ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Polian and Dungy to be new GM and HC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268030)

lewdog 12-26-2012 08:43 PM

I could coach a Peyton Manning lead team to a Superbowl. Hire me when Fox leaves.

chiefzilla1501 12-26-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9242612)
There have been significant changes to the game in the time he's been away.
We already have a coach who the game has passed by.

Being away from the game doesn't mean the game has passed you by. As long as you recognize it's changed and adapt. Vermeil did fine coming back. Shanahan did well coming back. If Gruden moves to more of a spread, he will too. Marty did too, if you count the fact that he still couldn't win the big game. Dungy's too smart a coach not to make a comeback and adjust his scheme. But again, like Marty, he's not going to win big games.

ChiefsCountry 12-26-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241764)
Because deep down people want Marty even though they also want a Super Bowl.

They feel like Cowher is Marty without the choke-in-the-playoffs aspect.

Marty with a franchise QB like Montana was good times. And that quarterback is in our grasp.

Micjones 12-26-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9242625)
It all matters is if the coach can adapt to the times. There are some coaches who are so hardheaded that they refuse to adapt to the new game, but the NFL has been a passing league for about 10-12 years and both DUngy and Gruden know that and i think they could adapt.

I am not saying that i want them to coach the team, im just saying i think both of these guys can adapt, they now watch the NFL from a different point of view from what the fans see and see how much this game is about passing now days.

Whoever the coach will be ill get behind him for at least the first year. IN the end, i dont have any control over it.

Dungy's pushing 60. He's been around the NFL a long time. Guys like him are rarely open to the winds of change in the league. I doubt seriously he'll have a fresh take on the game. I will say this though...If memory serves, he's never really been a meddlesome coach who had to have his hands in everything. So with bright young coordinators...maybe he'd be okay?

Micjones 12-26-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9242631)
Being away from the game doesn't mean the game has passed you by. As long as you recognize it's changed and adapt. Vermeil did fine coming back. Shanahan did well coming back. If Gruden moves to more of a spread, he will too. Marty did too, if you count the fact that he still couldn't win the big game. Dungy's too smart a coach not to make a comeback and adjust his scheme. But again, like Marty, he's not going to win big games.

Vermeil was only away two years. And I think comparatively, the league changed a lot less over that stretch. Dungy's been gone for four.

SAUTO 12-26-2012 09:01 PM

Vermeil was gone for a decade. Edit more than that
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 12-26-2012 09:02 PM

Also throw dungy in the same "**** that" pile as Reid
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 12-26-2012 10:06 PM

Dungy wouldn't even be in the top ten coaches I'd want.

Cowher
Arians
Kelly
Reid
McCoy
Gruden
Gruden
Clements
Sullivan

CanadaKC 12-26-2012 10:13 PM

are you guys seriously arguing who's a better coach between Crennel and Dungy? Come on man!

nychief 12-26-2012 10:24 PM

Why is Cowher a better coach than Dungy... Because he scowls?

chiefzilla1501 12-26-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9242795)
Why is Cowher a better coach than Dungy... Because he scowls?

Exactly.

chagrin 12-26-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9241786)
If Geno is as good as everyone here says he'll be, we are set.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd hate to see the #1 overall pick get his bell rung for the first 2-4 years because he's in the hands of a horrible coaching staff; this is an extremely important pick coming up, it's going to be combined with a new staff off the heels of a terrible, terrible year. Ownership is in deep with fans, as bad as it has been in what, 25 years? Everything must go the right way or shit's going to explode immediately.
We can plant good seeds like Washington, Seattle and others, drafting good young talent or we can look like Arizona, Cincy, Oakland over the years when shitty coaching staffs selected talent at the top and ruined them, or just drafted shit and made it worse.

NJChiefsFan 12-26-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin (Post 9242805)
I'd hate to see the #1 overall pick get his bell rung for the first 2-4 years because he's in the hands of a horrible coaching staff; this is an extremely important pick coming up, it's going to be combined with a new staff off the heels of a terrible, terrible year. Ownership is in deep with fans, as bad as it has been in what, 25 years? Everything must go the right way or shit's going to explode immediately.
We can plant good seeds like Washington, Seattle and others, drafting good young talent or we can look like Arizona, Cincy, Oakland over the years when shitty coaching staffs selected talent at the top and ruined them, or just drafted shit and made it worse.

Yeah I think a good example is picturing what RG3 or Wilson would have done with our coaching staff this year.

chagrin 12-26-2012 10:31 PM

:eek:

RunKC 12-26-2012 10:45 PM

There is no need to worry guys. Dungy is not coaching.

Tony Dungy ‏@TonyDungy
We lived in Kansas City 3 years and loved it. I love the Hunt family. But I will not be back in coaching, there or anywhere else.