ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Iron Man 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260112)

Reaper16 05-03-2013 06:09 PM

So much better than #2.

Aries Walker 05-03-2013 07:07 PM

I put this about on the same level as #2. It was overall good, but it had some fairly severe problems and disappointments.

Deberg_1990 05-03-2013 09:05 PM

Just watched it with my son. We really enjoyed it. Alot better than 2, maybe better than 1. It's funny, it was basically an Iron Man film grafted onto the Shane Black formula. With a few revisions, this could have been another Lethal Weapon flick. A lot of scenes and dialogue were pure Shane Black. I like how the entire middle act with the kid was basically kept hidden from the trailers.

Spoiler!

KCFalcon59 05-03-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9655952)
Just watched it with my son. We really enjoyed it. Alot better than 2, maybe better than 1. It's funny, it was basically an Iron Man film grafted onto the Shane Black formula. With a few revisions, this could have been another Lethal Weapon flick. A lot of scenes and dialogue were pure Shane Black. I like how the entire middle act with the kid was basically kept hidden from the trailers.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I did enjoy the movie a lot. Worth the money.

Anyong Bluth 05-03-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9655952)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 05-03-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9656181)
Spoiler!

Yep, pretty much agree with all that. The Etremis soldiers were pretty badass. I liked them a lot.

bowener 05-04-2013 01:13 AM

Fun as hell but definitely not the best Iron Man. I know Black's work, but the direction just seemed kind of all over the place. Still a fun movie to see, and it is further proof that there can never be another actor that plays Tony Stark. RDJ is the only person that has the right kind of dickishness and charisma that this part demands.

Anyong Bluth 05-04-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9656394)
Fun as hell but definitely not the best Iron Man. I know Black's work, but the direction just seemed kind of all over the place. Still a fun movie to see, and it is further proof that there can never be another actor that plays Tony Stark. RDJ is the only person that has the right kind of dickishness and charisma that this part demands.

I'll agree Downey is the perfect match to play Stark. Sadly he's said he's fastly approaching 50 and just can't keep doing it much longer, so we may get him for a bit longer but they're going to have to start floating ideas for the replacement just like they've started for Craig with Bond.

I think James Franco could be an intriguing choice.... haven't thought too much that one just kinda popped off the top of my head.

bowener 05-04-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9656404)
I'll agree Downey is the perfect match to play Stark. Sadly he's said he's fastly approaching 50 and just can't keep doing it much longer, so we may get him for a bit longer but they're going to have to start floating ideas for the replacement just like they've started for Craig with Bond.

I think James Franco could be an intriguing choice.... haven't thought too much that one just kinda popped off the top of my head.

If they use Franco this franchise is dead to me. ****ing loathe that douchebag.

Deberg_1990 05-04-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9656404)

Maybe that's why this film had a character arc closure feel to it?

I'm honestly not sure if anyone can nail it like RDJ did? It would be like replacing Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.

Sully 05-04-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9656409)
Maybe that's why this film had a character arc closure feel to it?

I'm honestly not sure if anyone can nail it like RDJ did? It would be like replacing Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.

After the stinger, it read on the screen, "Tony Stark will return."

Mav 05-04-2013 01:15 PM

Random Question. RDJ. Better Holmes, or better Tony Stark?

Jerm 05-04-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9657020)

Easily Stark...NO ONE else could play TS like him.

mnchiefsguy 05-04-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9657020)

His Holmes is good...but not the best Holmes ever. I do not see anyone who could play Tony Stark better than him. RDJ was born to be Tony Stark.

Valiant 05-04-2013 01:42 PM

It was really good. I like the curveball on Mandarin. They can come back to it later. As a comic movie it might be better then im1 and close to avengers. I like to pretend im2 did not happen.

As for tdk setting precedent. It did not. It is not a comic movie. While amazing movies they are rebranded james bond/jason bourne movies. Not comic movies.