ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Winston is Full of Shit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264807)

ChiTown 10-08-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8992482)
Explain?

I think he could give a shit less about a banner and fans booing....at least right now.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8992516)
I think he could give a shit less about a banner and fans booing....at least right now.

Fair enough, but I do feel he is worried about his public image and the driving force behind the false booing stories being blasted out.

ToxSocks 10-08-2012 02:14 PM

What a ****ing disaster this season has been. Has to be the worst season in Chiefs history.

frankotank 10-08-2012 02:20 PM

I can't help but find it absolutely amazing that people who were actually at the game could possibly disagree on whether Cassel's injury was cheered or not!
even if you were in close proximity to some folks that were cheering the injury, I wouldn't think it would have been to hard to decipher whether or not the rest of the crowd was doing likewise. and I have YET to see any video evidence that support the Chiefs crowd being dicks. every video I've seen, the cheering dies down just after the runner is tackled....only to pick up again when Cassel gets up. in one video after the cheering dies down you can hear one clown yell "get off the field". very douchesque. but just one dude.
the conflicting stories.....I don't get it.

KevB 10-08-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8992531)
Fair enough, but I do feel he is worried about his public image and the driving force behind the false booing stories being blasted out.

The driving force behind the booing story is a fiery sound bite from a player, plain and simple. In this 24 news cycle, the media will latch onto any "story" that they're able to take a stance on, regardless the facts. It's the world we live in, and Pioli has nothing to do with it.

Reerun_KC 10-08-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8992561)
The driving force behind the booing story is a fiery sound bite from a player, plain and simple. In this 24 news cycle, the media will latch onto any "story" that they're able to take a stance on, regardless the facts. It's the world we live in, and Pioli has nothing to do with it.

Okay Okay...

:huh:

vailpass 10-08-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8992540)
What a ****ing disaster this season has been. Has to be the worst season in Chiefs history.

Maybe this will cheer you up...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=205110&page=4

Tophawk36 10-08-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8992561)

National media latches on to it and even when it's proven that what Winston said didn't happen they won't change the story because it doesn't make for as good a story.

FAX 10-08-2012 02:27 PM

Did 810 just go off the air?

FAX

jd1020 10-08-2012 02:27 PM

My favorite part about the whole thing is that Cassel goes down after dumping the ball off the Charles and then Charles runs for like 13 yards and gets a first down. People start cheering. Then Cassel isn't getting up and you don't hear cheers anymore, you just hear the collective noise of 60000+ people in the same area. When he gets up people clap and cheer with the players. And the story is that the fans were cheering when he was down and didn't stop. Mike Golic was dogging the fans and said that he cheers for the big hit, blah blah blah, but when I see the guy is hurt I stop... kinda like the fans at the game, idiot.

I wonder how many of these dumbasses sounding off on Winston's rant have actually seen the play.

KevB 10-08-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8992556)
I can't help but find it absolutely amazing that people who were actually at the game could possibly disagree on whether Cassel's injury was cheered or not!
even if you were in close proximity to some folks that were cheering the injury, I wouldn't think it would have been to hard to decipher whether or not the rest of the crowd was doing likewise. and I have YET to see any video evidence that support the Chiefs crowd being dicks. every video I've seen, the cheering dies down just after the runner is tackled....only to pick up again when Cassel gets up. in one video after the cheering dies down you can hear one clown yell "get off the field". very douchesque. but just one dude.
the conflicting stories.....I don't get it.

The timing of the play was strange, thus the different opinions. Jamal busts a long play, crowd cheers. 25 yards behind that, Cassel had been knocked down but the play didn't look particularly vicious. Most fans' attention was on Charles down the field. It was 5-10 seconds after he was tackled that many realized Cassel was down. He started to get up, then went back down. There was a discernible "cheer" from a few when he went back down and just stayed there. I'm not the only one that heard it, as the group of people in my section actually discussed it.

Art Vader 10-08-2012 02:30 PM

Seems like Winston had Pioli's hand up his ass like a ventriloquist dummy.

They really made this whole thing backfire on the fan uprising!
Phantom injury followed by an outspoken rant against the fans resulting in deflected media focus.
Genius move.
Advantage Pioli.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8992575)
Did 810 just go off the air?

FAX

Pioli with the kill shot!

htismaqe 10-08-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Vader (Post 8992585)
Seems like Winston had Pioli's hand up his ass like a ventriloquist dummy.

They really made this whole thing backfire on the fan uprising!
Phantom injury followed by an outspoken rant against the fans resulting in deflected media focus.
Genius move.
Advantage Pioli.

Yep.

Imon Yourside 10-08-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8992576)
My favorite part about the whole thing is that Cassel goes down after dumping the ball off the Charles and then Charles runs for like 13 yards and gets a first down. People start cheering. Then Cassel isn't getting up and you don't hear cheers anymore, you just hear the collective noise of 60000+ people in the same area. When he gets up people clap and cheer with the players. And the story is that the fans were cheering when he was down and didn't stop. Mike Golic was dogging the fans and said that he cheers for the big hit, blah blah blah, but when you see the guy is hurt I stop... kinda like the fans at the game, idiot.

I wonder how many of these dumbasses sounding off on Winston's rant have actually seen the play.

In the neighborhood of zero.