ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Official: Andy Reid Signs His Contract (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268503)

Rausch 01-05-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9285155)
Raush you are correct, baby steps.

Hell we will just be happy to get around .500 next season.

Look at the schedule.

Even with a below average QB (Alex Smith, rookie, random 2nd stringer) we should net 6 wins.

Bottom end.

Rausch 01-05-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9285183)
The Giants won two SB's during Andy's time. Reid was in Philly 14 years and has been to one SB in 2004 and lost. He's had Philly in many playoff games and back in the day contending year after year, yet no SB win and teams are clamoring for him?

I'm not saying and don't believe he'll win us a SB.

No, I don't.

I think he'll rebuild this franchise back to the Marty/Carl level of competitive.

That's it.

Then I think (3-4 years) he should be fired and the best guy we believe can take us to the next level should be hired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9285183)
Agreed. We did'nt get this way overnight and the fix isn't going to happpen overnight either.

See above...

R8RFAN 01-05-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9285060)
Dude, Clark is paying Scott Pioli ****ing millions to go away. He is paying Andy Reid close to 8 million a year to coach the team, and whomever Reid brings in as GM is gonna get paid too. Clark has been worthy of criticizing in the past, but given how many millions he has spent this week, calling him cheap is a pretty weak argument.

He is spending the money on a good coach NOW... but Free Agents, BOWE etc.... I will reserve my thoughts for now.

Lex Luthor 01-05-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9285311)
He is spending the money on a good coach NOW... but Free Agents, BOWE etc.... I will reserve my thoughts for now.

Everyone at Chiefsplanet is waiting with baited breath for a Raiders fan's thoughts on Clark Hunt.

DTLB58 01-05-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9285222)
I'm not saying and don't believe he'll win us a SB.

No, I don't.

I think he'll rebuild this franchise back to the Marty/Carl level of competitive.

That's it.

Then I think (3-4 years) he should be fired and the best guy we believe can take us to the next level should be hired.

See above...

Yep. That's exactly what I said yesterday also. Hopefully after 3-5 years we discover some young gun and he takes us over the top and finishes the job that Reid started.
I don't have blinders on when it comes to Reid, I think he can return the franchise to respectability, but I don't think he is a SB winning coach. Let's hope I'm wrong.

O.city 01-05-2013 04:18 PM

Reid is 54, he's not Romeo old.

An association a KU friend made of Reid is, Roy Williams. He was great at KU, consistent winner. But he never won the big one.

Sometimes a change of scenery is needed when you are with a certain team for that long.

DomerNKC 01-05-2013 04:38 PM

What we had is a total change of direction by our owner. We just witnessed a Clarkopalypse!!!!

bevischief 01-05-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284672)
I've struggled with this, since the Clark Hunt really limited the choices with the criteria that established.

Before the offseason started, David Shaw was my top choice.

After Hunt described what he was looking for in a HC, Bill Cowher and Brian Billick would have been far more preferable.

And thinking outside the box, I would have looked in the direction of the CFL and talked to Marc Trestman.

I agree after doing my own research after you brought his name up. Reid was in my top 5 so I am not disappointed. Clark made a statement and I like it.

Mother****erJones 01-05-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9285346)
Yep. That's exactly what I said yesterday also. Hopefully after 3-5 years we discover some young gun and he takes us over the top and finishes the job that Reid started.
I don't have blinders on when it comes to Reid, I think he can return the franchise to respectability, but I don't think he is a SB winning coach. Let's hope I'm wrong.

His Eagles lost by 3 points in the SB to the cheating Patriots

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Bowler (Post 9285332)
Everyone at Chiefsplanet is waiting with baited breath for a Raiders fan's thoughts on Clark Hunt.

Reighters is trolling. The Cheaps stuff is his schtick.

Mosbonian 01-05-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284777)
As I've said before, I don't like Reid's approach on offense, the general lack of balance, and the fact that he put the game in the hands of a guy that I always considered highly overrated in McNabb.

I also don't generally like the type of defensive players he targets in the draft.

I'd take Cowher because I believe he could lure Chan Gailey back to KC as OC, and I think Gailey, while not a good HC, is one of the very best offensive minds in the NFL.

Brian Billick is a solid administrator, which I believe is critical to success.

Who he brings in assistents would be critical.

Cowher wasn't coming here, not sure why anyone had an honest belief he would have. He's shown no interest in taking better opportunities and to think he would have come here with the situation being what it is would be foolish.

Brian Billick has zero offensive intelligence. If he couldn't win with the best damn defensive unit in years what makes anyone believe he could do crap with what sad defensive capabilities we have here now?

I think Reid was a good choice...would I have loved to see Cowher? Sure but I'm realistic enough to realize it wasn't a reality.

Mother****erJones 01-05-2013 05:17 PM

Billick was a good OC in Minnesota because he had Chris Carter, Randy Moss and Robert Smith. He couldnt do jack with Baltimore

Kerberos 01-05-2013 05:17 PM

Someone might have already asked this but I don't want to look at every thread and post to find out...... Did the Chiefs satisfy the "Rooney Rule" before they hired Reid?

Or since the outgoing coach was a minority they didn't have too?

siberian khatru 01-05-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos (Post 9285626)
Someone might have already asked this but I don't want to look at every thread and post to find out...... Did the Chiefs satisfy the "Rooney Rule" before they hired Reid?

Falcons ST coach

Mother****erJones 01-05-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos (Post 9285626)

Im guessing we interviewed Ray Farmer to satisfy the rule.