ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thoughts on Pre-Season Game #1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262261)

KcMizzou 08-10-2012 11:13 PM

Larry Fitzgerald ‏@LarryFitzgerald

Getting on the plane back headed back to AZ. Reality is we stunk 2night but its early we will improve have to improve. #birdgang

KcMizzou 08-10-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 8808709)
first and second teams looked decent .....

First team looked ****ing amazing. I know it's not gonna be like that all the time, but lets not under-sell it.

petegz28 08-10-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8808710)
Larry Fitzgerald ‏@LarryFitzgerald

Getting on the plane back headed back to AZ. Reality is we stunk 2night but its early we will improve have to improve. #birdgang

I feel for that guy on that team. Yeah they had a run one year and you could almost call it a fluke. You think we have QB problems, ****, look at that team.

petegz28 08-10-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 8808709)
first and second teams looked decent .....

Um, I know it's only pre-season game 1 and we were playing the Cards but the 1st team looked awesome on both sides of the ball.

RealSNR 08-10-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808713)
I feel for that guy on that team. Yeah they had a run one year and you could almost call it a fluke. You think we have QB problems, ****, look at that team.

The guy signed the contract. He chose to stay there.

petegz28 08-10-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8808718)

Oh I know, but still.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-10-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808713)

They are just like any other talented team without a QB. Get them a QB and they're a playoff team likely, especially in that division.

bishop_74 08-10-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8808718)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...sf9eo1_500.gif

Rasputin 08-10-2012 11:20 PM

I'm just trying to think how our first team units compared to the likes of Atlanta? I know I saw there offense move the ball throwing and running pretty good. I think they have a better QB but our defense has to be better. I don't remember how there D looked.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-10-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8808727)
I'm just trying to think how our first team units compared to the likes of Atlanta? I know I saw there offense move the ball throwing and running pretty good. I think they have a better QB but our defense has to be better. I don't remember how there D looked.

Atlanta is swiss cheese in their secondary. If we protect Cassel, even he will shred them.

mr. tegu 08-10-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8808733)
Atlanta is swiss cheese in their secondary. If we protect Cassel, even he will shred them.

This is something I hadn't made the connection on until now. We know Cassel freaks out with pressure, especially when he sees it coming, but now with Winston protecting him on that side the pressure he used to see coming at him will no longer be nearly as present. That alone should make him much better and hopefully not force as many balls into his first reads.

petegz28 08-10-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8808733)

Since it appears we are going to be fielding both Bowe and Baldwin I think Cassel should really have a good season, especially against weak secondaries. If our running game gets going against Atlanta then just ****ing forget about it.

Planetman 08-10-2012 11:26 PM

I'm going to use the 2 word phrase I use every time we start to look as if we're going in the right direction.

Cautiously Optimistic. :)

petegz28 08-10-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8808741)
This is something I hadn't made the connection on until now. We know Cassel freaks out with pressure, especially when he sees it coming, but now with Winston protecting him on that side the pressure he used to see coming at him will no longer be nearly as present. That alone should make him much better and hopefully not force as many balls into his first reads.

And the fact he can check out of plays has to help a lot. Even if the play called would work, if he sees something that he wants to make a change because it makes him feel better about executing the play then go for it.

milkman 08-10-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8808460)
I'd be interested to see what Milkman thought of McCluster tonight.

I can also understand why people don't like him as a second round pick. He still has skills to play the game and he showcased it tonight.

I won't get a chance to see this game until Wednesday.