ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Official Trade for Nick Foles Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270241)

Mr_Tomahawk 03-12-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9488574)
They want Geno at #1? If Reid is deadset on getting Foles....then I want their 1st, 2nd, Foles and a pick next year....say a 3rd or 4th.

Not necessarily at #1...they are nervous the raiders will take him at #3, so theoretically they could trade up to #2 assuming we pass on him...

BossChief 03-12-2013 12:09 PM

We better not move down with a team that wants a QB for less than full price.

Going from 1 to 4 is a 1200 point difference, basically the 12th overall pick worth of point value.

They would need to give us 4, Foles and next years first to make that deal.

Minimum.

Otherwise, we better just take Geno and go into the season with a "let the best man win" mentality.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-12-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9488580)

Going from 1 to 4 is a 1200 point difference, basically the 12th overall pick worth of point value.

Minimum.

Otherwise, we better just take Geno and go into the season with a "let the best man win" mentality.

Is this with the new rookie-wage scale, or does that not matter?

Frosty 03-12-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9488594)

I think it's more relevant with the new CBA. Before that, people didn't want to trade up to the top 5 because of the ridiculous contracts.

BossChief 03-12-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9488594)

Almost every deal from the 2012 draft used the chart as a guideline...the only ones that didn't had multiple teams interested that caused the cost to rise...like the RG3 trade.

Frankie 03-12-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9488580)

Minimum.

Come on man, what is full price based on?!

We will NOT get the draft chart dictated compensation. It's just not that kind of a draft. There's simply no elite player at the top of the draft. Almost anything in extra picks (or Foles) we get from the Eagles is a bonus. And we still get one of several players that I'm sure the Chiefs hold virtually equal in value. We don't know how hard the Eagles' chubby is for Geno, but if it is even semi hard it's a win win trade for both parties.

And we are NOT taking Geno at the top unless the AS trade was bogus or Geno is drafted to be traded.

DTLB58 03-12-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9488559)
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/03/1...y-contingency/

"Whatever mistakes Andy Reid made two years ago when constructing the lame-named Dream Team we’re all hoping he’s learned his lessons. One mistake he didn’t make was leaving the QB cupboard bare. Nick Foles may not have stepped in and made a bold take over but, it was obvious to most who watched him that he has a future and consequently there’s been talk of his possibly coming to K.C..

One trade scenario I’ve heard is the Chiefs trading the first overall pick to Philly for the 4th pick + Nick Foles. I’d do that deal without hesitation. The Chiefs would likely be able to get whoever they wanted at number one plus be able to immediately gain a QB who Reid already has a dialog with. Here’s a post I wrote on Nick Foles 14 months ago.

There are so many possible options for improving the Chiefs QB position but, bringing Nick Foles to K.C. seems like a no brainer if all the Chiefs have to do is wait three picks to make their first pick because they will likely still be able get their man."

Well, When Reid/Dorsey were hired I thought we would have 3 new QB's.
Smith/Foles/Daniels is probably a better outlook than Cassel/Quinn/Stanzi. But probably not THE answer.

Frankie 03-12-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9488567)
I agree.

1st+4th+Foles.

I am reading more and more that Eagles are high on Geno and are affraid the Raiders are going to take him....

This sounds reasonable to me. And their interest in Geno Smith makes sense too. One year of Vick while they groom Geno. And Foles seems to be a square peg in the round hole that's Kelly's system.

BossChief 03-12-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9488674)
Come on man, what is full price based on?!

We will NOT get the draft chart dictated compensation. It's just not that kind of a draft. There's simply no elite player at the top of the draft. Almost anything in extra picks (or Foles) we get from the Eagles is a bonus. And we still get one of several players that I'm sure the Chiefs hold virtually equal in value. We don't know how hard the Eagles' chubby is for Geno, but if it is even semi hard it's a win win trade for both parties.

And we are NOT taking Geno at the top unless the AS trade was bogus or Geno is drafted to be traded.

Come the **** on, Mensa.

Who gives a **** what Kiper and McShay talk about?

If the Eagles (or another team) want Geno Smith, they are gonna have to pay for the pick.

The real question is if teams want a QB bad enough to ove for him, what do they see that Reid/Dorsey don't?

The Franchise 03-12-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9488725)
This sounds reasonable to me. And their interest in Geno Smith makes sense too. One year of Vick while they groom Geno. And Foles seems to be a square peg in the round hole that's Kelly's system.

So it's ok for the Eagles to groom Geno for a year but it isn't ok for us?

Frankie 03-12-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9488844)
Come the **** on, Mensa.

Who gives a **** what Kiper and McShay talk about?

If the Eagles (or another team) want Geno Smith, they are gonna have to pay for the pick.

The real question is if teams want a QB bad enough to ove for him, what do they see that Reid/Dorsey don't?

:facepalm:

You respond with condescension, yet you haven't earned the right. You obviously don't know the first thing about making deals. It's not only based on supply and demand, but also the degree of the demand.

It's not in black or white. It's not like the Eagles either want Geno or they don't. They may very well want him enough, but not for an arm and a leg.

Frankie 03-12-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9488868)
So it's ok for the Eagles to groom Geno for a year but it isn't ok for us?

Every FO thinks different. I'm not in either FO.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-12-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9488970)
:facepalm:

You respond with condescension, yet you haven't earned the right. You obviously don't know the first thing about making deals. It's not only based on supply and demand, but also the degree of the demand.

It's not in black or white. It's not like the Eagles either want Geno or they don't. They may very well want him enough, but not for an arm and a leg.

:spock:

htismaqe 03-13-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9488976)
Every FO thinks different. I'm not in either FO.

Yeah, other teams are in it to win it.

The Chiefs obviously aren't.

Frankie 03-13-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9492248)
Yeah, other teams are in it to win it.

The Chiefs obviously aren't.

No. What I meant was FOs evaluates a draft prospect using different parameters. It's true among us. Why shouldn't it be the same among them. You, for example are certain beyond any shadow of doubt that Geno Smith is the next super elite, carry-the-franchise-on-his-shoulders QB. I don't see it. I bet most FOs don't see it that way either. But 'most' does not mean 'all.' And there lies our chance, albeit small, to pull off a trade down.