ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Chronicles: The Conclusion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211171)

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 5940469)
No IMO he is going under center with a vastly inferior team and I believe several backups could have played as well as he did last year in that situation. The thing you have going for you is the owner and GM disagree with me. Them against a football fan on a message board. It is a safe bet they know more than I do. I think he is a reach they don't, time will tell.

well this IS coming from a raider fan correct?

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:19 PM

And what if Cassel regresses?

This is why I don't put 1 year starters in the top 10 at QB, possible 1 year wonder, regression. It's a position that requires consistency to be at the top.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940471)
Damn that sounds like something I said...

Either way I can not believe I am having an argument that involves someone trying to say Matt Cassel is better than Eli Manning.

I don't even think most people on this forum would agree with that.

funny eli's team wins a super bowl and now he's a great qb.

KCBOSS1 08-01-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940459)
If you go back to the previous page I listed off 10.

Yeah, I see it. I would agree with that. I still think that Carson, restored will be top 10. I would have been doing cart wheels if we would have gotten Carson Palmer, but that's just me. I think he is system impaired and perpertually running for his life.

milkman 08-01-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940462)
It is not completely about stats you can ask milkman on that point, and as I said I will not ever put a 1 year starter in the top 10 for QB's that position requires consistency.

If it didn't I'd list Matt Ryan in the top 10 but I won't do that till he has another good year.

You're right.

Stats are irrelevent without context.

However, I will say that Eli Manning is the other QB that is easily replacable among your list of top ten QBs.

I can't see any QB at this point who would replace him, but should Rogers, Ryan, and, yes, Cassel all have a another good year, they could knock him off that list.

The fact is, outside the top 4, maybe 5, the remaing names on that list are not all that good.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940479)
And what if Cassel regresses?

This is why I don't put 1 year starters in the top 10 at QB, possible 1 year wonder, regression. It's a position that requires consistency to be at the top.

no it doesnt. we arent talking all time here. we are talking right now.

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 5940483)
Yeah, I see it. I would agree with that. I still think that Carson, restored will be top 10. I would have been doing cart wheels if we would have gotten Carson Palmer, but that's just me. I think he is system impaired and perpertually running for his life.

Jason is going to skewer you...he thinks Cassel is better than Palmer.

KCBOSS1 08-01-2009 12:22 PM

We don't have enough track record on Cassel to know what he really is yet.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 5940483)

huh? what has he ever won? has he won a playoff game? he has had 2 of the BEST wrs in the game and still didnt do jack shit(more cassel bashes)

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5940484)
You're right.

Stats are irrelevent without context.

However, I will say that Eli Manning is the other QB that is easily replacable among your list of top ten QBs.

I can't see any QB at this point who would replace him, but should Rogers, Ryan, and, yes, Cassel all have a another good year, they could knock him off that list.

The fact is, outside the top 4, maybe 5, the remaing names on that list are not all that good.

I think Manning is ascending he's improving a lot, and I'd wager he plays with the worst group of WR's of any of the top of the line QB's.

The Giants have a lot riding on Hakeem Nicks this year.

KCBOSS1 08-01-2009 12:26 PM

I totally agree about the stats thing too. If you're on a team with a lousy defense, you have to throw the ball a lot. That's a stat padder. Kitna was not a top 10 quarterback, but he was constantly throwing the ball after the first 5 minutes because the Lions were always behind. Good fantasy player.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940490)
I think Manning is ascending he's improving a lot, and I'd wager he plays with the worst group of WR's of any of the top of the line QB's.

The Giants have a lot riding on Hakeem Nicks this year.

ROFL he had plax. when plax was gone he regressed. but a top flight QB shouldnt right, i mean you and others have said that if cassel doesnt have a monster year the move was totally bad. so in your opinion a top flight qb should be able to overcome anything right, throw it catch it run it make all the defensive and special teams tackles

SAUTO 08-01-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 5940493)
I totally agree about the stats thing too. If you're on a team with a lousy defense, you have to throw the ball a lot. That's a stat padder. Kitna was not a top 10 quarterback, but he was constantly throwing the ball after the first 5 minutes because the Lions were always behind. Good fantasy player.

last year?

KCBOSS1 08-01-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5940489)
huh? what has he ever won? has he won a playoff game? he has had 2 of the BEST wrs in the game and still didnt do jack shit(more cassel bashes)

Calm down, I just like the guy. But when you've got no line, even with having two great receivers, you still have to be spot on. I have seen him make some throws live that I haven't seen anybody else make.

Mecca 08-01-2009 12:29 PM

Oh for the love of christ, I give up.

I do love Jason's double talk though "What has Palmer ever won? "Just because Eli won a bowl?"

You don't get to make contradicting statements like that pick one...but we can say this. Carson Palmer took the ****ing Bengals to the playoffs. Cassel didn't make the playoffs with a team that went 16-0 the previous year.