ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254378)

Dartgod 01-15-2012 08:33 AM

Weighed 258 this morning, so down 6 pounds the first week. :thumb:

BigRedChief 01-15-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8297438)
Weighed 258 this morning, so down 6 pounds the first week. :thumb:

Nice start. :clap:

memyselfI 01-15-2012 09:14 AM

I haven't been on the scale and won't probably until June or later. I can report that size 6 pants, which did not fit before, now fit though a bit snug for my taste. I'm working on losing the muffin top now that the pants can button. :)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 11:05 AM

I have no idea where I'm at. I haven't gotten back into the gym yet, but my eating has changed over the last week. I'm purposely wearing oversized clothes to keep me in the dark on it. I have my reasons for it. In any case, the goal is to get back in the gym this week andbget the fitness going. We'll see what happens.

Buck 01-15-2012 03:00 PM

Down to 282. 13 lbs gone.

whoman69 01-15-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8292845)
Cool. Not sure I can ever give up my desire for Pizza....

I looked at a package of pizza. 350 calories per slice. I tried to get by on one piece and found I could do it.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 06:09 PM

Buck, explain low carb to me and a sample menu of what you eat in a day if you don't mind. I'm considering it.

Buck 01-15-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8300096)
Buck, explain low carb to me and a sample menu of what you eat in a day if you don't mind. I'm considering it.

Typical Day

-Breakfast: 3 eggs, 4 slices of Bacon
-Snack: 1 oz of Almonds
-Dinner: 1 Chicken Thigh or Breast or 10 oz steak with asparagus

Water all day, sometimes tea or coffee. Crystal Light occasionally.

Buck 01-15-2012 06:17 PM

Other days I only eat breakfast and have about 4-8 no carb cocktails at night, but I'm trying to limit that.

Funny story, I was at the bar the other night, and I was completely obliterated. I've been taking a supplement that helps decrease your appetite. The problem was that I wasn't feeling drunk. I drank about 7 cocktails before the supplement wore off and then I was drunk within seconds. I ended up drinking 2 or 3 more that night.

The bar closed and I stayed with the owner as she closed up. She made herself some kind of healthy choice microwaveable meal and she was like, here eat this. I ate all her green beans. I didn't eat anything else on the plate.

Glad I even have self control when I'm completely blitzed.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8300140)
Other days I only eat breakfast and have about 4-8 no carb cocktails at night, but I'm trying to limit that.

Funny story, I was at the bar the other night, and I was completely obliterated. I've been taking a supplement that helps decrease your appetite. The problem was that I wasn't feeling drunk. I drank about 7 cocktails before the supplement wore off and then I was drunk within seconds. I ended up drinking 2 or 3 more that night.

The bar closed and I stayed with the owner as she closed up. She made herself some kind of healthy choice microwaveable meal and she was like, here eat this. I ate all her green beans. I didn't eat anything else on the plate.

Glad I even have self control when I'm completely blitzed.

You're one up on me. I'll eat anything when I'm drunk. Any harm in diet soda? I've heard before thatzs a no-no.

Buck 01-15-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8300341)
You're one up on me. I'll eat anything when I'm drunk. Any harm in diet soda? I've heard before thatzs a no-no.

A couple things that I have read is that Aspartame hinders weight loss.

Also, if you keep drinking it, even though it is no-carb, it makes you keep the desire for the carbs. It's a substitute, but it's sweet, so you'll keep wanting sweet shit.

It's loads better than non-diet though, and if you're a soda drinker, even if you're not dieting, you're way better off than drinking what basically amounts to pure sugar out of a can.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8300363)
A couple things that I have read is that Aspartame hinders weight loss.

Also, if you keep drinking it, even though it is no-carb, it makes you keep the desire for the carbs. It's a substitute, but it's sweet, so you'll keep wanting sweet shit.

It's loads better than non-diet though, and if you're a soda drinker, even if you're not dieting, you're way better off than drinking what basically amounts to pure sugar out of a can.

Big time soda drinker, but no regular in years. I drink Pepsi Max almost exclusively. I don't think it has aspartame in it, but I'm not sure. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Buck 01-15-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8300420)
Big time soda drinker, but no regular in years. I drink Pepsi Max almost exclusively. I don't think it has aspartame in it, but I'm not sure. I'll look into it. Thanks.

It does.

keg in kc 01-15-2012 07:02 PM

I actually haven't had a soda in two weeks, the same amount of time I've gone without fast food.

Ironically it wasn't a conscious or pre-meditated decision this time. For whatever reason on New Year's Day I just stopped going out to eat. Wasn't planned, and hasn't even been a struggle so far. My caloric intake overall has to be way, way down so far for the new year.

I have a birthday in a month, we'll see if I can make it that long. I'm going to celebrate 38 by gorging on BBQ.

Buck 01-15-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8300517)
I actually haven't had a soda in two weeks, the same amount of time I've gone without fast food.

Ironically it wasn't a conscious or pre-meditated decision this time. For whatever reason on New Year's day I just stopped going out to eat. Hasn't even been a struggle so far.

I have a birthday in a month, we'll see if I can make it that long. I'm going to celebrate 38 by gorging on BBQ.

My birthday is next Saturday. Not sure what I'm going to do.

I might break the diet for one day, if only to be able to drink beer.