ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raiders Interested in Geno Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269366)

silver5liter 01-27-2013 12:13 PM

Raiders fans are dumb. Just search geno smith in Twitter and you find a hand full saying they already have him in terrel pryor. :facepalm:

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9355098)
Jackson may offer you Gabbart + another pick for the 1st...

What Jackson are you referring to?

milkman 01-27-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355093)
I don't understand, why would it make more sense for it to be coming from Jacksonville? No one actually thinks the Jaguars want to take a QB in the first round.

A team behind the Raiders with interest in Geno might trade up to J-Ville to take him ahead of the Raiders if they believe the rumor.

I believe it's also possible for the Raiders to be putting this out there in hopes that someone will jump them to take Geno, because they might be concerned that the Jags are targeting their guy.

R8RFAN 01-27-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355101)
What Jackson are you referring to?

Jacksonville sorry

WildTurkey 01-27-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

I don't understand, why would it make more sense for it to be coming from Jacksonville? No one actually thinks the Jaguars want to take a QB in the first round.

It has nothing to do with JAX wanting a qb. It's an attempt to make qb hungry teams believe that OAK wants one and that to get Geno any other team that wants him would have to trade to the 2 spot to get him.

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9355108)
It has nothing to do with JAX wanting a qb. It's an attempt to make qb hungry teams believe that OAK wants one and that to get Geno any other team that wants him would have to trade to the 2 spot to get him.

Well in that case, I hope it works. But if for some reason the Chiefs did pass on Geno, I can't imagine Jacksonville doing it also. Unless we got a first for next year. And I don't see many teams doing that for Geno.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-27-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Because they're trying to get anyone who may want Geno to try and leap frog Oakland by trading with them.

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9355116)
Because they're trying to get anyone who may want Geno to try and leap frog Oakland by trading with them.

Yea I had a momentary brain lapse. I was thinking Oakland was ahead of us for a second.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-27-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9355103)

I believe it's also possible for the Raiders to be putting this out there in hopes that someone will jump them to take Geno, because they might be concerned that the Jags are targeting their guy.

Good point.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355118)
Yea I had a momentary brain lapse. I was thinking Oakland was ahead of us for a second.

Who do you want for Jacksonville?

1ChiefsDan 01-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9354633)
Are you still here? It's time to finish him off men.

Guys, leave Tony alone. It's not his fault he suffered oxygen deprivation at birth.

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9355125)
Who do you want for Jacksonville?

Star or Moore. Possibly Dion Jordan if he steps up in the proday and combine.

Alot of other Jags fans want Werner because they think he has a higher ceiling than Damontre, but I don't personally see it. Bradley was asked about the QB situation and what type of QB he would like. And from the sound of it, I think he wants another Russell Wilson like player. And that to me would be Tajh Boyd. So I wouldn't be opposed to trading down to help get him next year.

HolyHat 01-27-2013 12:38 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBovrJHCcAA_8on.jpg:large

Saccopoo 01-27-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355131)
Star or Moore. Possibly Dion Jordan if he steps up in the proday and combine.

Alot of other Jags fans want Werner because they think he has a higher ceiling than Damontre, but I don't personally see it. Bradley was asked about the QB situation and what type of QB he would like. And from the sound of it, I think he wants another Russell Wilson like player. And that to me would be Tajh Boyd. So I wouldn't be opposed to trading down to help get him next year.

I think Werner's ceiling is John Abraham. They are very similar in size, speed, experience and drive at the same stage. Werner can just take over a game when he's on, but can also disappear for periods.

Moore is a difficult guy to figure out. He's a bit of a tweener and he doesn't look like he's got that instinctiveness in his game right now. However, he plays hard, is very athletic and as such, makes a lot of plays from behind that are actually pretty impressive plays. I don't know if he'll be able to do that at the next level though.

I think that Moore, Mingo and Jordan are all the same guy. Very similar games, athleticism and size. I think all will be good pros.

If I was Jacksonville, I'd go with Werner in the first and then Nassib in the second.

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 12:55 PM

Nassib is a reach with the 33rd pick in my opinion. The kid looks lost when he is pressured and has some serious accuracy issues. We already have a QB who is very young and still needs to develop. The only QB I could see us taking really, would be Dysert in like the third.