ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Where would you most like to move? (continental U.S. only) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260651)

scorpio 06-25-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 8689294)
I like Fort Collins, except for the road layout. For a smallish town, it takes forever to get anywhere. Really though, anywhere in this state (west of Denver) is tough to beat.

The population has totally overgrown the capacity of the streets. And then when you factor in all the old people and the college students, driving in FoCo can be an exercise in anger management. I'd rather drive in Denver then Fort Collins any day.

NewChief 06-25-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio (Post 8700563)
The population has totally overgrown the capacity of the streets. And then when you factor in all the old people and the college students, driving in FoCo can be an exercise in anger management. I'd rather drive in Denver then Fort Collins any day.

I agree that driving was atrocious even back in 2000 when I lived there. The ease of biking there helped make up for that, though. I'd definitely have to live somewhere around campus if I lived there, though. I'd want to be able to walk/bike most places like I did when we lived there as youngsters.

tredadda 06-25-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio (Post 8700563)

This and the layout is all backwards. If you drive on Harmony into town it goes from 3 lanes each way to two. THis is also if you are heading out of town where there are fewer things. That never made sense to me which is why I avoid it and College as much as possible. If you take alternate roads in town, the driving is not too bad.

Skyy God 06-25-2012 03:15 PM

Anyplace where the heat index isn't 101 4 days into summer.

Mosbonian 06-25-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8700422)
Go down there after a 90 degree day and pass around Mile Marker 65 and open your window and get a nose full of the landfill and you will change your mind...

Same could be said of almost every big city.....even Charlotte, Statesville and Harmony....near you.

I lived there in Greenville for about 2 years and really liked it.

R8RFAN 06-25-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8701005)
Same could be said of almost every big city.....even Charlotte, Statesville and Harmony....near you.

I lived there in Greenville for about 2 years and really liked it.

I go there all the time, I see nothing that interests me there, but if you like it then more power to ya.:thumb:

BIG_DADDY 06-25-2012 05:41 PM

Bay Area and Southern Oregon Mountains are both really hip. I don't think I want to move anywhere.

BWillie 06-25-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8700433)
Yet you listed San Fran which is often chilly (50s-60s), foggy/overcast, and misty.

It's never really cold, never really hot. I think 60's and 50's all year is great weather. I don't really like dry Texas hot and humid weather, or Florida extremely humid and rainy weather very much.

Record low in SF, ever is 27 degrees and average highs are always 70-59 degrees, lows 48-56 degrees. Sounds like great weather to me, but I would keep my house at 65 degrees if I wasn't so cheap :D