ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel has a concussion. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264784)

durtyrute 10-08-2012 03:26 PM

I need to know.

Radar Chief 10-08-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8992755)
I am a simple man, How do you get a concussion unless you take a blow to the head?

A concussion is basically your brain getting sloshed around inside your skull.
Even though it’s the most common cause it doesn’t take a blow to the head to achieve that.
If your head gets whipped around violently enough you can get a concussion even though you didn’t take a blow to the head.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8992776)
Very simple. If you are in a collision where your head whips back and forth this jostles your brain. They brain impacting the skull is what causes the concussion.

But that's not what happened here.

The back of his head impacted the ground. Violently.

Radar Chief 10-08-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Very simple. If you are in a collision where your head whips back and forth this jostles your brain. They brain impacting the skull is what causes the concussion.

Never mind, penguinz beat me to it.

R8RFAN 10-08-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8992792)
A concussion is basically your brain getting sloshed around inside your skull.
Even though it’s the most common cause it doesn’t take a blow to the head to achieve that.
If your head gets whipped around violently enough you can get a concussion even though you didn’t take a blow to the head.

I knew this guy once that had his grandson in a box stand hunting deer and the stand broke , he shielded his grandson from the fall and somehow shook that fluid around the brain and it caused his nose to run all the time... Pretty nasty, it really ****ed that old dude up.

Johnny Vegas 10-08-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

so there are multiple concussions that happen every play. Even at Poison concerts.

penguinz 10-08-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8992793)

Didn't say it was. ;) Just answering a question asked.

durtyrute 10-08-2012 03:33 PM

That whole incident was crazy. We have all seen players take much harder hits than that and get up like nothing happened. I don't under stand how he is concussed.

Molitoth 10-08-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8992793)

The from the TV angle we got, it never looked like a violent hit at all, and that the majority of the impact was his ass and then backwards.

I admit, I thought it was an easy way to remove himself from the game like last years mysterious hand injury which bought himself more time with the ole fashion injury excuse. I predicted it would happen before the game and I was anxious to see that I was right.

If I was wrong and Cassel had a real concussion (which I've had before) then I am sorry I accused him of flopping. I knew the pressure on him was huge yesterday, and with one of the worst games of his career, I don't know how he didn't even pull himself out of that disaster. I do commend Cassel for being a tough prick. Honestly, he has stolen a lot of time and money from this fan base, and I don't feel sorry for him. A Broken neck would be a different story that deserves sympathy.

Radar Chief 10-08-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8992804)
That whole incident was crazy. We have all seen players take much harder hits than that and get up like nothing happened. I don't under stand how he is concussed.

I don’t know how it happened either but I believe it did, he certainly showed signs of someone that was concussed.

Mr. Laz 10-08-2012 03:38 PM

When Cassel sat up you could see how woozy he was, even his eyes looked unfocused.

it wasn't fake

Mr. Laz 10-08-2012 03:43 PM

don't understand why people are happy about him getting benched/being out either.

IF ............... you really think Cassel is the worst QB 'in the history of the world' or whatever, then you should want him to stay on the field. It will be the best way to losing and being in a position to draft a guy like Geno Smith.

You really want Quinn to come in an eek out 3/4 wins to push us out of a high draft position?

I know, i know ... "cassel sucks ... hate cassel ... die cassel, die ... grr,grrr .."

cuteth thine nose off to spiteth thy faceth

htismaqe 10-08-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8992804)

Even though you can't see his head in the TV broadcast, you can tell from the way he landed that his head was thrown back into the ground when his butt hit.

There's an overhead angle that I saw on TV but haven't been able to find online yet that clearly shows his head hitting the ground, hard.

Molitoth 10-08-2012 03:46 PM

Laz,

It would be nice to know if Quinn and Stanzi are wasting roster spots.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8992841)
don't understand why people are happy about him getting benched/being out either.

IF ............... you really think Cassel is the worst QB 'in the history of the world' or whatever, then you should want him to stay on the field. It will be the best way to losing and being in a position to draft a guy like Geno Smith.

You really want Quinn to come in an eek out 3/4 wins to push us out of a high draft position?

I know, i know ... "cassel sucks ... hate cassel ... die cassel, die ... grr,grrr .."

cuteth thine nose off to spiteth thy faceth

I agree.