ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Fox Sports Poll: Who Should the Chiefs Draft at No. 1? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267890)

crossbow 12-22-2012 09:48 AM

We have an LT. Need quarterback.

http://youtu.be/1bKooUgk6N8

Molitoth 12-22-2012 11:17 AM

OT: What is this woman saying?
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/195380-1/Bikini-Bounce.gif[/QUOTE]

Waters warm...

NJChiefsFan 12-22-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9231445)
In the NFC Championship game last year, the team with arguably the best ILB in the league, and the best LB corps overall, lost to a team with a franchise QB.

You can argue that Kyle Williams lost that game, but I would argue that if Alex Smith had converted just a couple of third down plays, Kyle Williams would never have been in that situation.

Alex Smith converts just a couple of third downs here and there, the 9ers would have been in position to score a couple extra points, and that second fumbled punt would never have taken place.

This got lost in the madness that was Kyle Williams two **** ups. Part of the reason franchise QB's survive and make it to the SB is because they are able to overcome, or in this case, avoid situations where players on their team make mistakes. The 9ers would have already won the game if Smith had stepped up.

whoman69 12-22-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9231628)

Waters warm...[/QUOTE]

Uhm, nobody cares what she's saying.

Rausch 12-22-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9231486)
We have an LT. Need quarterback.

http://youtu.be/1bKooUgk6N8

Uh, this.

Few people like Winston or his pass blocking but I wouldn't even list T as a top 5 need. And while Albert isn't a top 5 guy he's surely no weakness that needs to be replaced either.

Why the **** would anyone think we'd go LT?...

NJChiefsFan 12-22-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9231994)
Uh, this.

Few people like Winston or his pass blocking but I wouldn't even list T as a top 5 need. And while Albert isn't a top 5 guy he's surely no weakness that needs to be replaced either.

Cause it's the smart thing to do. QB's are scary. Imagine what happens if we are wrong?!!! It could set us back two years or so. Can't have that. Much better to get a LT, draft a retread, and hope that over the next 6 years we have a perfect season and hope it gets us a playoff win or two. Better off risking the next few years trying to be the first team to win a SB in this era without a franchise QB then it would be to try to get a franchise QB.

It's like this fan base has no clue

1. what the NFL is today
2. how badly we have failed in the past when getting retread QBs

Hammock Parties 12-22-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9231994)
Uh, this.

Winston's pass blocking is fine and Albert was a top 5 pass blocker this year.

They're better than anyone knows...we're lucky to have one of the better pass blocking tandems in the NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2012 04:14 PM

It's time to Warsaw Ghetto these ****ing Tard Fans.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

12/21 Nexteranfl:
1. Kansas City Chiefs : Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame - The Chiefs obviously need a QB, but do they spend the 1st overall pick on one? Geno Smith is the only one really in the discussion at this point, but selecting him would be a significant risk. Smith is a poor man’s RG3 that has more bust potential than RG3 ever did. If I was in KC’s shoes I would look to take a QB at the top of the 2nd round, where there could be some very nice value options including Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon and Tyler Wilson.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you; the dumbest thing ever written.

Papers, pleeease....

(****)

AussieChiefsFan 12-22-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9232361)
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you; the dumbest thing ever written.

Papers, pleeease....http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/fo...ers_Please.JPG

:banghead::banghead:

J Diddy 12-22-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9231445)
In the NFC Championship game last year, the team with arguably the best ILB in the league, and the best LB corps overall, lost to a team with a franchise QB.

You can argue that Kyle Williams lost that game, but I would argue that if Alex Smith had converted just a couple of third down plays, Kyle Williams would never have been in that situation.

Alex Smith converts just a couple of third downs here and there, the 9ers would have been in position to score a couple extra points, and that second fumbled punt would never have taken place.

Alex Smith is an example of what we should be afraid of. First overall pick and then nothing.

Sorter 12-22-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231198)
Sanchez could fail out of the league after this season, and I would still maintain that without the benefit of hindsight, he was the right decision for the Chiefs at 3. The Cassel trade should never have been made, and Pioli shouldn't have tried to outsmart everyone.

If Pioli really hated Sanchez that ****ing much, he should have eaten the poor trade down offer (whatever it was he received from teams) and then taken a guy he wanted. Tyson Jackson would still have been there; the only team that really wanted him besides us was Green Bay drafting at 10 overall.

Denver wanted him too IIRC.

kcfanXIII 12-22-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9232431)
Alex Smith is an example of what we should be afraid of. First overall pick and then nothing.

try to follow....

9ers defense was top in the league last year, with arguably the best lb in the game right now. then they lost to a team with a franchise qb. qb>lb

Sorter 12-22-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9232603)
try to follow....

9ers defense was top in the league last year, with arguably the best lb in the game right now. then they lost to a team with a franchise qb. qb>lb

****, the drop off from Willis to Bowman isn't even large. They have two studs at ILB and while that was great, it still doesn't overshadow the gap at QB.

kcfanXIII 12-22-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9232718)
****, the drop off from Willis to Bowman isn't even large. They have two studs at ILB and while that was great, it still doesn't overshadow the gap at QB.

It is so ****ing obvious. if you don't see it, there's just no hope for you.