ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV House - Season 8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250929)

Micjones 05-22-2012 06:24 AM

Can't believe it's all over though.
I fell in love with this show 2.5 years ago and have been attached to it ever since.

lcarus 05-22-2012 11:21 AM

Loved the finale. Some people online are speculating that House really is dead and that Wilson was just hallucinating him at the end, but I disagree with that notion completely. What I don't get is how the fire started and how House and the patient ended up there. What were they doing? I don't know if I missed that part. My 1 year old niece was making a shitload of noise during the last 15 minutes or so.

Micjones 05-22-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8631848)
Loved the finale. Some people online are speculating that House really is dead and that Wilson was just hallucinating him at the end, but I disagree with that notion completely. What I don't get is how the fire started and how House and the patient ended up there. What were they doing? I don't know if I missed that part. My 1 year old niece was making a shitload of noise during the last 15 minutes or so.

Quite a few people seem to think that House actually died in the warehouse fire, but only because they read too much into him telling Wilson he was dead. I think House was merely trying to point out the fact that being "dead" meant a clean slate for him. I don't in anyway think he meant that literally.

I was more curious about how the fire got started than I was why they were in a warehouse.

KevB 05-22-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8631878)
Quite a few people seem to think that House actually died in the warehouse fire, but only because they read too much into him telling Wilson he was dead. I think House was merely trying to point out the fact that being "dead" meant a clean slate for him. I don't in anyway think he meant that literally.

I was more curious about how the fire got started than I was why they were in a warehouse.

I also think by moving on in "death", it allowed all of the people that revolved around Planet House to move on with their lives. I believe that last montage was an indicator of that.

Micjones 05-22-2012 12:00 PM

If Foreman hadn't found House's medical badge, that scenario would be infinitely more plausible.
As it stands, Foreman would had to have been hallucinating too.
Doesn't make a lick of sense.

lcarus 05-22-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8631911)
If Foreman hadn't found House's medical badge, that scenario would be infinitely more plausible.
As it stands, Foreman would had to have been hallucinating too.
Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Couldn't House have planted that badge previous to the fire though?

whoman69 05-22-2012 02:35 PM

This House is really dead theory is way over the top. House knows he needs to change, and that he needs to be with his friend when he dies. The only way to do that was to totally give up his life. They did skip over quite a bit. They should have cut back the reminiscence show and extended the episode longer to explain some of those lost details. If he was trying to commit suicide, how did he have the forethought to exchange the records and plant the id card ahead of time? If he went to the hospital after, he would have been recognized.

The plan seems convoluted even for House.

Micjones 05-22-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8632055)
Couldn't House have planted that badge previous to the fire though?

In the 2 days he'd mysteriously been AWOL from the hospital?
I suppose he could've, but what purpose would that serve?

"Hey Foreman, I quit."
Overstates the obvious if you commit suicide.

lcarus 05-22-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8632249)
In the 2 days he'd mysteriously been AWOL from the hospital?
I suppose he could've, but what purpose would that serve?

"Hey Foreman, I quit."
Overstates the obvious if you commit suicide.

I agree, I was just playing devil's advocate. I was REALLY disappointed that the episode was just the standard 1 hour. Especially considering they touted it as a 2 hour finale. I don't mind the 1 hour retrospect, but it should have been after the show, and the episode should have been 2 hours. If it was impossible for the network to devote 3 hours to the show, then just have the retrospect some other time, or make it a DVD bonus feature. I mean, they've done 2 hour season premieres and season finales before, right? So I feel kinda cheated that the entire show's finale wasn't 2 hours. Seems like they could have used the extra hour too. To flesh out that story a little more.

The Franchise 05-22-2012 09:31 PM

Yeah.....I thought the whole 1 hour retrospect could have been cut down to 30 minutes and happened after the final episode.

Micjones 05-23-2012 06:54 AM

Shore put the kibash on the "House really being dead" rumors.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/22/house-s...estions-cuddy/

lcarus 05-23-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8633331)
Shore put the kibash on the "House really being dead" rumors.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/22/house-s...estions-cuddy/

Thank god. Now people can stop with that silliness.

Micjones 05-23-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8633516)
Thank god. Now people can stop with that silliness.

Yep.

The Franchise 05-23-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8631848)

Here you go.

Quote:

How did the fire in the abandoned building start?

It’s actually alluded to. There was more about it in the original cut of the episode. There is a reference to the fact that the guy fell asleep while smoking. That’s how he got the burns on his chest. He presumably passed out while on heroin and dropped the cigarette and the fire started.

The Franchise 05-23-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8620087)
Any chance the show ends with House going on the run to stay out of jail?

Oh....and I was pretty much right.