ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Why is facebook the dumbest thing ever? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270666)

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=Spott;9460456]What's even worse is when those same people get into fights on facebook or post negative rants about the other one every time they get mad at each other.

edit... Had a curse word in the pic http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/04/pehamyga.jpg[/IMG]

lewdog 03-03-2013 01:59 PM

I post a lot of sports updates/thoughts, especially after this Alex Smith shit. As you can imagine, most people think the Chiefs trade is a great move. I spent post after post telling people how stupid they are. I only have one facebook friend who is a Chiefs fan, so it was great having people who support winning franchises tell me that this was an amazing move for the Chiefs.

blaise 03-03-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9460480)

That stuff is the reason I don't even bother with facebook.

Spott 03-03-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9460480)

I'd hit it.

NewChief 03-03-2013 02:09 PM

I do have two different girls who are entertaining as hell.

One lady actually killed her husband because she says he abused her. Well, she and his family are constantly going back and forth on FB. It's like a real life Jerry Spring.

The other one is a former student who was special ed. She married a dude like 10 years older than her, and they're basically a train wreck. Currently, he tried to hang himself while they were high, his family intervened and committed him, and now she's going crazy on them for keeping him away from her.

Oh, I also have a transgender former student who was male throughout high school (even though her sex is actually female). She's also into anime and always wanted to be called be different anime names (Katsui, Henyokai, etc...) She's now become a stripper, which is kind of crazy because I was never completely sure of her actual sex when she was in my class.

Pablo 03-03-2013 02:10 PM

This thread is great. DJF, what gives brah?

Can't take a little ribbing from Phil?

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9460513)
I do have two different girls who are entertaining as hell.

One lady actually killed her husband because she says he abused her. Well, she and his family are constantly going back and forth on FB. It's like a real life Jerry Spring.

The other one is a former student who was special ed. She married a dude like 10 years older than her, and they're basically a train wreck. Currently, he tried to hang himself while they were high, his family intervened and committed him, and now she's going crazy on them for keeping him away from her.

Oh, I also have a transgender former student who was male throughout high school (even though her sex is actually female). She's also into anime and always wanted to be called be different anime names (Katsui, Henyokai, etc...) She's now become a stripper, which is kind of crazy because I was never completely sure of her actual sex when she was in my class.

Holy shit people are crazy.

LiveSteam 03-03-2013 02:18 PM

facebook is da debal

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9460543)
facebook is da debal

I literally just got done using that argument in a "is there a god" debate on Facebook.

lewdog 03-03-2013 02:44 PM

Jesus, I totally forgot about a crazy facebook story from last month.

I am from small town Montana and many of us are friends with people older than us, simply because we knew everyone in town, even if they were 5-6 years older than you. So to make this long story short, I have friends who I knew but didn't really know.

About 100 of my friends and I were friends with this one girl who we went to school with. I knew who she was but she was 5 years older so I didn't know much about her but gladly accepted her friend request as did many others around the same time 2 years ago. She is really one of the most stunningly good looking girls you will ever see, just gorgeous blonde with tan skin/skinny body. She has been posting some of the most saddening posts about fighting a horrible battle with cancer, almost dying, beating it/going into remission, then having it come back. Posting pictures of her losing her hair and her thoughts about being alone through death. They were some of the most heart wrenching posts I have ever seen and actually made me really appreciate my life more when seeing someone struggle so much. People constantly posted sympathy posts and I know some of my friends even sent hundreds of dollars worth of care packages to boost her spirits. My girlfriend and I talked a lot about how horrible this situation was and how just devastating cancer was in ruining this seemingly great person's life as she had just finished her Master's degree before all of this happened.

Come to find out three weeks ago, she cat fished all of us. She had a post admitting she lied about it all! For what we all aren't sure but I hope she gets the mental health services and therapy help she needs.

threebag 03-03-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9460513)

I think Buck is going to an art exhibit with her...Umm...him.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9460610)
Jesus, I totally forgot about a crazy facebook story from last month.

I am from small town Montana and many of us are friends with people older than us, simply because we knew everyone in town, even if they were 5-6 years older than you. So to make this long story short, I have friends who I knew but didn't really know.

About 100 of my friends and I were friends with this one girl who we went to school with. I knew who she was but she was 5 years older so I didn't know much about her but gladly accepted her friend request as did many others around the same time 2 years ago. She is really one of the most stunningly good looking girls you will ever see, just gorgeous blonde with tan skin/skinny body. She has been posting some of the most saddening posts about fighting a horrible battle with cancer, almost dying, beating it/going into remission, then having it come back. Posting pictures of her losing her hair and her thoughts about being alone through death. They were some of the most heart wrenching posts I have ever seen and actually made me really appreciate my life more when seeing someone struggle so much. People constantly posted sympathy posts and I know some of my friends even sent hundreds of dollars worth of care packages to boost her spirits. My girlfriend and I talked a lot about how horrible this situation was and how just devastating cancer was in ruining this seemingly great person's life as she had just finished her Master's degree before all of this happened.

Come to find out three weeks ago, she cat fished all of us. She had a post admitting she lied about it all! For what we all aren't sure but I hope she gets the mental health services and therapy help she needs.

Holy Christ! What a shithead. Your last sentence gave me hope in mankind though. Rather than being bitter, you wished her help for the true ailment. Whatever is ****ed up in her own mind that would cause her to do something like that in the first place.

DonkyPuncher 03-03-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 110010x (Post 9459526)
I don't have a FB page. My GF is against me even being on the computer. She goes thru my phone and PC every chance she gets. I had my phone password protected because I left it at the gym one time and the guy at the front desk or someone had gone thru it before turning it in. So I decided to password protect. That didn't go over too well. I have to hide just to get online for any reason. I think this woman is even into stalking me on some of the sites I frequent.

Is she Jessica Alba?? If not leave as soon as possible **** that.

Nzoner 03-03-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459428)
I'm sorry dude. I just don't see how me telling that stupid story has altered your opinion of me one bit. Now you just have an excuse to tell me how you really felt all along. It's cool. You're too insecure to like alphas. I'm okay with that. Let's just be honest with each other for once. You're a whiny broad and I don't like that about you. I'm obnoxious and you don't like me. Cool. I feel much better already.

LMAO

Ceej 03-03-2013 03:08 PM

I'm a frequent FB user. Not like an update my status 20x a day type.

But, I usually enjoy it and typically dedriend people who update their status numerous times daily and people who post stupid ****ing baby pictures all day.

What happened to actual photo albums?