ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Imon Yourside 09-30-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7947162)
I think I'll give Diablo a try. I can't afford to get sucked into an MMORPG or my wife would probably divorce me.

Lolz Pat if you haven't played the 1st Diablo(yes i know it's ancient) you should start there. Diablo 2 was WORSE than any MMO for me, it pulls you in and you can't stop, well unless the wife is there with the divorce papers. Diablo 2 is great as well and if you need some help let me know. I still have tons of equipment, non ladder of course. You can also check out D2JSP.org as it's a great trading sight for D2.

You should also check out torchlight, it's mostly the same team that did Diablo 1/2 and plays great as well. No dedicated servers for TL tho.

patteeu 09-30-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7954483)
Lolz Pat if you haven't played the 1st Diablo(yes i know it's ancient) you should start there. Diablo 2 was WORSE than any MMO for me, it pulls you in and you can't stop, well unless the wife is there with the divorce papers. Diablo 2 is great as well and if you need some help let me know. I still have tons of equipment, non ladder of course. You can also check out D2JSP.org as it's a great trading sight for D2.

You should also check out torchlight, it's mostly the same team that did Diablo 1/2 and plays great as well. No dedicated servers for TL tho.

What's different about Diablo than any other nonMM RPG (like, for example, Neverwinter Nights, which is what that video I posted reminded me of)? Do you not just play your way through the story and eventually reach the end?

Imon Yourside 09-30-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7954516)
What's different about Diablo than any other nonMM RPG (like, for example, Neverwinter Nights, which is what that video I posted reminded me of)? Do you not just play your way through the story and eventually reach the end?

You do play through the story and the end is fairly easy to reach will all the help you'll receive. The Loot and quest for Better loot is what pulls you back in. Crafting and constructing runewords along with the occasional glorious rare item and unique item will keep you coming back, not to mention if you duel you'll want to have better stuff than the guy/gal your dueling. Also note that Diablo is much more action oriented than something like NWN.

Pants 09-30-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7954516)

Diablo isn't really like Neverwinter Nights. Diablo is a repetitive hack and slash with very basic story elements. The main point of the game is to grind for loot. Over and over and over and over and over... You get the point. I personally never found it very addicting.

I knew some guys in high-school who were level 99s, it still blows my mind that someone can play that game so much.

patteeu 09-30-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7954546)
You do play through the story and the end is fairly easy to reach will all the help you'll receive. The Loot and quest for Better loot is what pulls you back in. Crafting and constructing runewords along with the occasional glorious rare item and unique item will keep you coming back, not to mention if you duel you'll want to have better stuff than the guy/gal your dueling. Also note that Diablo is much more action oriented than something like NWN.

I like the "more action oriented" part.

So you just keep replaying the same story over and over to get better stuff? That doesn't sound all that compelling to me. Am I still missing something?

patteeu 09-30-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7954556)
Diablo isn't really like Neverwinter Nights. Diablo is a repetitive hack and slash with very basic story elements. The main point of the game is to grind for loot. Over and over and over and over and over... You get the point. I personally never found it very addicting.

I knew some guys in high-school who were level 99s, it still blows my mind that someone can play that game so much.

OK, thanks. :thumb:

Sofa King 09-30-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7954556)

Chances are they weren't the ones who got their guys to lvl 99. They used bots. Had to. Otherwise that's 10's of thousands of baal runs.

EDIT: well not 10's of thousands, but a shitload.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=2849748

Imon Yourside 09-30-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7954571)
I like the "more action oriented" part.

So you just keep replaying the same story over and over to get better stuff? That doesn't sound all that compelling to me. Am I still missing something?

It's the old Blizzard style game, and there are so many people STILL playing it 11 years later. It isn't boring at all, it's very fast paced and there are so many builds and random items it will keep you coming back for more.

Imon Yourside 09-30-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7954579)
Chances are they weren't the ones who got their guys to lvl 99. They used bots. Had to. Otherwise that's 10's of thousands of baal runs.

That what i did the last 4 or 5 years, easy to wake up to sweet items everyday then sell them on d2jsp.org.

Pants 09-30-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7954579)

Could be.

Sofa King 10-25-2011 08:57 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nlhWqmVeDno" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King 10-25-2011 08:58 AM

Lotta really cool shit coming out at Blizzcon for Diablo 3

Sofa King 10-25-2011 09:01 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kLedw4HACNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King 10-25-2011 09:07 AM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/collectors-edition/

Collector Edition has some cool shit.

I wonder if you buy it, and get those wings, if they are always on your character or not? Or if you can use them on every character etc.

Anyone have any idea? I couldn't find anything on that.

listopencil 10-25-2011 09:09 AM

Well, Blizzard just recently put out info on the next WoW expansion and it looks...horrible. There is a very strong chance I'll be switching to Diablo 3 when it comes out.