ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Alex Gordon says: “I’m going to dominate next year,” (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233928)

Pitt Gorilla 01-13-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7027888)
I like your odds, too, actually. But "B"? Come on. There's no such thing as a "best option" on this team. Not yet, anyway. Worst defensive team in MLB.

And now, one of the best. Pretty good turn around.

CHENZ A! 01-13-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 7027819)
He's still shitty
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Chiefspants 01-14-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7027730)
ROFL

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/21...-dominate.html

There seems little doubt he will get a chance to validate his words. General manager Dayton Moore said Gordon remains a key component in the Royals’ future as club officials shape their off-season plans.

“I think Alex is going to have a great year next year,” Moore said. “I really do. I think Alex is going to be a solid contributor. I’ll say this: You can win a championship with Alex Gordon on your club.

“We’re counting on him to be that type of guy when we’re ready to win.”

After taking the wrath, scorn and hate of the media for years, quotes like this make GMDM look like a god-**** prophet.

Mr. Laz 01-14-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9630738)
Alex is playing like the guy he should be for where we drafted him.

So props to him for finally realizing his potential.

But, as good as he is playing now, he was painfully bad in 2010 when this thread was started. So the criticism of his play was well warranted then. I'm just glad he's finally starting to come around.

Next up on the expectation scale, Hosmer and Moose.

Moose looks like Alice Gordon circa 2010 right now.

None of those 3 has lived up to their billing yet.

we need Gordon to be more than just solid at the plate from now on, same with Moose.

Hos needs to be more consistent, stop deciding before the pitch whether he's going to swing or not.

Chiefspants 01-14-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12026050)
None of those 3 has lived up to their billing yet.

we need Gordon to be more than just solid at the plate from now on, same with Moose.

Hos needs to be more consistent, stop deciding before the pitch whether he's going to swing or not.

Are you being serious right now?

Mr. Laz 01-14-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12026058)
Are you being serious right now?

yes.

Gordon was billed as a 5-tool player who was the next George Brett.

Is he?

I never said they sucked, i said they need to improve to live up to their billing.

let the cry fest begin ... :rolleyes:

Chiefspants 01-14-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12026088)
yes.

Is he?

I never said they sucked, i said they need to improve to live up to their billing.

You remind me of some of my Facebook friends.

Let's break down Alex Gordon.

Defense: Four Gold Gloves, a Platinum Glove & Three Fielding Bible Awards. Has plus speed, takes incredible reads and runs the best routes in the majors. His arm alone has saved countless runs over the last four years and from 2012-2014 he put together three of the best defensive years in Major League History.

Offense: 7th highest offensive WAR in Royals history, projects to retire with the 4th highest offensive WAR in team history.

Overall: World Series Champion, 2x Pennant Winner. Gordon could end up with the 2nd highest overall WAR in Royals baseball history, behind only, you guessed it, George Brett. If you're still disappointed in Gordon's production, you're one of the most confusing sports fans I've ever met in my life.

In ten years, #4 is going to be hanging up with #5, #10, #20 and #42.

Brock 01-14-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

yes.

Is he?

Jesus christ

Laz ROFL

Jive Ass 01-14-2016 10:21 PM

Quote:

yes.

Is he?

Live up to their billing? I don't know what team you've been watching but all of them were integral to the 2014 and 2015 runs. Even if you were making a valid point can we just stop to appreciate that regardless of their billing, they made it two years in a row? Sounds like a team living up to its potential to me.

CoMoChief 01-14-2016 10:51 PM

Im glad AG is back.

duncan_idaho 01-15-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

yes.

Is he?

I'd argue that Gordon has lived up to expectations, just in a form that is different.

He IS/HAS BEEN a superstar position player over the past five years. It's just that instead of being a top 5-10 hitter and above-average (top25-30) defender, he has been a top 3 defender and top 25 hitter.

He's absolutely as impactful as his draft position and prospect rankings indicated he would be... Just not in the exact way that was expected.

As for Hosmer and Moustakas... I'd argue Hosmer has been pretty close to what was expected, with slightly less consistency and power than originally thought (though he has been pretty consistent over most of the past two seasons).

Moustakas disappointed until last season, when he contributed the kind of production that's always been expected. We will see what he does from here forward... If he continues that in 2016 and 2017, Id say he ended up meeting expectations.

duncan_idaho 01-15-2016 09:47 AM

Sounds like a deal with Kennedy is close.

Wonder how much the loss of the first-round pick will affect the final contract details (if at all).