going to do it to?"

And its just not the doping.
Lance is a bully that took away peoples livelyhoods by intimidation. He slandered people, he frauded people.
Lance is not a good cheat, he is an evil cheat.

Saul Good 01-15-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9313865)
The lying, cheating, fraud is ready to "give a limited confession".

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/...frey-interview

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:8837270&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

Kudos for coming clean. That takes a lot of ball.

KCFalcon59 01-15-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9320908)
Kudos for coming clean. That takes a lot of ball.

I see what you did there. ROFL