ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think its time for the Cassel doubters to eat their crow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238686)

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7273554)
C'mon.

Yes, Mo ran the wrong route.

But that doesn't mean that Cassel still has to deliver the ball to an area with 5 blue jerseys in it.

Bad on Mo, bad on Cassel.

That's debatable. But it's one bad play among a slew of good ones. There were about 2 or 3 passes that really got away from him. The running game was average at best. The pass protection was every bit as bad this week as it was last week, if not worse. The receivers literally dropped four catchable third down passes that killed drives.

Cassel put up 20 points in spite of the fact that his supporting cast laid a complete goose egg. This wasn't a game management game. I can't help but wonder what his production would have looked like if Bowe catches that first drive 3rd down and extends the drive. Or if Copper catches that easy pass and gets an extra 15+ yards on top of that. Or if Charles catches a relatively catchable pass and that drive extends.

Today was what we've all been waiting for. Cassel produced on offense in spite of a supporting cast that did everything they could to lose the game today.

Baby Lee 12-19-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7273463)
**** all of that shit....Whoever says any of that stuff is going to extremes to either get a reaction or is just a moron.

The vast majority of people on CP (at least who actually made posts) were HIGHLY negative about Cassel and didn't think he would do shit this season.

They were wrong, period. No need to go any further than that...They were horribly horribly wrong about Cassel...

They can TRY to move the goal posts all they want to, because it makes them feel better....But deep down they know they didn't give him enough of a chance before they gave up on the kid. **** them...He is improving and has a ways to go, he proved he isn't garbage, he proved he is a pretty good QB, now lets see what else he can prove.

WTF

Note to self, a vast majority is nowhere NEAR an overwhelming majority, not even same ball park.

|Zach| 12-19-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7273597)
if there is one team I would want to play at Arrowhead round 1 in the playoffs...

it's the Jets

they are more of a layup than the Titans next week

we would win by 10+

I hear they outmatch us in every phase of the game.

Could just be a rumor though. ROFL

Hootie 12-19-2010 05:18 PM

shitty QB with a faltering ground game...

sign me up

mlyonsd 12-19-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7273591)
It was a timing route and Bowe was supposed to come open on the cross.

From what I could tell watching it a few times Moeaki ****ed up and brought the defender across in front of Bowe.

Right, and I don't know this for sure, but it is possible Cassel had already committed to throw the ball.

Bugeater 12-19-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7273580)
for instance

Haley's decision to go for it 4th and 1 in our own territory...

we got it, and it changed the game

had we not gotten it...

he would have been verbally gang raped by the masses at ChiefsPlanet

If we had run the play we ran on 4th down on 3rd down we wouldn't have had to go for it on 4th down.

OnTheWarpath15 12-19-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7273535)
In complete agreement on that.

That's all the argument has ever been.

Yet people want to claim otherwise week after week.

OnTheWarpath15 12-19-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7273550)
I am not saying a single one of those things. You have a really annoying trait of creating your opponents position out of whole cloth to make your debate easier.

He's not the only one, for sure.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7273600)
WTF

Note to self, a vast majority is nowhere NEAR an overwhelming majority, not even same ball park.

Wow...The thirrd straw man in a row...

Where does that say ANYTHING about wanting the guy to fail?

Are you a liar? Or just a complete ****ing reerun?

I really hope people go back and look at the ****ing bullshit you are trying to pull here....Maybe they already realize you are a douche bag, but this should prove it.

Baby Lee 12-19-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7273586)
No but again you are using a straw man....You claimed I said the VAST MAJORITY want him to fail...You also are bringing up something from a completely different thread..out of context...you implied I said that in this thread, also.

Shall I quote your lying ass?

Are you really this ****ign reeruned ? You accuse me of using a straw man argument when I wasn't, then you proceed to use two straw man arguments in a row...Seriously you are a ****ing moron. Please look up straw man arguments on like wikipedia before you make yourself look like even more of an idiot...

A straw man is not composed of the minute differentiation between a vast and an overwhelming majority. And it certainly isn't composed of bringing peoples remarks in mind numbingly similar previous discussion to address them.

It's more of like positing that the VAST majority of people had nothing good to say about him ever [without providing a time frame], then when someone disagrees, positing that the disagreer is saying that people were lauding him as a pending luminary [back in EFFING APRIL].

OnTheWarpath15 12-19-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7273562)
That doesn't mean that the ball wouldn't have been completed.

Last year (and earlier this year) people were practically begging Cassel to throw the ball when receivers weren't "open". Had Moeaki not run the wrong route, that ball would have either been caught or incomplete.

You watched a different play than I did.

Big difference between throwing the ball to a WR covered 1-on-1, hoping to make a play, and throwing into a dangerous area like that.

There were 5 Rams in the area. How many would have been there had Mo not run the wrong route?

More than one, me thinks.

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7273589)
Could the Jets beat us? Absolutely. But the idea that they are on some higher plane and we would need an amazing game just to play with them is silly.

The Jets are a supremely talented team that often plays with their heads up their asses. It's a tall task to win a playoff game when you are that much less talented than the other team.

To win, we're going to have play mistake-free, consistently smart football and they'll have to play down to the competition. Probably a combo of both. Like I said, I'm not ruling either of those two out, especially at Arrowhead. But it's not a formula that's going to consistently get you playoff wins or that's going to make you favorites to win the game.

I actually think there's a decent chance of the Chiefs winning. But winning in spite of your talent isn't a formula that's going to carry the team through the playoffs. If the Jets play smart football and Sanchez doesn't shit the bed, the Chiefs are going to have a very tough uphill battle.

Hootie 12-19-2010 05:25 PM

it's good to see that one drafturbator is still hanging on to his Cassel hate...

Mecca died, Dane thinks he's a franchise QB and Hamas props him when necessary and stays out of everything else...

Stay strong OTWP!

Hootie 12-19-2010 05:26 PM

just think

had we drafted Sanchez we could be 4-10 right now and in line for better draft picks!

damnit scott!

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7273625)
A straw man is not composed of the minute differentiation between a vast and an overwhelming majority.

Yes, ANOTHER fallacy. We aren't arguing about the difference between vast majority or overwhelming majority. Not once have I ever EVER stated that a majority (of any kind), or even a small majority , or even a a large percent of CP members WANTED Matt Cassel to fail.

You are a ****ing liar, a douche bag, and an idiot. Please, go back and read what I said ONE MORE TIME...

I dare you to point out ANYWHERE that I claimed a Majority of posters (any kind of majority) WANTED Cassel to fail.

****ing filthy liar.