ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

KCUnited 03-14-2013 06:23 PM

In with **** You.

Simply Red 03-14-2013 06:29 PM

I'll play it by ear - I will watch and see what happens, But if it's a weak showing and everyone starts kicking our ass, again; I'll find another thing to do on Sundays. Just like I did last year. I think these guys on here want to brew & groom our own FQB, that's the main thing.

I treat it as what it is, Football. It's not exactly a huge priority on my 'to do' list. But I'd still say I love and have loved this team for a long time.

Hope that helps.

DaFace 03-14-2013 06:30 PM

The poll results are interesting. You'd certainly never guess by reading threads that 3/4ths of people are in "benefit of the doubt" mode.

Easy 6 03-14-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9499325)
There aren't very many posters (maybe a handful, if that) that think Geno would come in and instantly turn the franchise around. The majority are far more realistic than that. It's a terrible generalization. And again, it's not about the player, it's about the philosophy, which is why so many are upset.

I think you might be making to much of "philosophy"... who says the new plan going forward is to always get someone elses backup?

I'd be willing to bet that the current philosophy is simply to get back to respectable as fast as humanly possible, to try and get rid of the awful taste this fanbase has had in its mouth for nearly a decade... just get some positive mojo working again.

After that who knows, the philosophy could very easily subject to change, who can say that we arent taking a QB high next year? maybe there is someone Reid already has his eye on whom he wants to groom, the fact is we dont know, hell, who even knows what THIS draft will bring... i think what some people are trying to say is just give these new guys a CHANCE.

Philosophies can change.

Simply Red 03-14-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flippin4it (Post 9499323)
I am a KC fan, do or die. I pray Smith will light a fire under the offences ass this year.

I like that bold, that's some quality trollmultmanship right there, nicely done.

Craqhead 03-14-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9498745)
Sorry, but it's just insanely stupid not to use the 1st overall pick on a QB. I can't get past that.

It's not just our front office saying there isn't that one QB in this draft. It's everyone that covers the NFL.

So let's just pretend that we pick 1.1 and go QB and Geno or which ever QB that goes first too any team. Is a total bust. Then what? We become the laughing stock of the NFL again for picking the wrong QB

Now let's say we don't pick a QB number one and Geno, or which ever QB goes first to another team. That QB is a total bust.

So pretty much you still wanna take a QB 1.1???

Brock 03-14-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craqhead (Post 9499382)
It's not just our front office saying there isn't that one QB in this draft. It's everyone that covers the NFL.

So let's just pretend that we pick 1.1 and go QB and Geno or which ever QB that goes first too any team. Is a total bust. Then what? We become the laughing stock of the NFL again for picking the wrong QB

Now let's say we don't pick a QB number one and Geno, or which ever QB goes first to another team. That QB is a total bust.

Lets say Geno becomes a total pain in our asses for the next 10 years. Then what?

DaFace 03-14-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craqhead (Post 9499382)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9499386)
Lets say Geno becomes a total pain in our asses for the next 10 years. Then what?

Wait...am I to understand that either scenario is possible and that you have to evaluate the likelihood of the two scenarios occurring and make a logical decision about which course of action will be most likely to improve the team?

Blasphemy. ****ing true fans.

Brock 03-14-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9499399)
Wait...am I to understand that either scenario is possible and that you have to evaluate the likelihood of the two scenarios occurring and make a logical decision about which course of action will be most likely to improve the team?

Blasphemy. ****ing true fans.

I have no problem with trading for someone else's backup as a safety net. That has not been the mo of this team the past 30 years.

notorious 03-14-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigbazah (Post 9499245)
As long as the CHunts are in charge, we'll never rebuild into a SB caliber team. Considering this team won't win a SB in the foreseeable future, I'd rather go 8-8 every year than 2-14.

Nobody quoted this?

Honestly, it makes so much sense it makes me want to cry. :(

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9499214)
So we are excited about one drive?
Posted via Mobile Device

No, we're excited about all the drives that season which led to an OT loss in the NFC championship game.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9499435)
I have no problem with trading for someone else's backup as a safety net. That has not been the mo of this team the past 30 years.

Personally, I couldn't care less about prior regimes.

Craqhead 03-14-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9499386)

IMHO don't think the Faiders are gonna get Geno.

But if somehow he doe's end up in the blackhole, then I think our D will do what Kstate did too him. Shut him and his recievers down.

crazycoffey 03-14-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9499361)
The poll results are interesting. You'd certainly never guess by reading threads that 3/4ths of people are in "benefit of the doubt" mode.

We have a very vocal minority of the board here. Always have. Several high post count posters who say the same damn things in every thread

oldandslow 03-14-2013 07:17 PM

I am on board the Reid/Dorsey bandwagon. Headed toward the promised land...

This off season has been so much better than any over the past ten years it's not worth comparing.