ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Top DC Candidate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268579)

O.city 01-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9293128)
I just can't take anyone seriously that's going to tell me Geno suffered because of his defense.

The team suffered because of his defense. If anything, his stats were inflated some because they threw so much to keep up.

If a bad defense impacts a QB in that way, then I would say his psyche has an issue.

But I don't put one ounce of stock in the defense mentally tarnished Geno.

I'm not really talking about mentality. More that people bash him for not getting leads or pulling his team from behind, when he did get them a lead late in the fourth quarter against TCU and OU.

If those leads hang up, he gets credit for beating a top 7 defense vs the pass and a defense that is constantly one of the better ones in college football.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9293128)
I just can't take anyone seriously that's going to tell me Geno suffered because of his defense.

The team suffered because of his defense. If anything, his stats were inflated some because they threw so much to keep up.

If a bad defense impacts a QB in that way, then I would say his psyche has an issue.

But I don't put one ounce of stock in the defense mentally tarnished Geno.

The defense didn't make him play worse.

But he's getting some of the blame the defense should be getting.

Prime example - Geno takes the blame for ALL FIVE of the 5 losses down the stretch.

Anybody that watched the OU game saw him WIN that game with the go-ahead score, only to watch the defense go Greg Robinson and lose the game.

The Franchise 01-07-2013 04:38 PM

Exactly.....I've seen plenty of people complain that you don't take a QB who went 7-5 in the Big 12 first overall.

It's ****ing moronic.

Tstej 01-07-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9292542)
Dom Capers...

What incentive does he have to leave Green Bay? He's a great defensive mind but I think he has it pretty good there.

O.city 01-07-2013 04:38 PM

And really, I know I'll get knocked like shit for this, but I'm just not completely sold on RGIII as a pocket passer. He can't continue to play like he did this year, he doesn't have the size. When he can't run, his passing took a hit this year (not specifically yesterday, other games this season).

Hes just so gifted mentally and physically I think he'll get there, but as far as a passer he has a ways to go.

O.city 01-07-2013 04:44 PM

And honestly, trading for Freeman wouldn't piss me off the way it would others. Yeah, teams don't trade franchise QB's, but Schiano wants to win his way, ala, Pioli. Dude is still young.

DementedLogic 01-07-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9292996)
If it's Kiffin, it's going to be Marinelli.

But I have a hard time believing they are hiring the line coach before the DC. Castillo is absolutely going to be the OLine caoch. Andy feels he owes it to him after how he was let go in Phi.

I thought it was weird that they would hire D-Line coach before DC as well. She said she didn't ask any questions, it just came up in conversation at her office. She swears he said offensive coach, but that doesn't make sense. Although Reid did take an O-Line coach to DC, so you can't put it past him.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9293113)
Not for smart people, it won't be.

LMAO

Buehler445 01-07-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9293135)
The defense didn't make him play worse.

But he's getting some of the blame the defense should be getting.

Prime example - Geno takes the blame for ALL FIVE of the 5 losses down the stretch.

Anybody that watched the OU game saw him WIN that game with the go-ahead score, only to watch the defense go Greg Robinson and lose the game.

That's a damn tall order. Are you sure it was THAT bad?:evil:

Hootie 01-07-2013 04:56 PM

this place cracks me up

RGIII goes from the toast of the NFL to having a game where he got injured and tried to play through it (and failing miserably) to suddenly being a guy no one wants anymore.

Unbelievable.

I feel bad for whatever poor guy has to come in here and play QB. Half of our fan base wouldn't even hypothetically trade our #1 pick for Aaron Rodgers.

Good luck big guy!!

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9293182)
this place cracks me up

RGIII goes from the toast of the NFL to having a game where he got injured and tried to play through it (and failing miserably) to suddenly being a guy no one wants anymore.

Unbelievable.

I feel bad for whatever poor guy has to come in here and play QB. Half of our fan base wouldn't even hypothetically trade our #1 pick for Aaron Rodgers.

Good luck big guy!!

You crack me up. You enter every thread and start a baseless argument with yourself. No one here wouldn't take RGIII. Stop arguing with yourself.

Ace Gunner 01-07-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9291272)
As I mentioned on this site days before any media last week, the top DC candidate for the Chiefs is going to be Monte Kiffin. He would also bring Rod Marinelli as his line coach.

I've been told it's his job to turn down and they think he wants it.

I think Kiffin has evolved some and doesn't run a straight Tampa 2 anymore, but and the personnel is an interesting fit.

Dorsey would be in huge consideration to be re-signed.

Hali, Dorsey, Poe, ?

Houston, ?, DJ - I think DJ would slide into the Derrick Brooks role.

I hated the hire at first, but I'm not completely against it now. I hate the Tampa 2 defense, but I think Kiffin recognizes he can't run that solely with the offenses of today.

Will be interesting. Just thought I'd share.

Dorsey? Glenn Dorsey? ROFL

Hootie 01-07-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9293189)
You crack me up. You enter every thread and start a baseless argument with yourself. No one here wouldn't take RGIII. Stop arguing with yourself.

I read half of the dudes post where he started with "not being sold with RGIII as a pocket passer" and kind of overreacted, some also stems from my hypothetical "who would you trade the #1 pick for" thread where people were already turning on RGIII...and many said no to Aaron Rodgers.

Insane.

BigMeatballDave 01-07-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9293193)
Dorsey? Glenn Dorsey? ROFL

Yes. In a 4-3.

MahiMike 01-07-2013 05:16 PM

Was really hoping Carolina would fire Ron Rivera...(

That being said, maybe Kiffin is like every other head coach that fails. Peter Principle got to him and he'll be better back as a coordinator.